Asalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh EID El Fitr 2011/1432 will begin to be celebrated in Australia and globally on Tuesday 30 Aug 2011. For those using physical moonlighting to establish the start of Shawal, Eid el Fitr will be on Wed Aug 31 2011 as the moon was sighted in Sydney .
MuslimVillage.com will be providing constantly updated information on Eid venue details and prayer times for Australian capital cities + beyond. Please subscribe to our RSS feed or check back regularly to this page for the latest info Inshallah.If you are aware of Eid prayer details for any particular Mosque or Islamic organisation in Australia or beyond, please email us this information to firstname.lastname@example.org. On behalf of MuslimVillage.com, once again Eid Mubarak to you and your loved ones.
Eid El Fitr 2011 (1432) Sydney, Australia – Eid El Fitr Prayer Locations
Latest info as of August 30th 2011 – 11:34am AUS EST (locations +a prayer times still to be added) All care has been taken in compiling this table and verifying details, however please confirm all information provided with your local Mosque/organization.
|Masjid | Musalah |Organisation||Date||Prayer Time||Location Details||Google Maps Link|
|Auburn Gallipoli Masjid||Tue 30/08/2011||6:45am||15-19 Gelibolu Parade, Auburn||map|
|Bonnyrigg Masjid||Tue 30/08/2011||6:45am||Bibbys Road, Bonnyrigg||map|
|Cringila Masjid (Wollongong)||Tue 30/08/2011||6:45am||1 Bethlehem Street, Cringila||map|
|Erskineville Masjid||Tue 30/08/2011||6:45am||13 John Street, Erskineville||map|
|Guildford Turkish Masjid (Mountford Ave)||Tue 30/08/2011||6:45am||64 MountfordAvenue, Guildford||map|
|Gwynneville Masjid (Wollongong)||Tue 30/08/2011||6:45am||9 Foley Street, Gwynneville||map|
|Mount Druitt Masjid||Tue 30/08/2011||6:45am||52 HytheStreet, Mt Druitt||map|
|Penshurst Masjid||Tue 30/08/2011||7:00am||445 Forest Road, Penshurst||map|
|Redfern Masjid||Tue 30/08/2011||6:00am||328 Cleveland Street, Redfern||map|
|Smithfield Masjid||Tue 30/08/2011||7:00am||30 Bourke Street, Smithfield||map|
|Armidale UNE Masjid||7:30am||Armidale Town Hall, Rusden St||map|
|Arncliffe (Darul-Iman) Masjid||Tue 30/08/11||8:30am||Tempe Reserve, Holbeach Ave, Tempe,||map|
|Artarmon Masjid||Tue 30/08/2011||7:30am||35 Hampden Rd, Artarmon||map|
|Auburn Omar Masjid||Wed 31/08/11||TBA||43 Harrow Road, Auburn||map|
|Auburn Abu Bakr Masjid||Wed 31/08/2011||6:45am||361 Chisholm Road, Auburn||map|
|Bankstown Saarban Masjid||TBA||30 Meredith St, Bankstown||map|
|Bathurst Masjid||TBA||75 BonnorSt, Kelso||map|
|Blacktown ‘Afghan’ Masjid||TBA||Corner of Prince Street & FourthAvenue, Blacktown||map|
|Imam Husain Islamic Centre||Wed 31/08/2011||6:30am||6 lang rd earlwood|
|Cabramatta Masjid||Tue 30 Aug 2011||7:15am||22 Water Street, Cabramatta West||map|
|Coffs Harbour Islamic Association||Tue OR Wed||7:30am||Community Village, 191 Harbour Dr., Coffs Harbour||map|
|Daar Ibn Abbas College (Bankstown)||Wed 31/08/11||7:30am||17 Cross St Bankstown||map|
