• Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Claim by roobarb:

http://muslimvillage...toons/?p=956608

"Can you deny that Jews do seem to have a sacrosanct stance from criticism?"

Another claim by roobarb:

http://muslimvillage...toons/?p=956634

"Then you and I must be watching/reading vastly different media sources. I have seen countless times criticism of Israel (and by extension Jews) gets instantly dismissed as being anti-Semitic, especially if that source is Muslim of origin. You certainly don't see main stream media giving the same "courtesy" to Muslims."

OK, its time to put this to the test.

I will post examples from main stream media sources (ie tv stations, newspapers) of criticisms of jews.

Roobarb, you do the same, but with examples from main stream media sources that you think vilify muslims.

Then we can determine who gets the worse deal ie is the vilification of jews in main stream media sources worse than that of muslims, or the other way round?  That is, does the main stream media, as you say, give the same "courtesy" to Muslims or not?

I'll start.  This was broadcast on Al-Rahma TV in Egypt, 6 March 2012.

Video here:

http://www.memritv.o...lip/en/3359.htm

Text:

Egyptian cleric Gharib Ramadhan: There are very many traits that characterize the Jews, and the Koran focused on a few of them, such as the violation of commitments, from which we suffer to this day. Not just us in Egypt – the entire world suffers from this.

Another trait is their hard-heartedness, God forbid. If you want to know what true hard-heartedness means, go to the Jews. You will find a lot of it there.

[…]

They were deported from England by King Edward, and from France by King Philip. They were deported from Hungary, from Belgium, from Czechoslovakia, from Austria – I won't start with the dates – from Holland, from the Kingdom of Naples, from Russia… Wherever they go they get deported and then they return. For example, they went back to France and to Hungary, and were deported again. If they are good people, how come people get rid of them?

Allah punished them by transforming them into apes and pigs, and by prohibiting them from eating several edible things. He forbade them to eat anything with claws – animals and birds that do not have cloven hooves, like camels, geese, ducks… They are prohibited from eating ducks. If Sheik Amin were here, he could have told us how greatly they were punished.

Moderator: May Allah reward you, Dr. Gharib.

Egyptian cleric Shihab Al-Din Abu Zahu: I would like to comment on…

Moderator: Make it quick, we have a break.

Shihab Al-Din Abu Zahu: He said that they were deported from wherever they went. US President Benjamin Franklin… It is the US that sponsors them today, but if the Americans had acted upon Franklin's legacy, they would have saved America. May Allah make them fall along with the Jews.

US President Benjamin Franklin said: "A great danger threatens the United States of America. That danger is the Jewish danger. In whichever land the Jews have settled, they have corrupted the morals, and lowered the level of commercial honesty. They always isolate themselves and never mix with others. For more than 1,700 years, they have been lamenting their fate, because they were expelled from the lands of their forefathers.

If Palestine were given back to them, not all of them would go there, because they are parasites and cannot live at the expense of their own kind. They must live among the Christians or others not of their race.

If these Jews are not expelled from the United States by the Constitution, within a century, they will be streaming into the US in such large numbers that will enable them to rule and destroy our people. They will change the form of government for which we shed our blood, and for which we have sacrificed our lives, our property, and our personal freedom. Within less than a century, our grandchildren will have to work in the fields in order to feed the Jews, while the Jews control the financial institutions. If the American people do not deport the Jews once and for all, their children and grandchildren will curse them in their graves.

The values of the Jews are not the same of those of the Americans, and will not be the same even if the Jews live among us for ten generations. A leopard cannot change its spots. The Jews will pose a danger to America, if they are allowed freely in. They will destroy US institutions, and the Americans must deport by the Constitution." These are the words of US President Franklin.

[…]

Egyptian cleric Abd Al-Rahman Al-Sawi: In the Koran, Allah called the Jews "donkeys." Donkeys. They are donkeys. What can you do with a donkey? Allah said: "Those who were charged with the Torah, but failed [in this obligation], are similar to a donkey carrying books." These are the Jews, right? They failed in the obligation to carry the Torah.

We are not talking about the Jews of the days of Moses. They repented. They were tormented until they believed in Moses. We don't mean those Jews. We mean the Jews of today. They are like donkeys carrying books. There is a very symbolic story that really moved me.

A man was sitting in his home, when all of a sudden, in walked a donkey. What was he supposed to do with this donkey? He began screaming: "Donkey, get out! Get out!" But the donkey wouldn't leave. "Don't you understand? Get out," he said, but the donkey wouldn't budge. What was he to do? He grabbed a microphone, and screamed: "People, I have a donkey in my home, and he must leave." But the donkey would not move. He brought all the neighbors, and they all began shouting: "We denounced the donkey for entering your home." But the donkey wouldn't leave.

The man said to the donkey: "The apartment has three bedrooms, a bathroom, and a living room. Take one room, and leave the rest to us." The donkey twitched its ear, but wouldn't leave. The man said: "Donkey, take two rooms," but the donkey wouldn't leave. "Take the room, and we will live in the bathroom." To no avail. Finally, the people began to scream: "The donkey won't leave!"

A little boy heard them, walked in with a small stick, and began beating the donkey until it got out. Beat a donkey, and it will immediately jump. That's what you do with donkeys.

[…]

[The Jews] support all the means of corruption. They support whorehouses. They support satellite dishes in order to air whatever they like. Birth control pills and devices are supported by the Jews. Dr. Shihab quoted President Franklin, who was US president 40-50 years ago. He said that they spread corruption even among the Americans. That is why they were deported from everywhere.

[…]
Egyptian cleric 'Alaa Said: The [Jews] are treacherous. Allah, who created them, told us so. We must be resolute and fill hearts with hatred and loathing. By Allah, the hatred and loathing of Jews is a form of worship. When we make our children loathe the Jews, it is a form of worship of Allah. These are people hated and loathed by Allah.

[…]

Abd Al-Rahman Al-Sawi: I want our children to be raised on this notion. When I give a child a toy, I give him a gun, not a football. Enough with the football. I give him a gun and tell him: Shoot, but don't shoot your brother. Shoot the Jews.

#2 Kostas

Kostas

Agnostic Greek Australian

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

I think you are distorting the substance of what roobarb was trying to get across.
I believe he was speaking of our media, the media he or we are exposed to daily. ie OUR media.
I've never even heard of "Al-Rahma TV".
I put it to you that you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in Australia to consider that "Main Stream"

Further MEMRI is not a credible translator, for those that have taken any time to look into their works.
Not because it was founded by Jews, but because they are blatant propagandists.
For example the fabricated Ahmadinejad "wipe Israel off the map" is their little baby. Surely you know that. But what do expect from a former Israeli Military intelligence colonel. Dis-information is his forte.

Why don't you make your task challenge easier on us and just ask us to compare stories within media sources among the Anglophone nations. Or will that make it too easy for us to disprove your claim of fair and balanced MSM?
As an Australian of Greek lineage, with who knows... perhaps some Turkish that nobody in my clan has spoken of [wink].. I wish to examine all, and as a lover of free speech (short of inciting harm to others) I expect the right to critique all as freely as anyone.
Just like Socrates.. but keep your hemlock.
My opinions are my own and not necessarily endorsed by anyone.

ps
Any barcode beginning with 729.... is not a perfect way of telling when a product is from Israel, but it is a good rule of thumb.

#3 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:28 AM

Ah, Kostas, you are so very predictable.  You know, there is a world out there outside of your white-anglo-western-centric experience, your "agnostic greek aussie" world experience.  Its called the rest of the world - whether you term it the East, the Muslim world or whatever.  It exists, it is real, it has people and media, and people who watch the products of that media and are influenced by it.

Aside: running the whole translation issue again?  So in the above, is "Shoot the Jews" actually "Love the Jews"? Is "Allah punished them by transforming them into apes and pigs" actually "Allah rewarded them by transforming them into blondes with blue eyes"? Is "Another trait their hard heartedness" actually "Another trait is their soft and warm loving feelings towards mumsies and wumsies"?

Roobarb claims that "Jews do seem to have a sacrosanct stance from criticism" which is a load of rubbish in my view.  So in this thread I will post examples to refute that.  But as the thread description states, this thread is to catalogue examples of jew hatred and muslim hatred from main stream media sources.

So Kostas and Roobarb: provide examples.

Meanwhile, here is an example of a kids TV show advocating genocide towards a certain people of this world.  Can you guess who it is?  According to Roobarb, it couldn't possibly be the Jews have they have a sacrosanct stance from criticism...

Hamas children's TV program again calls for the "slaughter of Jews"

#4 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

How about Saudi Arabia tv?  Well, according to roobarb, the jooos are sacrosanct in media....

So it is just weird and funny and strange and amazing that the good ol' blood libel against the juice gets broadcast on Saudi tv.

http://www.memritv.o...lip/en/3536.htm

Saudi Cleric Salman Al-Odeh: Jews Use Human Blood for Passover Matzos  

Following are excerpts from an interview with Saudi cleric Salman Al-Odeh, which aired on Rotana Khalijiya TV on August 13, 2012.

