A four-week study of the rulings regarding fasting based on the Hanafi and Shafi’ schools of Fiqh. This course provides the essential knowledge that every Muslim is obligated to obtain in order to perform fasting correctly. With clear classification of rulings differentiating between the obligatory and recommended acts as well as the disliked and nullifying ones, the course covers:
• Rulings of fasting; its requirements, conditions, what invalidates and does not invalidate fasting. Recommended, prohibited and disliked actions during fasting.
• Categories of those who are not obligated to fast during Ramadhan
• Rulings of making up of missed fasts.
• Moon sighting; its rulings and importance as a condition for entering and finishing the obligator fasting of Ramadhan and the timing of Hajj.
• Voluntary Fasting
• Rules of I’tikaf (spiritual retreat in the masjid during Ramadan)
NOTE: This course is the 4th module of Certificate 1 of the Foundations Diploma in Islamic Sciences Program which is being open to the public to give those who wish to attend only particular modules of the diploma the opportunity to register and attend those particular classes. You do not have to be part of the Diploma program to undertake this course.
When: 11th July, 2010
Time: Sundays 12.30pm- 3.00pm
Where: Al-Ghazzali Centre Academy,
1021A Canterbury Road (Cnr. Willeroo Street), Lakemba.
Entry via Willeroo Street.
Platinum members attend this course for FREE
Enquiries: Tel: (02) 9708 1539
Registration is essential: See http://alghazzali.org/events/fiqh_of_fasting