Allah, The Most Exalted, says:
“We have not sent thee(Muhammad peace be upon him) Except as a Mercy to the Worlds.” (Qur’an:Surah 21 Aayat 107)
Humanity, both Muslims and Non-Muslims bear testimony to the excellent character of the Noble and Last Messenger of Allah Ta’ala (peace be upon him). It is tragic that every now and then, biased and offensive works against Islam and Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) are circulated in the media. In addition to the recent provocative anti-Prophet film, a satirical French magazine published new cartoons mocking Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him). It is a repeated scenario: the same messages of enmity, hate and antagonism are being recycled again and again.
Any film or publication which vilifies any Prophet of Almighty Allah (pbuh) justifies condemnation. This film not only vilifies the personality who is revered by billions of followers in every part of the world, but it also constitutes a grave misrepresentation.
The offensive film is directed at the following mischief:-
Firstly, it is obviously intended to create the furor and backlash which it has achieved. The evil perpetrators of this heinous conduct i.e. all those associated, in any way whatsoever with the creation and dissemination of such film intended and effectuated the loss of lives and other negative consequences that have since ensued.
Secondly, these evil doers are also driven by the desire to profit as much as possible financially from such unconscionable conduct and in compromise of all and any semblance of decency they have traded their souls for money.
Loving the Messenger of Allah Ta’ala (peace be upon him) and feeling offended when he is insulted is expected from every Muslim and is a fundamental part of our Imaan (belief). However, the way such good feelings are put in action makes a huge difference. A wise response would turn such a challenge into a great opportunity to reach out to people and to raise their awareness about the Messenger of Allah Ta’ala (peace be upon him) and his message.Our response should be wise, tactful and calculated so that it has the greatest impact.
What can we do?
- Turn to Allah Ta’ala by means of Dua (Prayer) and ask Him to protect the honour and dignity of Muhammad (peace be upon him). Indeed all affairs are only in the Control of Allah Ta’ala.
- Appropriate legal and other proceedings be instituted against the perpetrators as no reasonable and civilized society should and would tolerate such heinous and base conduct.
- Extensive public condemnation together with adequate penalties and punishment within the relevant legal framework should be imposed and in this respect both appropriate criminal and civil proceedings should be instituted.
- Increase the recitation of Salaat and Salaam(Durood Shareef/sending blessings) on The Messenger of Allah Ta’ala (peace be upon him).
- Demonstrate to the world the excellent Akhlaaq (Character) of Muhammad (peace be upon him) by inculcating within us the noble sunnah (lifestyle) of The Messenger of Allah Ta’ala (peace be upon him).
- Make it our duty to educate our family, friends and colleagues about the Great Last and Final Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) who has indeed been sent as a Mercy to the Entire Humanity. Also ask our local Islaamic Scholars (Ulama) to educate the public and create awareness.
The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
“None of you has perfect faith until I am more beloved to him than his parents, his children and all the people”. (Hadith- Bukhari, Muslim).
“One who attains the following three things will taste the sweetness of faith: To make Allaah and His Messenger more beloved to himself than anything else; To love a person for no other reason except for the sake of Allaah; And to hate to return to disbelief just as much as he would hate to be thrown into fire.” (Hadith-Bukhaari, Muslim).