Salman Al-Odeh: The Holocaust has an historical basis. Many stories about it are documented and well-founded. The problem lies, first of all, in the exaggeration of the Holocaust. It has been turned into a myth of tremendous proportions.

Interviewer: A sacred myth...

Salman Al-Odeh: That's the other thing. The Holocaust has been made sacred. Talking about it, refuting it, or denying it is sometimes a legal offense for which one can be placed on trial. It has become, in effect, a sacred historical event...

The late French philosopher Roger Garaudy, who wrote The Founding Myths of Zionism (sic) and some other books, faced trial because of this. Several non-Muslim historians also faced trial.

In the US, a law was enacted in the days of former President Bush Jr., requiring the US to monitor all activities worldwide regarding the Holocaust, and to report [to Congress] on the measures taken against so-called "anti-Semitic" activity or Holocaust denial.

[...]

The third and most important point is that the Holocaust has become a source for extortion. Through this Holocaust, the Jews began to extort many government worldwide – in Europe and in the US. The Jews even began to perpetrate the same thing themselves against the Palestinian people, carrying out a Holocaust in Gaza and the occupied land. They attack children, women, and the elderly under the pretext of the Holocaust that they are trying to substantiate.

[...]

The role of the Jews is to wreak destruction, to wage war, and to practice deception and extortion.

[...]

For thousands of years, the Jews were subject to persecution, deportation, killings, and accusations. Maybe much of this stemmed from their moral values, their treacherous nature, their schemes, and the ploys, which made other nations be wary of them.

[...]

The Jews believe that they have the right to kill anyone who does not adhere to their religion. This is written in the Talmud and some of their holy books.

It is well-known that the Jews celebrate several holidays, one of which is the Passover, or the Matzos Holiday. I read once about a doctor who was working in a laboratory. This doctor lived with a Jewish family. One day, they said to him: "We want blood. Get us some human blood." He was confused. He didn't know what this was all about. Of course, he couldn't betray his work ethics in such a way, but he began inquiring, and he found that they were making matzos with human blood.

They eat it, believing that this brings them close to their false god, Yahweh. This caused a scandal. The same thing would happen in Damascus. As you may know, Naguib Al-Kilani wrote a book titled Blood for the Matzos of Zion. This is the best story he ever wrote. It discusses what would go on in the Jewish neighborhood of Damascus or elsewhere. They would lure a child in order to sacrifice him in the religious rite that they perform during that holiday.

[...]

#5 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

Here's another example showing the denigration of joos in the media.

Though according to roobarb the juice have a "sacrosanct stance from criticism".

Golly gosh, doesn't seem to be working too well, eh roobarb?

From Iran:

http://www.memritv.o...lip/en/1802.htm

"The Secret of Armageddon" - An Iranian TV "Documentary" Claims That "a Jewish Plan for the Genocide of Humanity," Includes a Conspiracy for the Takeover of Iran by Local Jewish and Bahai Communities  

Following are excerpts from "The Secret of Armageddon," an Iranian TV documentary, which aired on IRINN (the Iranian news channel) in May and June 2008:

IRINN, May 10, 2008

Iranian scholar Dr. Ismail Shafe'i Sarustani: Armageddon, which means "The Mountain of the Noblemen," is originally a Hebrew word. It is a real geographical region, situated south of Haifa in occupied Palestine. The place was shelled by Hizbullah, during the 33-day [July 2006] war against the occupying regime.

[...]

Iranian historian Mohammad-Taqi Taqipour: These [Evangelical Christians], along with the Jews, believe that the War of the End of Days will take place in the desert of Megiddo, in Palestine. They believe that Jesus will return, and that then, there will be a millennium of happiness, and that the Jews, under the leadership of Jesus, will rule the world for a thousand years.

[...]

Iranian university lecturer Ali-Reza Karimi: The beliefs of these fundamentalist Evangelical Christians, and their support of the Zionists and Zionism, are based on world domination, with Israel at its center. This will be achieved by means of age-old Zionist methods, which appear in the well-known treatise The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. This is why this group of Protestants is referred to as "Christian Zionists" in contemporary political discourse. Along with the Zionist Jews, and out of a desire to conquer the world, they incite war of devastation, examples of which we see all around us.

[...]

The Zionist Jews believe that the divine promise was given to them, and that their rule will not be restricted to the land between the Nile and the Euphrates. They believe that God gave them the entire world. They base this belief on the false stories that they themselves invented and keep telling.

[...]

Narrator: The economic and political power of the Jewish oligarchy and nobility has played an important role in the history of Iran and the world, wreaking havoc – to the point that the ancient Jewish editors of the Book of Jeremiah wrote in it that Jehovah, the god of the Israelites, is the god of all of humanity.

IRINN, May 11, 2008

Iranian university lecturer Ali-Reza Karimi: What is known worldwide today as The Protocols of the Elders of Zion contains the plans and policies of the elders of this sect to conquer the world and establish a global Jewish government, which were discussed at the 1897 [Zionist] Congress in Basel, Switzerland.

Narrator: These plans, which exposed the views and designs of the Zionists, were edited and collected into 24 protocols. They deal with political, educational, social, economic, and legal strategies, which they planned to use after the destruction of the culture, civilization, and religions of other nations. These strategies will be carried out using dishonorable means and conspiracies, leading to the establishment of a global Jewish kingdom.

[...]

Iranian researcher Shams Al-Din Rahmani: The goal of the Zionists is the total destruction of Islam. They know that this destruction will not be achieved easily, and therefore, they are trying to Americanize the religion of Islam.

[...]

Iranian researcher Sayyid Hashem Mir-Louhi: Over a century ago, the Russians attacked a [Jewish] gathering, and got hold of this book. Later, the book was published in various languages, and recently in Farsi as well. Some of those Jew-boys deny it, and say it is not theirs. But when you look into the modus operandi of those Jew-boys, when you examine it carefully, you realize that they try to operate in the same way that was outlined in their protocols.

[...]

The Zionist Jew-boys talk about a "Greater Israel" – from the Euphrates to the Nile – but their actual goal is world domination.

[...]

In their third protocol, they say: "This term" – they are referring to the term "liberty" – "turns the masses into bloodthirsty creatures. When the bellies of these bloodthirsty creatures are satiated with blood, they will go into a deep slumber and will become unconscious of anything. In this condition, it will be easy to shackle them."

IRINN, May 12, 2008

Iranian university lecturer Ali-Reza Karimi: The Rothschilds were members of a certain society, which spread its network throughout the world for hundreds of years, and acted as a secret political organization.

[...]

By hoarding the wealth plundered by the Europeans in their colonialist attacks, this international network became an unrivaled economic force, and situated itself in the center of the global nobility.

[...]

According to historical documents, it was the Rothschilds who instilled the idea of Palestine as the Promised Land in the minds of the wealthy and enlightened Jews, and insisted on making it happen. At the time, most of the Jews did not have a specific country in mind, and some even considered America or South Africa to be the Promised Land. It was due to the economic and political power of the Rothschilds that this plot was realized.

[...]

The British government, which was controlled by the Zionist empire, led by the Rothschild family, committed itself to the realization of the Zionist aspiration.

[...]

IRINN, May 23, 2008

Narrator: If we take another look at modern history, we realize that with the Balfour Declaration from November 2, 1917, England officially began to serve the World Zionist Organization's policies. Thus, the implementation of some of the main clauses of The Protocols of the Elders of Zion became the agenda of some British politicians, who were connected to the Zionist societies.

[...]

Iranian researcher Shams Al-Din Rahmani: Oliver Cromwell, the dictatorial prime minister of England, placed England entirely at the service of the Jews in the 17th century. This [policy] became so deeply engrained that by the early 18th century, the Jews had a colonialist empire, which reached as far an India. They launched the slave trade, which is a Jewish trade par excellence. Most of the slaves back then were black Muslims from Africa. This was part of their evil plan to eradicate Islam in Africa. This plan was guided entirely by the Jews.

[...]

IRINN, May 14, 2008

Iranian historian Mohammad-Taqi Taqipour: Iran, which is a country with a rich history, and a special cultural status and geographical location, like Turkey, has become a target for the plans of those Jewish societies in all of Europe – especially England – and in America.

[...]

Iranian historian and political expert Dr. Sayyid Hamid Rouhani: Interestingly, in 1924, Saudi Arabia fell to he hands of the Wahhabi nomads, who were connected to Britain. [The Wahhabis] formed a religion to counter Islam, and dealt great blows to it. To this day, the damage caused by this group is evident.

[...]

Iranian University Lecturer Ali-Reza Karimi: The Persian nobility and the wealthy Jews were involved in the 1921 coup, and in the establishment of the Pahlavi kingdom in Iran.

[...]

Iranian historian and political expert Dr. Sayyid Hamid Rouhani: As a first step, they decided that they would have their own ruler in Iran. They wanted Iran to be ruled by somebody who would implement and promote their anti-Islamic conspiracy, so that later, they would be able to bring the filthy Bahai party to power, just like the Wahhabis, who came to power in Saudi Arabia.

[...]

