The etiquette of the mosque
By: Moulana Muhammad bin Haroon
The illustrious Tabi’ee (student of the Companions); Sa’eed ibnul Musayyab (Allah have mercy on him) said:
“One who is seated in the Masjid, is actually seated in the company of Allah Most High.” (Tafsir Qurtubi, vol.6 pg.560)
The renowned Mufassir (commentator of Quran) Imam Abu ‘Abdillah Al-Qurtubi (Allah have mercy on him) has listed the following etiquettes of the Masjid:
DO’S in Masjid:
1.1 herunterladen. Upon entering the Masjid, one should greet the people with Salam. This only applies when those present are not offering salah, or reciting Quran. If they are occupied in the above, one should not greet them minecraft kostenlos ohne download.
1.2. If there is no one present, one should say:
Assalamu’alaina wa’ala ‘ibadillahis salihin – Peace be upon us and upon Allah’s righteous slaves transport fever 2 kostenlosen deutsch.
- Before being seated, provided it isn’t an offensive (makruh) time, one should offer two rak’ats of Tahiyyatul Masjid (the prayer of greeting the mosque) herunterladen.
The makruh times of salah are:
- a) After Fajr till 15 minutes after sunrise, (Sahih Bukhari, hadith: 586 & Sahih Muslim, vol.1 pg.275)
- b) At mid-day jit.si herunterladen. (Sahih Muslim, vol.1 pg.276)
- c) After ‘Asr till sunset. (Sahih Bukhari, hadith: 586)
- d) During the Friday khutbah (sermon) (Nasbur rayah, vol.2 pgs.201-201)
- One should keep the Masjid free of filth herunterladen. Also, small children and insane people should not be brought to the masjid as they do not understand the sanctity of the masjid and are likely to disturb worshipers whatsapp images iphone.
- One should remain engaged in the dhikr (remembrance) of Allah as much as possible.
DONT’S of the Masjid:
- One should not carry out any business transaction in the Masjid herunterladen. (even by means of the cellphone)
- One should not draw a weapon in the Masjid.
- One should not make an announcement for the search of lost items navi app herunterladen.
- One should not raise his voice (this includes cellphone rings, beepers, pagers etc.).
- One should not discuss worldly affairs (even via a phone call or sms) team herunterladen.
- One should not climb over the shoulders of those already seated in the rows (to get to the front since it disrupts the congregation).
- One should not force his way into a row wherein there isn’t enough space.
- One should not cross in front of someone offering salah.
- One should avoid spitting or blowing his nose in the Masjid.
- One should not crack the fingers (as this is mere idleness that causes disturbance).
- One should not play/fiddle with any part of the body.
After enlisting these 15 etiquettes, ‘Allamah Qurtubi (Allah have mercy on him) writes:
“Whoever abides by these has fulfilled the right of the masjid, and it will be a place of security and protection for him against Shaytan.” (Tafsir Qurtubi, vol.6 pg.560; Darul Hadith, Cairo)
Note: Take notice of the fact that more DON’TS than DO’S are mention regarding the masjid. This is so its sanctity be maintained.
May Allah Most High inspire us all to uphold the respect for his House. Ameen.