|Daar Aisha Shariah College||Wed 31/08/11||7:30am||17 Cross St Bankstown||map|
|Darul Fatwa (2 Winspear Ave – Bankstown Masjid)||TBA||Paul Keating Park, Bankstown||map|
|Dee Why Masjid||Tue 30/08/11||TBA||12 South Creek Road, Dee Why||map|
|Liverpool Edmondson Park Masjid (Camden Valley Way)||Tue 30/08/11||7:30am||2094 Camden Valley Way, Edmondson||map|
|Ernest Street Lakemba Masjid||Wed 31/08/11||Australian National Sports ClubHall (Cnr. Punchbowl Rd & McCourt St, Lakemba)||map|
|Granville Masjid||Tue 30/08/2011||7:30am||Progress Park, Auburn||map|
|Green Valley Masjid||Wed* 31/8/11||264 Wilson Road, Green Valley||map|
|Harris Park Musalah||TBA||Closest venue: Attend Parramatta Masjid Eid prayer||map|
|Heatherbrae Musalah (Raymond Terrace)||Wed 31/08/11||206 Pacific Highway, Heatherbrae (unconfirmed whether correct location)||map|
|Hill District Muslim Society||Wed 31/08/11||SDA Building, Spurway Drive, Norwest/Crestwood (opposite Golf Club)||map|
|Hornsby Musalah (Asquith)||TBA||Closest venue: Attend Cherrybrook ILM SocietyEidprayer||map|
|ILM Society North West Sydney||Wed 31/08/11||Uniting Building – 134 New LineRd, Cherrybrook||map|
|Lakemba Bangla School (Hampden Road)||TBA||Hampden Road, Lakemba||map|
|Lakemba Masjid (Wangee Rd)||Tue 30/8/11||7:00am||65-67 WangeeRd, Lakemba||map|
|Lalor Park Musalah||TBA|
|Lismore Musalah||TBA||BP Service Station (uncomfirmed whether correct location) – 2 Leycester Street, Lismore||map|
|Macquarie University Musalah||TBA||Macquarie University – North Ryde Campus||map|
|Marrickville Musalah||TBA||Marrickville Town Hall – 303 Marrickville Rd, Marrickville|
|Matraville Public (Primary) School – 310BunnerongRd, Matraville||map|
|Mayfield Islamic Centre(Newcastle)||Wed 31/08/2011||6:45am||3 – 5 Victoria Street, Mayfield||map|
|Merrylands Musalah||Tue 30/08/11||6:45am||Miller Street Community Centre -(1st Floor) 17 Miller Street, Merrylands||map|
|Minto Masjid||Wed 31/08/11||7:00am||44-48 Westmoreland Road, Minto||map|
|Newcastle (Elmore Vale) Masjid||TBA||Corner of Garsdale Avenue and Croudace Road, Elermore Vale||map|
|Parramatta Masjid||Tue 30/08/2011||7:30am||Area 23, Pavillion Flat, Parramatta Park||map|
|Newcastle (Wallsend) Masjid||TBA||6 Metcalfe Street, Wallsend||map|
|Punchbowl AIDA Masjid||1 Catherine St, Punchbowl||map|
|Punchbowl Musalah||Tue 30/08/2011||8:00am||Punchbowl Park (Viola Street) – Mathew St if raining||map|
|Quakers Hill Masjid||Wed* 31/08/2011||37 Douglas Rd, Quakers Hill||map|
|Rockdale Musalah||Wed 31/08/2011||7:00am||The field at Warilda Street|
|Rooty Hill Masjid||Wed 31/08/11||63 O’Brien St, Mount Druitt||map|
|Rydalmere Masjid||Wed 31/08/2011||2 Primrose Avenue, Rydalmere||map|
|Ryde Islamic Centre||Wed 31/08/2011||6:45am||3 BlaxlandRoad, Ryde||map|
|Sefton Masjid||TBA||11-13 Helen Street, Sefton||map|
|St Marys IPDC Centre||Tue 30/08/2011||8:00am||
Field adjacent to Arthur Neave Memorial Hall, Parkes Ave,
Werrington, NSW (Corner of Victoria Street and Parkes Ave)