IRINN, May 18, 2008

Narrator: [Former Iranian PM] Sayyid Ziya Al-Din Tabtabai maintained secret ties with global Zionist imperialism. When he left office, in 1921, he went to Palestine, in order to carry out yet another mission of global Zionism. His mission was to purchase lands from Muslim Arabs in Palestine at a low price, and to give them to Jewish immigrants, in order to establish the state of Israel. Since the Muslim Palestinians were not prepared to sell their lands to Jewish immigrants, Sayyid Ziya Al-Din Tabtabai, in the guise of a Muslim, would buy these lands and pass them on to the Jewish immigrants.

[...]

IRINN, May 19, 2008

Iranian historian Mohammad-Taqi Taqipour: As soon as news about the Balfour Declaration reached the leaders of the Iranian Jews, they held conferences and established the Iranian Zionist Organization, also known as the Central Committee of the Zionist Organizations in Iran.

[...]

The Zionists and their organizations in Iran devised a plan, which was signed in 1931 by Rabbi Azizullah Naim, chairman of the Iranian Zionist Organization. This plan included eight clauses. In brief, according to this plan, Reza Shah's regime must permit Jews from all over the world to enter Iran and settle wherever they wish, in accordance with the plan that they themselves devised. In addition, these Jewish immigrants would be granted liberties by law, and no one could deny them these liberties. There would be equality between Jews and non-Jews in Iran – most of whom are Muslims. Fertile lands throughout Iran would be allocated to these Jewish immigrants free of charge. After two years, they would be granted citizenship, and a visa from the government also free of charge.

Iranian University Lecturer Ali-Reza Karimi: They planned to take over large parts of Iran, and to establish concealed camps, which would be populated by Jews from around the world, and especially Europe. This way, they wanted to gradually take over Iran, like they did in Palestine.

[...]

Narrator: Is it possible that according to the schemes of the global Zionist empire, Iran was meant to become another Israel, like in the case of Palestine?

[...]

IRINN, May 20, 2008

Iranian researcher Shams Al-Din Rahmani: The sole reason the Reza Shah and the Pahlavi dynasty were brought to power was to enable the Jews and the Freemasons to take control of Iran. Reza Shah was brought to power during World War I, and was deposed during World War II. Movies, TV series, and so on about that period demonstrate how deeply Israel, the Jews, and the Freemasons managed to penetrate Iran.

[...]

IRINN, May 21, 2008

Abbas Salimi Namin, head of an Iranian history research center: In the days of Reza Shah, the Zionists succeeded in destroying our entire heritage, which could have been a source of pride for our nation – our architecture, our [traditional] clothing, and anything you could imagine as a source of pride for our nation.

[...]

IRINN, May 24, 2008

Narrator: In the early days of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi's regime, the Zionist organizations grew so much that the Jews began to immigrate to Palestine via Iran. Many of these Jewish immigrants, supposedly on their way to Palestine, stayed in Iran in order to consolidate the plan to turn Iran into a second Israel. This is why many Jewish children who immigrated from Europe to Iran came to be known as "the Tehran Children." Following these events, the Jewish Agency started its activity in Iran. Under the guise of transferring Jewish immigrants to Palestine, it began its operations in Iran. The rise of Jewish and Zionist organizations and associations enabled the Jewish leaders and tycoons to penetrate the realms of politics, society, intelligence, and most importantly, the economy, and to maintain a significant presence and influenced there.

[...]

Reports of the SAVAK intelligence agency about the financial and economic situation of the Jews in the days of the Phalavi dynasty stated: "Most of Iran's tycoons are Jews. If the Jewish tycoons were to withdraw their money from the Bank of Commerce and the other [Iranian] banks, the Iranian government would find itself in a serious crisis."

[...]

Iranian historian and political expert Dr. Sayyid Hamid Rouhani: Back then, Ayatollah Kashani said about the danger of the Bahais: "Oh people, you are oblivious to what is going. I wish you could read the telegrams I get from people in other towns. Look at the problems these Bahais cause the Muslims there. If they grow any stronger, they will annihilate all the Muslims, because the English plan is to oppose Islam. This way they want to destroy Islam." Ayatollah Kashani sounded this warning bell in an effort to inform the nations of the dangers of the Zionists, and their agents – the Bahais.

[...]

IRINN, May 28, 2008

Iranian university lecturer Ali-Reza Karimi: Historical documents point to a connection between the leaders of the Bahai sect and the Rothschild family, who financed and led the World Zionist Organization.

[...]

The Bahai way of thinking is very similar to that of the Zionist Jews. Just like the Zionists considered Palestine to be their promised land, the Bahais talked about Iran as the promised land. Out of their desire to take over the land and to destroy Islam and the Shia in Iran, they had many dreams and wrote many history books, but with the grace of Allah, none of those dreams have come true.

[...]

Narrator: A shocking SAVAK document, dated April 22, 1971, is just one example of the anti-Islamic and anti-Iranian conspiracies of this Zionist [Bahai] cult. This document quotes one of their leaders in Iran as saying: "We have received explicit instructions from America and London to spread [Western] fashion and immodesty in this country, so Muslim [women] will remove their veil. We will bring suffering upon the Muslims in Iran and other Muslim countries by means of fashion and advertisements, so they will no longer be able to claim that that imam Hussein was the conqueror of the world, and that Ali ruled the world. Weapons and ammunition are manufactured in Israel by our youth. Ultimately, these Muslims will be destroyed by the Bahais, and the world of Bahaullah will flourish."

[...]

IRINN, May 31, 2008

Former Iranian TV correspondent Mahdi Sabonchian: Back then, I used to go to the airport to get information and take pictures. There was continuous contact [between Iranian Jews and Israelis]. Even then, [Iranian Jews] would immigrate to Israel. I would see El Al and Air France airplanes landing. I used to stand near the planes, take pictures, and prepare my reports. The Jews traveling to Israel would carry hens with them. I saw them carrying cages with two hens each. Some Jews from Rasht were about to travel to Israel, and I asked them why they were taking hens with them. They said: "We were told to bring hens with us."

[...]

By taking all these hens, they have become so advanced that they export eggs to the entire world, both for consumption and for incubation.

[...]

IRINN, June 5, 2008

Narrator: For many years, Hollywood constituted another aspect of the cultural war. The film industry in the early 20th century was shaped by Jewish immigrants, most of whom belonged to Zionist organizations.

[...]

Iranian researcher Sayyid Hashem Mir-Louhi: Moral corruption will spread wherever these Jew-boys tread. In other words, every Jew-boy believes it is his personal duty to destroy the moral values of other nations, in order to control people's minds and souls. This menacing problem has penetrated American theater and cinema, and is clearly evident.

[...]

Once again, their first protocol reads: "Addiction to alcohol and excess drinking of intoxicating beverages became the problem of non-Jews when liberties are granted."

[...]

Narrator: Thus, a new front against the Islamic revolution is opened. Global imperialism invests billion of dollars and uses a broad distribution network to flood Iran with videos, CDs, and DVDs of the latest vulgar, destructive, Western films with Farsi subtitles. These films are sold cheap to the youth in dark alleys, as well as in broad daylight, in public places. The films spread vulgarity, and feed the youth with the forged Zionist way of thinking, so that in future attacks, they will remain defenseless.

[...]

IRINN, June 7, 2008

Iranian researcher Sayyid Hashem Mir-Louhi: There is a genocidal Zionist Jewish plan for the genocide of humanity at the hand of the Zionist Jew-boys. Even though the Jew-boys sometimes talk about a "Greater Israel," their real goal is world domination.

[...]

Narrator: Today, there are many indications that the "hidden hands" of world Zionism were involved in the 9/11 terrorist attack. According to a large group of Western intellectuals, the Zionists are the real rulers of the United States. According to irrefutable documents published by independent American media outlets, the Zionists used intelligence agents and spies, with the full cooperation of agencies with the country, to carry out this terrorist operation in full view of the world, in order to prepare the ground for taking over Afghanistan and Iraq, and to realize the dream of a greater Israel.

#6 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

Let's see.  The examples I have given above are from Egypt, Gaza, Saudi Arabia and Iran.

How about nice, cuddly, moderate, western Jordan?  According to roobarb the juice would surely have a "sacrosanct stance from criticism".

Well, you would be wrong. Very, very, wrong.

Even in soap operas.

http://www.memritv.o...ript/en/685.htm

Jews Distort Torah and Admit, "We Live off Prophets' Blood" in Jordanian-Produced Soap Opera  

The following are excerpts from the Jordanian-produced soap opera "Stories from before the Verses Came Down", which aired on Iqra TV during February 2005.

Ka'b: Huyay, and you too Shas, do as much as you can to (alter) the Torah. Change the characteristics of the awaited Prophet, and make him as different as possible from Arab traits.

Shas: Maybe we should say… We'll say that he… What shall we say, Huyay?

Huyay: We will say that he has blue eyes.

Shas: Yes, that's it. A tall man.

Ibn Salul: By God! You Jews altered the Torah in a matter of seconds.

Shas: Ibn Salul, if you want to keep your throne, take it easy. Cooperate with us, and don't bother your mind with such things.

