- - - - -

Kfc In Melbourne Is Halal

11 replies to this topic

#1 SuMrU

SuMrU
  • Former Member
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:46 PM

KFC in Melbourne - just before the entrance to Endevour Hills Shopping Centre is Helal. They purchase their chickens from baida - poultry company that is halal.

And if you see any baida products at coles or safe way - its halal except for the chicken sausages. Just thought i'll let you know :) if anyone lives around the south eastern suburbs of melbourne :)

take care everyone

#2 souLja

souLja
  • Moderators
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 04:49 PM

is the restaurant certified halal?
Be thirsty heart, seek forever without a rest. Let this soundless longing hidden deep inside you be the source of every word you say- Rumi

#3 islaam_is_a_way_of_life

islaam_is_a_way_of_life

Kareema Umm Mohammed

• Sisters
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:08 PM

Assalamu alaikum

Just be careful sis. Not everything they sell is halal. The KFC in Fawkner is also halal and while I was pregnant I had mad cravings for (what are they called) mashies or whatever. Found out from my sister in law that they are not halal :( Chicken nuggets aren't either, as well as the popcorn chicken. And as far as I know everything else should be OK but it's best to double check with them.

#4 Seeker

Seeker
  • Brothers
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 02:18 PM

Baida is not halal, they mechanically slaughter the chickens.

Fawkner's KFC is not halal, they don't have proper measures in place to cook halal meat and haram meat separately.
I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art. -- Jubran Khalil Jubran

#5 islaam_is_a_way_of_life

islaam_is_a_way_of_life

Kareema Umm Mohammed

• Sisters
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 02:38 PM

Assalamu alaikum

Are you sure Baida isn't halal?

#6 taqwa

taqwa
  • Brothers
  • 719 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 02:41 PM

Baida is not halal, they mechanically slaughter the chickens.

I think there is a difference of opinion on this matter(?)

Fawkner's KFC is not halal, they don't have proper measures in place to cook halal meat and haram meat separately.

View Post

They cook the halal and non-halal meat in different sections, as far as I know.

Edited by taqwa, 15 October 2004 - 02:43 PM.

#7 Seeker

Seeker
  • Brothers
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 03:21 PM

I think there is a difference of opinion on this matter(?)

Well, lately there is. Machine-slaughtered Meat.

They cook the halal and non-halal meat in different sections, as far as I know.

AFAIK they're too close together for comfort, and there are so many things that could go wrong, like mixing utensils, employees not caring or making mistakes, etc. I suppose it's a matter of taqwa, taqwa :P

Anyway no reliable authority has certified them as halal.

Edited by Seeker, 15 October 2004 - 03:25 PM.

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art. -- Jubran Khalil Jubran

#8 SuMrU

SuMrU
  • Former Member
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 04:57 PM

Well i emailed them a few months ago coz i saw a halal butcher selling their products. So i emailed baida and they responded by telling me that all products except for the chicken sausages are halal and their halal certification is issued by Halal Certification Authority Australia.

BTW - my uncle was the one who went to KFC in endevour hills and told them to make the products halal because there are a large majority of muslims who live in that area and they will boost profits etc.

So they dont sell any of the burgers with bacon or ham etc. And use halal chicken.

They dont cook ANY pork products etc like other KFC products.

Thanks guys on your opinions :)

#9 Murphy

Murphy
  • Sisters
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:27 PM

Asalam

Could anyone let me know if there are any halal McDonalds or KFC in Sydney..

Wasalam
Murphy

#10 Guest_Atticus_*

Guest_Atticus_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2004 - 04:38 PM

Yes, there are "halal" maccas abd KFC in Sydney.

Somehow, Islamic way of life has been reduced to some systemised morality where you can have some UN-ELECTED priesthoods going around halal-ising everything that comes their way.

I mean, how Halal are those GM pumped artificially and abnormally massive chickens? Of course, as long as they don’t sale pork, its okay, aye?

At the end of the day, a big no to all plastic food/meat, no matter how many certificates they manage to get.

#11 Bint Halal

Bint Halal

DAM3ET 7OZN

• Former Member
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:41 AM

the same kfc at rockdale is halal we purchase our chicken from biada chickens too, i work there and a store cannot be certifified halal if everything isnt halal like the only thing thats halal at our store is the actual chicken, and strips, filets and all the burgers but frozen foods like popcorn chicken and nuggest and chips arnt halal but we are gonna outsource our chips also to make them halal inshallah

biada chickens is halal read there site , and if u find how and prove there not halal sue them :lol:

Halal biada chickens

Edited by IslamiC_PrinceSS, 19 October 2004 - 09:44 AM.

Don't tell people not to tell you certain things, because they'll tell you exactly what you told them not to tell you!

Always Guilty before the sin, I can't win!

Khaybar, Khaybar yaa yahood, jayshu Muhammad sawfa ya’ood

#12 deen of justice 2

deen of justice 2

abc

• Members
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:33 PM

the KFC in Fawkner is halal aswell and subway in camperfield
“Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”
Dale Carnegie

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users