|Surry Hills Masjid||Wed 31/08/11||6:45am||175-177 Commonwealth Street, SurryHills||map|
|Sydney City Musalah||None||None||None||None|
|Tamworth Musalah(Kootingal)||TBA||Closest venue: Attend Armidale UNE MasjidEid prayer||map|
|Tempe Masjid||TBA||Marrickville PCYC, 531 Illawarra Rd, Marrickville||map|
|UNSW Musalah||Tue 30/08/2011||7:45am||Roundhouse, UNSW,Kensington.||map|
|Wentworthville Musalah||TBA||Closest venue: Attend Parramatta MasjidEid prayer||map|
|Wyong Masjid||Wed 31/08/2011||6:45am||13A Howarth Street, WYONG 2259||map|
|Zetland Masjid||TBA||932 Bourke Street, Zetland||map|
|Auburn (ASWJ)||Tue 30/08/11||7:00am||Bicentennial Park. Olympic Drive, Homebush||map|
|Belmore Masjid (ASWJ)||Tue 30/08/11||7:00am||Bicentennial Park, Olympic Drive, Homebush|
|Campbelltown Youth Centre CYC (ASWJ)||Tue 30/08/11||7:00am||Kyoshogi Park,|
|Canberra Masjid||TBA||130 Empire Circuit, Yarralumla (Canberra)||map|
|Dubbo ‘Kotku’ Masjid||TBA||71A Tamworth Street, Dubbo||map|
|Griffith ‘Kotku’ Masjid||TBA||58 BenerembahLane, Griffith||map|
|Homebush (ASWJ)||Tue 30/08/11||Bicentennial Park, Homebush Bay||map|
|Liverpool (ASWJ)||Tue 30/08/11||Woodward Park, Liverpool||map|
|Monash (Canberra) Masjid||TBA||221 Clive Steele Avenue, Monash (Canberra)||map|
|Wagga Wagga Masjid||TBA||Charles SturtUniversity onsite – Ron Potter Drv,WaggaWagga||map|
|Warwick Farm Kurdish Musalah||TBA||Unit 6, 10-14 Hume Highway.Warwick Farm||map|
|Wollongong Essence of Life (ASWJ)||Tue 30/08/11||Illawara hockey stadium, Walpes Road, New South Wales|
|Young ‘Afghan’ Masjid||TBA||Briggs Street, Young||map|
Eid El Fitr 1432/ 2011 Prayer Time & Locations – Australia
WED Aug 31 2011
Islamic Council of Victoria (ICV) and Board of Imams have announced Eid el Fitr to be on Wed Aug 31 2011. Eid Prayer at Flagstaff Gardens’ on Wednesday 31st August 2011. Eid Prayers will start at 7:30 am Sharp
WED Aug 31 200 (subject to moonsighting) ISLAMIC SOCIETY OF BALD HILLS – moonsighting – The proceeding (Takbir) will start at 7:00 am and the Eid prayer (salah) will be at 7:30 am sharp. The date depends on the sighting of the moon, it is likely Eid will be on Wednesday the 31st August.
MoSC – Moonsighting – Salat will begin at 6:45 am sharp followed by Khutbah at the Mooloolaba state school, Douglas street mooloolaba, QLD. We need to vacate the hall by 8:00. Finger food, drinks & sweets will be served afterwards elsewhere in the hall.
|Mosque||Based On||EID Prayer Time|
QUEENS PARK – Turkish Islamic Association of WA
Tue 30th Aug 2011 at 8:00am
CANNINGTON – Masjid Al-Sunnah (Canning Showground)
Wed 31 Aug 2011
MAYLANDS – Islamic Centre of WA – Kings Park
Wed 31 Aug 2011
MIRRABOOKA – Masjid Al-Taqwa
Wed 31st Aug 2011 7:00am
PADBURY – Al Majid
PERTH – Perth Mosque
Wed 31st Aug 2011 at 10:00am
RIVERVALE – Islamic Council WA
Wed 31 Aug 2011
ROCKINGHAM – Ar-Rukn Mosque
THORNLIE – AIC Mosque
Wed 31 Aug 2011
Alhidayah Centre will be conducting Eid Solah this year, Insha Allah, upon moon sighting. Visit Eid Notification to register for Eid notification.