Ibn Salul: Yes, he's indeed a tall man.

Ka'b: By God, Rachel, I can't say I'm surprised by this Muhammad. I'm surprised by us.

Rachel: Don't you believe he's a prophet?

Ka'b: He is indeed, Rachel. A prophet. A prophet, a prophet! But I envy him. I envy him. You know what jealousy does, Rachel. It is a fire that consumes the body.

Huyay: He is a prophet. A prophet! We all know that. But who among us can stop the Jewish torrent of hatred towards him? You Kinana! Can you refrain from hating Muhammad, the illiterate Arab?

Kinana: No one denies this, uncle. Hating prophets and setting traps for them is one of our traits – we, the Israelites.

Huyay: No one should complain to us about this! We are the slayers of prophets, and we live off their blood! We live for destroying them! Once they are dead, we finish off their followers.

Kinana: Don't stop him. Don't stop him, auntie. Let this Jewish volcano erupt, exposing their true view of the prophets and their followers.

Ka'b: Our war with Muhammad and his following is a long one. A very long war, Rachel. It will outlive both us and them. We will have no peace with them until Judgment Day.

Rachel: This is a hopeless war. By the God of Moses and Aaron, this war is a hopeless one.

Ka'b: We must destroy everything they have – their honor, their moral values, their faith! We must destroy it all.

Rachel: By God, K'ab, all we are doing is to burn ourselves in the flames of our own hatred.

Ka'b:Rachel, while you are burning in the flames of your own hatred, you must also burn those who kindled the flames of hatred and rage within you.

#7 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:38 AM

No way, it can't be true.  After all, orange juice has a sacrosanct stance from criticism.

Nope.

This time from Lebanon.  Blood libel is becoming so passe, roobarb.

http://www.memritv.org/#player

Lebanese Poet Marwan Chamoun: Jews Slaughtered Christian Priest in Damascus in 1840 and Used His Blood for Matzos  

Following are excerpts from an interview with Lebanese poet Marwan Chamoun, which aired on TeleLiban TV on January 30, 2007.

Marwan Chamoun: How many or us Lebanese, or even Arabs, know anything about the Talmud? Or about the book, Exposing the Talmud? Or about the book, Pawns on the Chessboard? Or about another book, The Secret World Government? Or about Exposing the Talmud? Or about Blood for the Matzah of Zion, [which deals with] the slaughter of the priest Tomaso de Camangiano, who was a Sicilian with French citizenship, in the days of Muhammad Ali Pasha, in 1840...

[...]

[Former Syrian] Minister Mustafa Tlass wrote a voluminous book about this, in which he included all the documents written by the French diplomats and consul in Lebanon.

[...]

The world loves the Jews. The "ruler" is "Christianity - the Christian West. Arabs, Muslims – why don't you take advantage of something like this? A priest was slaughtered in the presence of two rabbis in the heart of Damascus, in the home of a close friend of this priest, Daud Al-Harari, the head of the Jewish community of Damascus. After he was slaughtered, his blood was collected, and the two rabbis took it. Why? So they could worship their god, because by drinking human blood, they can get closer to God. Where are our diplomats and politicians? Why don't we profit from these historical matters, which are presented to us on a simple, eternal, golden platter?

As I've said, these books can be found on the streets of Beirut. There are approximately 20 to 30 such books. I must have bought about 2,000 copies since they were published, maybe more. I'd like to say 20,000 copies, but I don't know. When somebody gets married, instead of chocolates, I give him one of these books. Whoever reads this for the first time feels a chill of horror and disbelief. He cannot believe it.

#8 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:10 AM

Say it isn't true, roobarb!

Oh right, you already did.

Pity you are wrong.  More non-sacrosanct non-criticism of non-jews in non-main stream non--media.

Iran again.

Focus words: jews, jews, jews, jews this, jews that, jews the other, jews are the cause of my shoelace knot, jews *ouch* caused my hiccups, HEY there is a jew at my window!

http://www.memritv.o...ript/en/972.htm

Political Analysts on Iranian TV: The Jews Killed Children and Used Their Blood for Passover  

Following are excerpts from a TV disscussion with Iranian political analysts Dr. Hasan Hanizadeh and Dr. Ali-Reza Akbari, which aired on Jaam-e Jam 2 TV on December 20, 2005.

Ali-Reza Akbari: Historians and eye-witnesses, some of whom are still alive... There are still many people who saw with their own eyes what happened 70-80 years ago. These people are alive and are of sound mind. They still possess the analytical abilities they ha

d back then. They are our witnesses, and they deny the existence of crematoria at a place called Auschwitz.

Perhaps the reason... In my opinion, the people who say that the phenomenon of burning Jews on German soil during the World War II crisis is similar to a holocaust do so as a result of propaganda and due to psychological reasons.

In any event, a case of burning people has been registered in history, when many human beings were burnt because of their beliefs. The people who were burnt then were, in fact, Christians. They were burnt by the people who ruled Yemen, who were Jews. This event took place 400 years before the advent of Islam in the Arabian Peninsula. Since then, the burning of human beings has been termed "holocaust."

[...]

Host: Were there six million Jews at all at that time, who could have been annihilated in the crematoria?

Hasan Hanizadeh: First of all, this figure is greatly exaggerated. The number of Jews in the world does not exceed 12 million. Only now, 57 years later, has it reached this figure. Clearly, at that time, considering the dispersion of the Jews, there could not have been six million Jews in Europe alone. In any event, the Zionist lobby and the Jewish Agency use this issue as a club with which they beat and extort the West.

Unfortunately, the West has forgotten two horrendous incidents, carried out by the Jews in 19th-century Europe - in Paris and London, to be precise. In 1883, about 150 French children were murdered in a horrible way in the suburbs of Paris, before the Jewish Passover holiday. Later research showed that the Jews had killed them and taken their blood. This event caused riots in Paris back then, and the French government found itself under pressure.

A similar incident took place in London, when many English children were killed by Jewish rabbis. These two incidents still haunt the minds and souls of the Europeans, but due to the growing influence of the Zionist lobby in Europe - or to be precise, the influence of the Jews - these two incidents are, unfortunately, never mentioned.

#9 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

Sour juice, just tastes so awful eh roobarb?

Or maybe it doesn't.

Palestinian TV, with some really nice visual stereotypes.

http://www.memritv.o...lip/en/2073.htm

Jews Portrayed as Blood Drinkers in an Antisemitic Drama Aired on Hamas TV  

Following are excerpts from a drama show presented at the Gaza Islamic University, during a festival commemorating Hamas founder Ahmad Yassin. The show aired on Al-Aqsa TV on April 3, 2009.

Jewish father: We Jews hate the Muslims. We love killing Muslims. We Jews love drinking the blood of Muslims and the blood of Arabs. Are you Arabs? Are you Muslims? I hate you. Yes, I hate you. I hate you in order to please God. In order to please God… In order to please God…

Shimon, his son: Dad, I don’t know how God could possibly be pleased with you when you stink so much. You haven’t taken a shower for two years, yet you talk about pleasing God.

Father: In order to please God…

Shimon, my son, I’d like to teach you something. You must hate the Muslims.

Shimon: Of course I hate them.

Father: You must drink from the blood of Muslims.

Shimon: But mix it with soda water.

Father: I talked to the rabbi, [who told me] you should hate the Muslims, so God will be pleased with you.

Shimon: Don’t worry, dad.

Father: Very well, my son. I also want to remind you that you must hate the Muslims.

Shimon: I do hate the Muslims!

Father: You must drink from the blood of Muslims.

Shimon: Okay, but just one cup, because I’m full.

Father: Very well, my son. God will be pleased with you. Come, my son, I want you to pray. Stand next to me and pray.

[…]

I’m telling you to stand next to me and pray.

Shimon: I’ll be back in a minute.

Father: Where are you going, son?

Shimon: To perform the ablution.

Father: What?!

Shimon: I’m going to perform the ablution. Didn’t you want to pray?

Father: Ablution is for Muslims. We don’t do it.

Shimon: They perform the ablution with water.

Father: We should wash our hands with the blood of Muslims.

#10 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

This thread is starting to look a little, er, lopsided eh roobarb?

Back to Egypt, and even kids can take part in spouting jew killing rhetoric on the telly.

http://www.memritv.o...lip/en/3271.htm

Egyptian Child Preacher Muhammad Osama Recounts Antisemitic Hadith: Jews Hide Behind the Gharqad Tree When Muslims Come to Kill Them on Judgment Day  

Following are excerpts from a sermon delivered by Egyptian child preacher Muhammad Osama, which aired on Al-Rahma TV on January 14, 2012. 

Muhammad Osama: Through the worship [of Allah], we shall gain victory over our enemies, strengthen our religion, and defeat the Jews. The Messenger of Allah said: "Judgment Day will not come before the Muslims fight the Jews, and the Muslims will kill the Jews, and the Jews will hide behind the trees and the stones, and then the trees and the stones will say: Oh Muslim, oh servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the gharqad tree will not speak because it is one of the trees of the Jews." 

