Do you want to get to know God? If the answer is yes this course is for you. As a natural step after faith, Islam beckons one to enter in a loving relationship with God Almighty. But one cannot love the One he does not know, hence, getting to know God is a necessary step in one’s journey in religious quest. But how does one get to know a God who is above and beyond space and time. The Qur’an teaches us a way that is far deeper and more profound without the danger of attributing images for God or bringing God to our level.
This particular course has the following content:
• Three sources of Marifatullah.
• Knowing God through the Qur’an and Hadith.
- Getting to know God through the universe.
- Knowing God through His Beautiful Names.
• Human role in understanding God.
• Significance of names; Allah, Rahman and Rahim in Basmala.
• How do beautiful names of God reflect in the universe?
• Difference in knowing God through revelation, reason and spiritual experience.
• How do we understand seemingly opposing names of God?
• Greatest Name (Ismu Aazam) of God.
• How does Islam address the transcendence and imminence problem?
• What do we mean in saying “God is the Greatest”?
THEOLOGY OF QUR’AN SERIES
Advanced Course on the Theology and Creed of Islam
This course is part of the Theology of Qur’an Series which consists of a total of 13 courses on the theology and creed of Islam. Completion of all courses in the series gives you the option and the opportunity to attain a diploma in Islamic theology and creed (aqidah).