Venue: Warwick Hall, 12 Dorchester Avenue, Warwick. (adjacent to Warwick Cinemas) Get directions here.Time: 7:00 a.m.- 9:00 a.m.
Moonsighting Data – Shawal 1432/2011 http://www.moonsighting.com/1432shw.html The Astronomical New Moon is on August 29, 2011 (Monday) at 3:04 UT. OnAugust 29, by naked eye it can be seen in Southern part of South America and Polynesian Islands. With binoculars it may be seen in Cape Town South Africa, Northern part of South America, and in Hawaii. On Tuesday, August 30, 2011, it can be easily seen everywhere except Northern Asia and Northern Europe (See visibility curves).
Sighting Reports Eid El Fitr 1432 / 2011
Monday, 29 August 2011
- Not Seen: Engr Manzoor A Mian (MCW member) from Melbourne, VIC reported: Shawal Crescent is not sighted in Australia today Monday 29/8/11.
- Not Seen: Syed Shahid Rashid (MCW member) from Mississauga Ontario reported: Today August 29, 2011, I was not able to sight the moon. The sky was clear but I did not witness any sighting. I also used binoculars. I continued the effort until 8:23 PM. The sunset in my city was at 8:00PM today.
- Seen: Fuad Musa from South Chile reported: Br. Fuad Musa made arrangements with his Sheikh to observe the Hilaal of Eid Ul Fitir 1432 AH on the beach several days before, he reported both himself, the Sheikh and a sister saw the Hilaal on Monday, 29th August, 2011 after sunset from the South of Chile.
- Not Seen, but Eid Declared: Dr. Musa·Minhai (MCW member) from Linxia, Gansu Province reported: I and some Imams of Mosque did not sight the hilal- for Shawwal by the naked eye and binocular on Monday, 29 August 2011 at Linxia city in China. There was not cloud at the horizon. Sky is very very clear. But some peoples declared that they sighted the hilal by the naked at other place in Linxia. So Imams of many Mosques have decided the first day of Shawwal is 30 August 2011 (Tuesday).
- Dominican Republic:
- Not Seen: Ahmad Abdul Haqq (MCW member) from Santo Domingo reported: The hilal for Eid al-Fitr & the 1st of Shawwal was not seen in the Dominican Republic. Three (3) Muslims from EID (Entidad Islámica Dominicana/Dominican Islamic Entity) were out looking. Two in the city of Santo Domingo and one in the city of Higüey. The sky was clear with a slight bit of clouds in the East. The hilal was not seen. We add 30 days to blessed Ramadan, alhamdulillah!
- Not Seen, but Eid declared: Rida Roty (MCW member) from Caen (Normandie) reported: France: Official Announcement Eid el Fitr: Tuesday 30 August. See the link http://www.saphirnews.com/L-Aid-el-Fitr-2011-fixe-au-mardi-30-aout-en-France_a13100.html
- Not Seen: Mohammed Mohsin Khan (MCW member) from Mumbai reported: Today Monday 29 August 2011 / 28 Ramadaan 1432 in India. Here in Mumbai Sunset was at 06:56 pm LT and Moonset was at 06:57 pm LT . So there was only 1 min difference . It was certain that the crescent would not be sighted anywhere in India today . I tried to sight the moon due to the 29th day according to the Ummul Qura calendar but Shawwaal crescent has not been sighted in India.
- Not Seen: AR Sugeng Riyadi (MCW member) from Surakarta, Java reported: On Monday, August 29, 2011, New Crescent of Shawwal 1432 AH was NOT SEEN, from any location in Indonesia. There are two reports from Jepara and Cakung that Hilal of Syawwal was SEEN, but the report was rejected. Religious Affairs Ministry of Indonesia decided that 1 Shawwal 1432 AH will be on Wednesday, August 31, 2011.