[...]

#11 Kostas

Kostas

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

preaching for MEMRI

Looking through some people's glasses; MEMRI don't make racist comments, merely "misquote"
Sure, it might feed motive for war, but it's not really racism.(????)

http://www.memri.org...n/print1800.htm
proclaimed by Ahmadinejad - to "wipe Israel off the map."

From the same page "Demonization is a necessary precondition for genocide."

How telling.
As an Australian of Greek lineage, with who knows... perhaps some Turkish that nobody in my clan has spoken of [wink].. I wish to examine all, and as a lover of free speech (short of inciting harm to others) I expect the right to critique all as freely as anyone.

ps
Any barcode beginning with 729.... is not a perfect way of telling when a product is from Israel, but it is a good rule of thumb.

#12 Kostas

Kostas

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

All your problems will be over soon furry-animal, because:

http://lataan.blogsp...ves-set-to.html
105 members of Australia’s opposition parliamentarians [all except 2] became signatories to the ‘London Declaration on Combating Anti-Semitism’ during budget week last month.

The Declaration, based on the European Union’s EUMC ‘Working Definition of anti-Semitism’, consists of some 34 recommendations that it says governments should enact to combat anti-Semitism.

...“claiming the State of Israel is a racist endeavour” is “denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination” ....
“Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis” is also ‘anti-Semitic’. So too, according to the ‘Working Definition’, is “accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel… than to the interests of their own nations”. ....

Notice, it doesn't say any others have a right to self determination.

How "Main Stream" are these sources you're citing f-a?
What sort of circulation do they have?
Anything like our ABC, BBC, or FOX, CNN, MSNBC;
or perhaps like Reuters or Associated Press.
Or AlJazeera perhaps..

You are only parroting the Zionist propagandists MEMRI, who are offering up some sources I've never heard of.....
Who reads that stuff? Do you?
When people say "MAIN STREAM".. take note of the word "MAIN".

ps

#13 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

Well, you should ask roobarb, because he introduced the use of the term "main stream media" - see the quotes of his in the first post.

But "main stream media" need not equate with "high circulation".  For example, the Bendigo Advertiser, I would argue, would be part of the "main stream" media, and its circulation is probably not high.

Tin pot bloggers (the stuff you read) would not be part of the "main stream media" - even if they had a high number of readers.

So you have an issue with MEMRI?  Well, here is a 2 part article from the Egyptian press from about a month ago, proclaiming the blood libel (ie Jews kill non-Jews to use their blood in foods for Passover).  Read it in Arabic or get a translation.

It is revolting, sick stuff.  The pic below is from the 2nd part of the article pretty much sums it up. (yes, they actually published that, go to the link to see for yourself).  Oh, and the Talmudic "quotes" at the start of part 2 are rubbish.

Still waiting to see you or roobarb post articles of muslim hatred from main stream media sources.

http://www.misrelgdi...ons/112946.html

http://www.misrelgdi...ons/114185.html

bloodlibel5n.jpg

#14 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

If its "high circulation" that you want, here is an article from The Egyptian newspaper Al-Akhbar.

Info on the paper:

http://www.publicita...al-akhbar-egypt

"Al-Akhbar today is a dynamic and interesting newspaper. Its editorial staff is the most well informed and respected throughout the Middle East. Their style and sense of humour in writing and reporting add more esteem to the unique performance of this newspaper. Al-Akhbar is reputed for its popularity amongst the readers not only in Egypt and the Arab Nations but also throughout the countries of the world where Arabic speaking scholars were to be found. All these factors and many others make Al-Akhbar the daily newspaper with one of the highest circulation figure. Pro-government newspaper."

Goodness, don't they sound so warm and fuzzy?

Pity they publish stuff like this:

The Blood Libel Again in Egypt's Government Press

The criticism of the Egyptian government press, following racist remarks against US Secretary of State Colin Powell, as well as the continuous anti-Semitism has been only partially heeded. While the criticism of Secretary Powell has been toned down,[1] anti-Semitic slander remains a frequent feature in the writings of Egyptian columnists. Recently, the issue of the blood libel has reemerged, this time in the government dailyAl-Akhbar.[2]

On the eve of the Arab summit in Amman, Dr. Mahmoud Al-Said Al-Kurdi, wrote an article titled "The Last Scene in the Life of Father Toma!! - A Tele-drama for the Arab Summit in Amman!"

"The Talmud, the second holiest book for the Jews, determines that the 'matzahs' of Atonement Day [sic.] must be kneaded 'with blood' from a non-Jew. The preference is for the blood of youths after raping them!! Rabbi Moshe Abu Al-Afiah revealed this during the investigation of the disappearance of Father Toma in the Jewish quarter of Damascus in 1840. The Governor of Damascus, Sharif Pasha ordered the execution of some of the Rabbis of the Jewish Quarter once it was proved that they kidnapped and murdered Father Toma. But, Muhammad Pasha, under pressure from 'the French-Israelite Association [sic.],' pardoned them."

"I published some of the investigation documents which are kept in the files of Syria's Justice Ministry, in an article that Al-Akhbar was kind enough to publish on October 20, 2000 [see translation below], on the eve of the emergency summit summoned by Egypt at the time."

"This article shocked millions of people who received a copy. Through the Al-Akhbarwebsite, whose address is www.elakhaber.org.eg, people around the world learned that the insane myths of the Talmud are being implemented against the non-Jews in the world. I called on the [Cairo] summit to take action so that the day won't come when big bottles will be filled with Arab blood..."

"Since that day I have worked on re-writing this affair in the language of cinema, an international language whose message reaches people... and whose influence is much greater than that of the written language. I will publish the last lines of this historical event so Arab Foreign Ministers can review it when they devise the final picture of the unified Arab strategy..."

"[The teledrama begins with] a full shot of Syria's Terra Santa monastary on the beach. Fishing boats can be seen in the distance and at the edge is a small boat. Sitting in the boat are the four main characters of the drama: Father Toma, one of his followers Dalia Mizrahi, Menahem Farhi - also known as the Jewish Christian [sic.], who shows affection to the priest but deep inside has ill intentions - and Sheik Muhammad Al-Tijani the Imam of the big mosque and Father Toma's friend. The only sounds are the murmur of the oars and a few short sentences:

"Dalia: 'Will you visit us once again?'

Father Toma: 'I'm not going in order to return, my child. I will disappear until the fire of hatred in the Jewish Quarter is extinguished.'

Menahem (his evil reflected in his face): 'You will not escape this time, good priest; only your body will.'"

"Menahem Farhi draws a dagger that shines in the moonlight... and stabs Father Toma in his shoulder with a quick thrust. He distances the rest of them, threatening them with his cold weapon, as the camera moves from face to face... Menahem puts down a white bottle to collect Father Toma's blood..."

"Sheik Tijani knocks [Menahem], the bottle of blood, and the knife into the water with an oar. He wants to jump after him to kill him."

"Father Toma (while reciting Koranic verses) [sic.]: 'Not with the knife Tijani.'

Tijani: 'I know he only swims well in mud and swamps.'"

"Menahem begins to sink and only his yarmulke floats on a layer of bright red blood..."

"Tijani: 'We'll return to the monestary, so that you can treat yourself, oh Father Toma.'

Father Toma: 'There is no hope, the knife was poisoned. I feel the poison running through my body. (Looks at Dalia). Cry my child, the tears purge the sins. Take care of her Tijani, you are the last one left...'"

"The sun's golden threads reveal the widening blood stain [on the water] and on it the Rabbi's yarmulke. Father Toma's head falls on Dalia's chest. She screams and her screams are heard around the world. The closing titles descend and read: 'The Death of Father Toma.'"

"Mr. Amru Musa, star of Egypt's diplomacy, did you watch this last scene in the life of Father Toma with us? This Full Shot tells us, in the language of cinema, that treason and stupidity are fundamental characteristics of the mental structure of the Israeli people. Peace for them is nothing but a tactical move in the framework of a long-term plan whose goal is violence and bloodshed. It is written in their holy scriptures!!..."[3]

Previous Blood Libels Published by Dr. Al-Kurdi

As mentioned above, Dr. Al-Kurdi had previously published an article on the subject on the eve of the Arab summit in Cairo. Following are excerpts of this article:

"The murder of Father Toma and his servant, which took place in the Jewish Quarter of Damascus in 1840, came to my mind when I saw the horrible Al-Aqsa massacres..."

"Father Toma entered the Jewish Quarter to attend to a sick man, and ended up slaughtered without a drop of blood in him!"

"This abominable affair enraged the Syrian public who loved and respected Father Toma spiritually, [Toma] resembled physically Jesus, peace be upon him. The authorities apprehended Rabbi Moshe Abu Al-Afiah who became a Moslem and cooperated with the investigation."

"In the official investigation file [it is written that] the investigator asked him: 'How was Father Toma murdered? What is the secret behind the vanishing of this good man's blood?'"

"Rabbi Moshe Abu Al-Afiah answered: 'A group of Jews kidnapped him and his servant, after he finished a house-call with a Jewish patient. They slaughtered him and collected his blood in a big bottle which was then left in the house's cellar.'"

"Investigator: 'Do you know why the Jews committed this abominable act?'

Rabbi Moshe Abu Al-Afiah: 'Yes. To use non-Jewish blood in the dough of the Matzahs for the celebration of the Atonment Day [sic.]'"

"Investigator: 'Does your religion order you to commit this criminal act?'

Rabbi Moshe Abu Al-Afiah: 'Yes.'"

"[Rabbi Al-Afiah] took some papers out of his pocket and started translating directly from Hebrew to Arabic. He read the Rabbis' instructions about the need to knead the Matzahs of the holy bread with the blood of non-Jews, preferably with the blood of raped youths!!"

"Investigator: 'Is that read from the Torah?'

Rabbi Moshe Abu Al-Afiah: 'No, from the Talmud, or from the verbal instructions of the Rabbis. We call it 'The Second Torah', although it is holier than Moses' Torah.'"

"Investigator: 'Where is this cursed book?'

Rabbi Moshe Abu Al-Afiah: 'Europe has burnt it, but we pass it secretly from one to another. From the copies that were printed afterwords, the parts cursing Jesus and his mother were omitted...'"

"In 1973 the Egyptian army managed to deny the bloodletter, Sharon, the pleasure of celebrating the Day of Atonement. The Egyptian forces found in one of the [Israeli] strongholds bottles of frozen wine and slices of dry black bread. Then, the Egyptian officer was told that these are the Matzahs of holy bread!! This officer probably does not know even today what blood was used to knead the Matzahs of holy bread."

"I ask myself: was the purpose of the Al-Aqsa massacres political...? Or was it for religious purposes, aiming at letting pure Arab blood for the Jewish holidays?..." [4]

Mubarak discusses Press Attacks on Powell

In a recent interview, Newsweek's Lally Weymouth asked Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak about the attacks on US Secretary of State Colin Powell in Egypt's government press. Following are excerpts from the interview:

Weymouth: "People in the United States are shocked by the way your media has been describing our Secretary of State and Israel since the Intifada began."

Mubarak: "When I read that article I apologized to the Secretary. He is a friend. Your media is irresponsible also. What about Tom Friedman's very bad articles."

Weymouth: "There is one difference. Our president does not appoint the editors of our papers."

Mubarak: "A shura council, part of the parliament appoints them."[5]

However, the Washington Times reports that when asked about the criticism of Powell in the Egyptian press, Egypt's Ambassador to the United States, Nabil Fahmy "said the reports do not reflect official policy, even though the newspaper is owned by the government and President Hosni Mubarak appoints its editor."[6]

[1] While the government press toned down its criticism of Powell and the US, the opposition press continued these assaults. Al-Wafd Columnist, Salim 'Azuz, for example, wrote that if it wasn't for the custom of hospitality, the members of the US Commission on International Religious Freedom who came to investigate the conditions of the Christian Copt minority, "would have been sent back in coffins." "If we were not restricted by the Emergency Law," 'Azuz continued, "we would have called on the masses to come to the airport and do only one thing: spit in the faces [of the committee members]... I'm convinced that in such a case, the investigation delegation would have drowned from all the spit." Al-Wafd (Egypt), March 19, 2001.

[2] For other articles in the Arab media referencing the Blood Libel see:

[3] Al-Akbar (Egypt), March 25, 2001.

[4] Al-Akhbar (Egypt), October 20, 2000.

[5] Newsweek, March 31, 2001.

[6] Washington Times, March 20, 2001

#15 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

Syrian produced show, broadcast in moderate Jordan.

Blood libel: Jews murder a christian Child to get the blood

#16 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

Aww, kids show from Al-Aqsa TV (ie Hamas TV).

Not much "courtesy" being given to Jews here, eh roobarb?

Roobarb, I want you to retract, and apologise for, the claims you made (see 2 quotes at start of thread).

Then I will stop posting this filth.

Hamas Rabbit eat Jews

Palestinian children are taught: Genocide is God's will

#17 Kostas

Kostas

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

Still waiting to see you or roobarb post articles of muslim hatred from main stream media sources.

So claiming that Ahmadinejad said that he wants to "wipe Israel off the map" is not peddling Muslim hatred..
That's what you are saying, right???
even though it's offered as a "reason" to attack Iran.

ps

#18 Kostas

Kostas

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

further... is [h]olocaust denial racism, eg denying that over 1.5 million Iraqis have been killed since 2003, claiming it's only 100 or 200 thousand???
Denying the effects of depleted uranium???
Demonising Muslims by 'bearing false witness' on the words of the Koran.
Claiming Mass Marriages of grown men to prepubescent girls.
Claiming WMD absent proof.

Or do you not consider demonising to be racism... because we seem to only be permitted to work with your definitions, so I need some answers.

How about just attacking lands??? Is that racism? or are you only interested if the attacks are in the form of electronic or print media.

How about enhancement of the whites of Muslim's eyes, as was done to some images of accused "911 terrorists" to make their eyes look more piercing, larger and enraged. Is that too subtle??

How about raising doubts by questioning "Islam's compatibility with the West" or "clash of civilizations"
Or the proliferation of the word "Islamism" and conspicuous absence of "Zionism".
All too subtle??
Or claiming Children thrown out of incubators by Iraqis???

-Ve portrayals of your prophet in Cartoons and film???
Demonising of Arabs by Hollywood as opposed to perpetual Hollywood films reinforcing Jewish legends; including films every year reinforcing [the] [H]olocaust legend.

That's a long list, there are more..

ps

#19 roobarb

roobarb

I am a dude!

• Members
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Wow. Just wow... You really started a thread just to call me out? What are we? 12?

For starters, Kostas is correct when I refer to the media I am referring to what the average Australian is exposed to every day. This being a site based in Australia and all and me being a typical anglo aussie. Secondly, you take my claim as being an all or nothing statement. It's not, but it refers to the fact the mainstream media in Australia has a tendency to negatively spin the Muslim perspective and positively spin the Jewish perspective. Even if you widen the scope to western mainstream media (which is what we are mostly exposed to without going out of our way to find other sources) this still holds true. Thirdly, even if I have the inclination to trawl news source from all over the world, I just do not have the time to do this. But good for you that you seem to have the time to do this in order to score points on an internet forum.

1 million internets to you good sir!

I'd almost feel sorry for him if he weren't such a knob - tr3x
roobarb is actually a girls name in Arabic lol hence why I've always thought you were a girl - mango
since you are a worthless and shameless lowlife - FatBoyMuslim

#20 Kostas

Kostas

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

furry-animal The critiques you and MEMRI offer are often fabricated or selected from sporadic and obscure sources; whereas the demonising of Muslims which I mentioned has been committed almost universally and persistently across all English language MSM sources including Reuters and Associated Press and MAIN global "entertainment" sources.

It is you who should apologise for peddling propaganda from MEMRI, who are well known to fabricate stories, which only further demonises by presenting Muslims as not only hateful but so backward that they are even incapable of making up even 1/2 plausible propaganda beyond stone age level.
No credible analysis would quote MEMRI http://www.tbsjourna...5/whitaker.html
You should blush.

ps

#21 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

furry-animal The critiques you and MEMRI offer are often fabricated or selected from sporadic and obscure sources; whereas the demonising of Muslims which I mentioned has been committed almost universally and persistently across all English language MSM sources including Reuters and Associated Press and MAIN global "entertainment" sources.

It is you who should apologise for peddling propaganda from MEMRI, who are well known to fabricate stories, which only further demonises by presenting Muslims as not only hateful but so backward that they are even incapable of making up even 1/2 plausible propaganda beyond stone age level.
No credible analysis would quote MEMRI http://www.tbsjourna...5/whitaker.html
You should blush.

So "demonising of Muslims which I mentioned has been committed almost universally and persistently across all English language MSM sources including Reuters and Associated Press" is the case is it?

Please provide examples then, Kostas (or roobarb).  If this "demonising of Muslims" is so commonplace, that shouldn't be hard to do. 

Is it on a par with this "demonising"?  This is an interview dated 1 June 2013 from the Egyptian paper Al Ahram, the most widely circulating Egyptian daily newspaper.  The interview is with the screenwriter (Yusri Al-Jindi) for a forthcoming tv series called "Khaybar", presently being filmed in Egypt and Morocco.

http://www.ahram.org...د-موسي-وحت.aspx

(In fact, there has been alot of press coverage in the build up to this series airing. It apparently features the stars of drama from the Arab world, including from Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon and Morocco.  It is one of the most expensive middle eastern tv productions, after The Fall of the Caliphate, and shares the same production company).

It is scheduled to be shown on arab telly this year (during Ramadan) in Egypt and throughout the middle east.  It is quite a lavish production (see the trailer at bottom) with alot of money having been spent on it.  Sounds good, eh?  