- Not Seen: Ahmed Mohamed Barakah (MCW member) from Windhoek reported: Monday 29th August 2011 the moon was not sighted in Windhoek nor anywhere else in Namibia Therefore Eid will be on Wednesday 31st August 2011
- Not Seen: Sheriel Nabie (MCW member) from Amsterdam reported: On Monday, August 29, 2011, New Crescent of Shawwal 1432 AH was NOT SEEN. Therefore Royate Hilal Commitee Netherlands (RHCN) announced that that they will complete 30 days of fasting tomorrow and Eid will be on Wednesday, 31 August 2011 (1 Shawwal 1432 AH) Wassalaam,
- New Zealand:
- Not seen: Sheikh Mohammad Amir, for Hilal Committee of New Zealand reported: On behalf of the Hilal Committee, I wish to inform that the new moon for Shawaal has not been sighted today. Therefore, the Hilal Committee would like to announce that we will complete 30 days of fasting tomorrow and Eid will be observed all over New Zealand on Wednesday, 31st August 2011.
- Not Seen: Muhammed Yasin Qamardeen (MCW member) from Abuja, FCT, Nigeria reported: On Monday, August 29, though the western horizon is partially clear except for the North-western side where the Sun set. As at the time of sunset time 06:41pm LT, the sky look ok but eventually the cloud accumulate on the North-west of Sun Spot eventually cover the south-west of where the “crescent” should be. Likewise from other report across Nigeria from Reliable and experience people it was Negative (No crescent was visible).
- Not Seen: Saleh Bhai Bhattay (MCW member) from Panama City reported: In Panama City the moon was not seen on Monday 8/29/2011.
- Eid declared: Dr. Mansoor Limba (MCW member) from Cotabato City reported: On August 29 ‘Id al-Fitr was declared amidst cloudy weather and occasional rain shower, Cotabato City-based Darul Ifta declared tomorrow (Tuesday/August 30, 2011) as ‘Id al-Fitr.
- South Africa:
- Not Seen (Clouds): Ammar Tahir (MCW member) from Cape Town reported: Today, Monday 29th August 2011, I, Ammar Tahir, together with 3 other Muslim brothers have gone in front of the Mouille Point lighthouse facing the Atlantic Ocean in Cape Town South Africa at Maghrib time. We used a 60X magnification telescope and also a Canon 400 mm lense to locate the Shawaal crescent on the horizon. We observed that the sun fully set at 626pm as per your calculation. However we were not able to sight the new Shawaal Hilaal due to the cloudy conditions on the horizon. We stayed at the location until 1904 pm but the cloudy conditions continued to cover the horizon. The Islamic authority of South Africa has therefore declared that 1st Shawaal to be on Wednesday 31st August 2011.
- Not Seen: Rashid Motala (MCW member) from Durban reported: The United Ulama Council of South Africa have declared Ramadaan 30 days, the Hilaal not having been sighted on August 29 anywhere in the country. Eid-ul-Fitr will be Wednesday.
- Not Seen: Hamza Rijal (MCW member) from Tiny Island of Zanzibar reported: On August 29, in tiny island of Zanzibar we have failed to observed for the month of Shawal as result we complete 30 days for the month of Ramadhan . Eid Fitri will be on Wednesday 31 August 2011.
- Not Seen (but Officially announced): Muhammed Cevad Turan from Istanbul reported: On August 29, Shawwal Crescent is not sighted in Istanbul, Turkey as expected. However Turkish Religious Affairs Office officially declareted that 30th of August is 1st of Shawwal (Eid-fitr) according to calculations. Now it is 21:25 and we still waiting for South America’s reports to declare Eid-fitr.
- Not Seen: Qamar Uddin (MCW member) from York reported: On Monday 29 August 2011 (29 Ramadan 1432 AH) many people from throughout UK have attempted to sight the crescent moon (Hilal) of Shawwal after sunset. The York group of observers included Maulana Hasib Mayet, Maulana Imran Lunat, Vasiullah Bodiyat and Yahya Tai from Batley, plus myself. None of the other groups were able to sight the Hilal, as most places were cloudy. We have not received any verified/confirmed sighting reports from any countries east of UK/Morocco either. There was a slight possibility of sighting in South Africa but the United Ulama Board of South Africa have declared negative sighting. Therefore, the Wifaq/Batley Ulama have decided that the month of Ramadan 1432 AH will complete 30 days and Eid ul Fitr will be on Wednesday 31 August 2011.