So what does the screenwriter in the interview say about the show?  What is it about?  Well, the article is in arabic, so Kostas, you can arrange your own "trustworthy" translation, but here is some of what he says.  The miniseries is intended to show:

* the deceit of Jews from the time of Moses until today

* that for thousands of years, Jews have been winning not because of their strength but because of the weakness of others, so they have always been working on the break up and weakening of Arab societies in all forms

* that the Jewish community from the outset has been based on fraud and deceit and foul traits, from the time of Moses until now

* Jews do not want peace in the world, and this has been their approach for three thousand years old.  

* Jews are known for breaking promises and ignoring agreements

* Jews do not know how to live in a society of peace, and they have been behind every calamity that has ever occurred in the Arab and Islamic world

So is the persistent and universal "demonising of Muslims" across all English language MSM sources, which you claim, on anywhere near the scale and vitriol as this? 

Here is the trailer:

Here is an arab "Entertainment Tonight" type segment with the stars, writers, producers etc:

#22 Kostas

Kostas

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

So "demonising of Muslims which I mentioned has been committed almost universally and persistently across all English language MSM sources including Reuters and Associated Press" is the case is it?

Please provide examples then, Kostas (or roobarb).  If this "demonising of Muslims" is so commonplace, that shouldn't be hard to do. 

So you disagree???
You Bear Witness to my statement being false??

ps

#23 Kostas

Kostas

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Clearly you'd prefer to hide behind a thin layer of ambiguity; rather than clarify your statements, but that only shelters you from critique by the 1/2 blind.
You don't need to overtly declare "witness" because those of us that can see properly know that you in fact implicitly do bear witness that 'demonising of Muslims is not "commonplace" among English language MSM'.
Further; cutting and pasting material from one of the most disgusting and shameless Zionist anti-Muslim propagandists on the planet in order to win, in your mind, an argument is pretty low I'd say.

We're looking for truth and you bring us Barabbas[MEMRI].

ps

#24 Kostas

Kostas

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:18 AM

For those that sense an effective and potent demonisation of Muslims in English language Media, resulting in hatred and attacks on Muslims and support for unprovoked wars against Muslim countries; here are a couple of links which explain why your senses are absolutely correct.
Keeping in mind that the most horrific example of anti-Jewish racism which Julia Gillard was able to cite in Australia as justification for signing The London Declaration on Combating Antisemitism was "graffiti".

http://thedebateinit...edia-reporting/

http://thinkprogress...inate-coverage/

http://www.academia....is_of_Discourse

http://www.academia....is_of_Discourse

And this next one especially for you furry-animal; to put into context, just how [NOT] potent or dangerous the type of racism you and MEMRI cite (if it's real at all) actually is.

http://www.newreligi...anti-islam.html
In 1954, psychologist Gordon Allport devised a five-level scale to measure prejudice and discrimination within a society. He called the lowest level antilocution, or the spread of negative stereotypes and propaganda regarding a particular minority. The second level was avoidance. The third discrimination, the fourth physical attack and then, finally, extermination

ps

#25 Kostas

Kostas

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

While some are focusing their attention on they Eastern Media for it's ill's;
there are many an ill worthy of note in our own media which are not addressed by our own society's, openly voiced concerns by the "media watchers".

Unfortunately we don't have a Global "main stream", government funded, Muslim equivalent to Zionist MEMRI to perform this task and so we must rely on dispersed and obscure bloggers for their vigilance.
In either case however, we should and and often can substantiate or refute claims that are made, before we can "bear witness" with any integrity.

This blogger is a bit of a one-man think-tank in the arena of Zionist influence particularly within Australian MS Media and politics. A large and never ending task which furry-animal expects that I and roobarb should undertake; financially unresourced, unlike MEMRI, as we are.
His latest blogg; Islamophobia Goes Mainstream
SEE LINK FOR FULL blogg and exposed links to unitedwithisrael.com

http://middleeastrea...mainstream.html
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Islamophobia Goes Mainstream
While Australian politicians flock to sign an Israeli government-sponsored declaration committing them to fight criticism of Israel under the pretext that they are fighting anti-Semitism, a marginal form of racism at best in this country, Islamophobia is thriving in the mainstream media. The following instances have occurred within the past two weeks:

Paul Sheehan, Sydney Morning Herald columnist, 27/5
>>>>>>.
>>>>>>
Q&A - 27/5
>>>>>
>>>>>
Q&A - 3/6
>>>>
>>>>>>

ps

#26 peaceful

peaceful
  • Members
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

The difference between hatred expressed by Zionists and those by Muslims are as follows:

1/ Muslims express hatred at an individual level, in reaction to injustice that they witness. It is only broadcast in the worst possible light by the Zionist media when it is in their interest without showing the reasons for the anger.

2/ The hatred expressed by Zionist stems from their arrogance and misguided belief that they are the 'chosen' people, superior to all goyim (animals). It is propogated through the media by their leaders, news or Hollywood movies to justify the injustice they are committing against innocent civilians.

The competition should not be which religion expresses hate but rather which religion expresses more tolerance. I believe that there is enough hatred and suspicion around so that nobody can take the moral high ground in these matters. We should now frame the conversation about which religion shows more tolerance.

The Muslims in the past have been very tolerant. We have examples of Umar (rah), Salahudeen Ayubi, Golden years of Spain etc.  However, I am not so sure about Muslims tolerance at the present time. I would guess that it is probably hard to show compassion and tolerance from a position of weakness. There is the example of the Palestinian father who donated the organs of his son to a Jew even though his son was shot by Israeli forces.

#27 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Is it on a par with this "demonising"?  This is an interview dated 1 June 2013 from the Egyptian paper Al Ahram, the most widely circulating Egyptian daily newspaper.  The interview is with the screenwriter (Yusri Al-Jindi) for a forthcoming tv series called "Khaybar", presently being filmed in Egypt and Morocco.

http://www.ahram.org...د-موسي-وحت.aspx

(In fact, there has been alot of press coverage in the build up to this series airing. It apparently features the stars of drama from the Arab world, including from Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon and Morocco.  It is one of the most expensive middle eastern tv productions, after The Fall of the Caliphate, and shares the same production company).

It is scheduled to be shown on arab telly this year (during Ramadan) in Egypt and throughout the middle east.  It is quite a lavish production (see the trailer at bottom) with alot of money having been spent on it.  Sounds good, eh?  

So what does the screenwriter in the interview say about the show?  What is it about?  Well, the article is in arabic, so Kostas, you can arrange your own "trustworthy" translation, but here is some of what he says.  The miniseries is intended to show:

* the deceit of Jews from the time of Moses until today

* that for thousands of years, Jews have been winning not because of their strength but because of the weakness of others, so they have always been working on the break up and weakening of Arab societies in all forms

* that the Jewish community from the outset has been based on fraud and deceit and foul traits, from the time of Moses until now

* Jews do not want peace in the world, and this has been their approach for three thousand years old.  

* Jews are known for breaking promises and ignoring agreements

* Jews do not know how to live in a society of peace, and they have been behind every calamity that has ever occurred in the Arab and Islamic world

So is the persistent and universal "demonising of Muslims" across all English language MSM sources, which you claim, on anywhere near the scale and vitriol as this? 

Here is the trailer:

Here is an arab "Entertainment Tonight" type segment with the stars, writers, producers etc:

Interestingly, it appears that Khaybar has been a ratings flop.  I spose the Libyans, Egyptians, Lebanese, Syrians, Yemenis, Bahrainis, Iraqis etc aren't in the mood to watch a show about how the jews are the causes of "every calamity that has ever occurred in the Arab and Islamic world".

For Insight Into Mideast, Tune Into Ramadan TV

A sign of progress: This year's holiday fare vilifies Islamists more than Jews.

By JOSEPH BRAUDE

Arab cops hunt jihadi terrorists. A con artist becomes president of Egypt. A mosque preacher falls in love with a secular violinist at the opera house. These are just a few of the plots for dozens of new TV shows playing to 90 million households in the Arab world this month. Ramadan is a time of fasting and contemplation—but in the Middle East, it's also the most high-stakes period for hundreds of satellite channels in 21 Arab countries.

Most serials made their debut with the new moon on July 8 and air nightly after daylong fasting is broken at sunset. This year's story lines reflect the political upheavals rocking the Arab world and suggest that the region—or at least those producing the shows—are tilting against Islamism.

A traditional mainstay of Ramadan TV has been programming depicting Jews as hook-nosed spillers of blood who want to enslave the world, starting with Muslims. Perhaps most memorably, the 2001 Ramadan show "Faris Bila Jawad" (Horseman Without a Horse) told the story of Israel's founding as a nation on the premise that the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" were real and not, as they were, a vicious anti-Semitic forgery by the Russian secret police.

This year, one Qatari-backed historical drama does fit that bigoted bill: "Khaybar"—airing on networks in Algeria, Egypt, Iraq and elsewhere—shows why a Jewish tribe in seventh-century Arabia deserved to be slaughtered by Muslims and recreates the carnage. Egyptian screenwriter Yusri al-Jundi made his feelings toward Jews clear when he told an Al Jazeera television interviewer: "The series shows how the Jews' . . . nature endures. Despite the fact that hundreds of years have passed, they still spread corruption wherever they live."

But early ratings show "Khaybar" to be a commercial flop, as well as an outlier. This year's most popular shows don't focus on an external enemy but on current intra-Arab issues.