- Not Seen: Y. A. Miftahi from Blackburn reported: Muslims in UK will celebrate Eid on Tuesday 30th August 2011. No credible moonsighting reports were received in the UK and therefore news from Saudi Arabia of moon sighting have been accepted by Great Britain’s Central Moonsighting Committee.
- Not Seen: Javad Torabinejad (MCW member) from Blacksburg VA reported: This evening (Monday, August 29, 2011), the crescent moon of Shavvwal was not sighted in Blacksburg, VA. I arrived at my sighting location about 7:30 pm EDT (sunset: 7:55; actual 7:50) and started scanning the expected area for the crescent, using a couple of pairs of binoculars (10X50 and 7X50). I stayed there till 7:55 pm (moonset: 7:59 pm). The western horizon was partly cloudy. At 7:35 pm, the temperature, dew point, relative humidity, and pressure were 73.4 F, 62.6 F, 69%, and 30.03 in, respectively.
- Not Seen: Muzzammil Dadabhoy (MCW member) from Huntington Beach CA reported: On Monday, Aug 29, it was very cloudy, foggy, and much overcast; No visibility whatsoever. I tried between 7:25-8:00 p.m. (Maghrib was 7:22 p.m.) Location of Observation: ‘Top of the World Park’, Laguna Beach, CA 92651.
- Not Seen: Mahfuz Rahman, (MCW member) from Atlanta GA reported: On Monday, Aug 29, 2011, I could not see the moon in Atlanta, GA, USA. I tried to look from 8:00pm to 8:15pm, but could not see the moon. We were four people. There were patches of clouds but the sky was mostly clear.
- Not Seen: Mohammed Yahya Shaikh (MCW member) from Anaheim CA reported: The moon for shawaal was not sighted in Huntington Beach, Manhattan Beach, Playa Del Rey and Rosemead CA on August 29th 2011. The lower horizon where the moon was most likely to be seen was excessively hazy.
- Not Seen: Temoor Shouib from Chicago IL reported: There were no sightings in North America. Tomorrow, Tuesday, August 30th will be Ramadan 30th. Eid-ul-Fitr will be on Wednesday, August 31st.
|Tuesday, 30 August 2011:
OFFICIAL 1st Day of Shawwal in Different Countries
August 30, 2011 (Tuesday):
- Afghanistan (Follow Saudi)
- Austria (Follow Saudi)
- Canada (Muslim Council of Montreal, based on Chile sighting)
- Chile (Local sighting)
- China (Local sighting that we believe erroneous)
- Denmark (Follow Saudi)
- France (Official Announcement)
- Jordan (Follow Saudi)
- Kazakhstan (Follow Saudi)
- Kuwait (Follow Saudi)
- Kyrgyzstan (Follow Saudi)
- Lebanon (Follow Saudi)
- Libya (Calculations)
- Luxembourg (Follow Saudi)
- Malaysia (Calculations)
- Netherlands (Follow Saudi)
- Palestine (Follow Saudi)
- Philippines (Follow Saudi)
- Qatar (Follow Saudi)
- Saudi Arabia (sighting – Official Announcement)
- Sudan (Follow Saudi)
- Sweden (Follow Saudi)
- Syria (Follow Saudi)
- UAE (Follow Saudi)
- Tadjikistan (Follow Saudi)
- Taiwan (Follow Saudi)
- Turkey (Follow Saudi)
- Turkmenistan (Follow Saudi)
- USA (Calculations) [FCNA, ISNA]
- Uzbekistan (Follow Saudi)
- Yemen (Follow Saudi)August 31, 2011 (Wednesday):
- Australia (Local sighting)
- Fiji Islands (Local sighting)
- Indonesia (30 days completion – Official Announcement)
- Namibia (30 days completion)
- Netherlands (30 days completion)
- New Zealand (30 days completion)
- Oman (30 days completion, since not possible on August 29)
- South Africa (30 days completion)
- Tanzania (30 days completion)