The nightly comedy sitcom, "Abu Al Malayin" (Father of Millions), airing on the Saudi-backed network MBC1, is about two rich brothers' zany adventures in capitalism. In one episode, the siblings predict that the Arab revolutions will boost demand for "tools of repression," and start importing tear gas and police dogs. The brothers want to earn a bad reputation among Western human-rights groups, so that Arab states will be more likely to do business with them. When I asked screenwriter Khalaf al-Harbi why he thinks the show is a hit, he replied: "All year long Arabs have been crying—about Syria, about Iraq. They need to laugh more than ever."

The most serious rival for "Abu Al Malayin" is an Egyptian production, "Al-Arraf" (The Fortuneteller). Beloved Egyptian comic actor Adel Imam plays a con artist who makes millions, lands in prison, escapes amid the chaos of the 2011 revolution, and goes on to win political power in the new Egypt. Numerous TV critics in Egypt and beyond have interpreted the story as a dig at recently ousted President Mohammed Morsi, who was jailed for a few days along with other Muslim Brotherhood activists during the January 2011 revolution. The critics interpret the con as a metaphor for Islamists' use of religion to gain power. Mr. Imam, who faced prosecution on charges of "offending Islam" last year, recently talked with an Egyptian newspaper about Mr. Morsi's ouster: "I can't describe how happy I am at the armed forces' announcement."

His political views echo broader anger at the Muslim Brotherhood among Egypt's leading actors, writers and directors—and the new crop of dramas puts their feelings on display. "Al-Da'iya" (The Preacher) features a cleric in love with a violinist. As their relationship deepens, he confronts extremism and hypocrisy among his colleagues. "Ism Mu'aqqat" (Temporary Name) casts Brotherhood candidates in Egypt's recent elections as cheats. Meanwhile, secularist ideologue Ilham Shaheen scripted the slapstick comedy "Nazariyat al-Gawafa" (The Guava Theory), which mercilessly spoofs the Brotherhood.

Part of the reason such programming is dominating the airwaves is that the Syrian TV industry, which has long been the source of the most anti-Semitic and politically toxic shows, has been virtually put out of commission by the civil war. Battle scenes in dramas like "Khaybar" are costly, and these days are difficult to shoot outdoors in Syria, where the other kind of shooting is rampant.

The Brotherhood, for its part, hasn't nurtured the creative talent necessary to staff its own ideological productions. One halting attempt was ridiculed by critics earlier this year for its conspicuous lack of female characters. Meanwhile, Shiite Hezbollah's annual TV epic spotlights a non-Jewish adversary this year—the Sunni Ottoman Empire—in an apparent nod to the region's sectarian strife. It hasn't attracted a substantial audience.

Shifting political circumstances have conspired to alter the menu of shows this season. But viewers' choices are a sign that Arabs may be eschewing the fixation on an external enemy in favor of more introspective, even self-critical fare—as well as plain old escapism.

Mr. Braude, author of "The Honored Dead" (Spiegel & Grau, 2011), broadcasts a weekly commentary in Arabic on Morocco's MED Radio network. He is writing a book about Arabic media.

#28 Kostas

Kostas

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:25 AM

While we've pointed to Zionism's own sources, as primary sources, to show anti-Islamic propaganda in Our Main Stream Media, 'fury-animal rebuts by citing zionists' Sources Representations Of so called "Islamic" MSM (obscure as it is) propaganda.

Even though the (apparently) "Muslim" propaganda f-a's Zionist Sources claim to present is at a "carbon paper and type writer" level of potency, or or even impotent against Anti-Muslim Propaganda;...
fury animal is out to combat apparently ubiquitous anti Jewish propaganda: as perhaps also evidenced, some might believe, by a perhaps real and great attack against Jews as compared to the low attacks against Muslims.

Over the last 100 and 200 years, and even centuries more, in spite of the fact that Islam has shown to be impotent in any manner of significant global violence, be it militaristic, political or economic dominion; fury-animal [as defender of the faith] continuously attempts to act as apologist for the so called "Judeo-Christian" dominators as though they are the victim and have been for those hundreds of years... In spite of Islam's Spread.

ps

#29 Kostas

Kostas

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:34 AM

Oh great, Fury-animal brings us Joseph Braude, another American Jew to tell us about Arabs.

That's right fury-animal; if you want to know about Greeks, only ask Turks, or vise vera.

I see more clearly now, where you consistently get your understanding of the Islamic World; much like the rest of the "Judeo Christian" World does; ie. from Zionist Sources.
While the Anti-Muslim Propaganda seemingly goes right over your head and so you ask that it be pointed out to you.

It's fair to say that you need to be more critical of your sources, and perhaps even a little diverse,

ps

#30 furry_animal

furry_animal
  • Members
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

Oh great, Fury-animal brings us Joseph Braude, another American Jew to tell us about Arabs.

That's right fury-animal; if you want to know about Greeks, only ask Turks, or vise vera.

I see more clearly now, where you consistently get your understanding of the Islamic World; much like the rest of the "Judeo Christian" World does; ie. from Zionist Sources.
While the Anti-Muslim Propaganda seemingly goes right over your head and so you ask that it be pointed out to you.

It's fair to say that you need to be more critical of your sources, and perhaps even a little diverse,

Hussein Aboubakr was born in 1989 to an Arab Muslim family in Cairo, Egypt. Hussein studied Jewish and Middle Eastern history and Hebrew literature at the Faculty of Arts and Oriental Studies Department at Cairo University. Persecuted by state police for his research at the Israeli Academic Center of Cairo, Hussein participated in the Egyptian revolution until he was forced to depart Egypt as a political refugee. He now lives in the United States. He is a member of JIMENA: Jews Indigenous to the Middle East and North Africa an organization based in San Francisco.

Fom the days of my early childhood in Egypt, anti-Semitism was not only a common phenomenon, it has been a national characteristic of my country. From Alexandria to Aswan, in every city and small town along the Nile river, anti-Jewish propaganda can be easily found in mosques, bookstores, on the radio, in newspapers and on TV.

Learning to hate Jews starts in Egypt the first moment you learn about their existence and continues long into adulthood. I am so used to seeing Jews identified by the old traditional Middle Ages stereotype as mean, filthy, greedy dishonest conspirators out to cause global chaos and disharmony among the Egyptian people. Bit by bit I learned all the elements and causes of religious and secular hatred of Jews in Egyptian society. I still recall the time when, as a 13-year-old, I got to experience the broadcast of the Ramadan special: “A Horseless Knight,” a TV series watched widely across Egypt telling the story of the Jewish conspiracy to dominate humanity, as recorded in the “Elder’s Protocols.” The TV series spurred a large growth in sales of countless copies of the “Protocols of the Elders of Zion” in Egypt.

Egyptians will be celebrating the holy month of Ramadan until August 7th this year. Little is known in the west about this Islamic festival other than that it is a holy month of fasting. Ramadan is the biggest and longest event in the Muslim world. The holiday is marked by 30 days of feasts and traditional celebrations, which vary depending on the cultural heritage of the country and are tangential to the religion. In some countries, schools and some businesses go on vacation for the entire month. In other countries, work is limited to only 4-6 hours a day.

Muslims and Arabs spend each day fasting, refraining from eating food and drinking water. Due to the usual harsh climate in the Middle East, they spend most of their time resting in the shade. Upon sunset they break their fast in a celebration known as Iftar, leaving the rest of the evening and night to a continuous joyful festival atmosphere with plenty of good food and family reunions and the family TV room is the traditional place for spending Ramadan.

During Ramadan, Arab TV networks offer hundreds of new daily shows starring the biggest actors and actresses in the Arab world, nearly 300 new episodes of Arabic language programs are introduced during the prime viewing month of Ramadan. Most of these programs are produced in Egypt, which was almost the sole producer of Arabic media content until the 2000s, which led to a prevalence of Egyptian Arabic all over the Middle East.

As far as I remember from the early days of my childhood, not one Ramadan season missed the opportunity to introduce some major anti-Jewish documentary or TV series. The biggest hit Ramadan specials in Egypt are usually programs that offer a large dose of anti-Semitism to the Arab appetite.

The Middle East has a mythological mix of nationalism, history and religion unlike anything in the West. National loyalty and history need to be defined clearly and because of the development of the Abrahamic framework of the region, the subject of “the Jews” offers a unique integration of these elements. Ramadan, is the perfect time to celebrate not just Muslim identity but being un-Jewish.

This Ramadan, a new documentary called Khaibar and produced by an Egyptian is being broadcast on a pan-Arab Qatari TV network. Khaibar introduces the audience to Jews being the villains, conspirators out to dominate humanity, enemies of Islam and slayers of prophets, the same themes used to define Jews over and over again to Arab audiences. It portrays the Jewish community living in the Arabian Peninsula during the time of the Prophet as a secret society, only concerned with conspiring against everyone else, including other Jews.

Ramadan specials like Khaibar are designed to remind large numbers of Arab viewers every day for a month that their Jewish neighbors are plotting their destruction. I distinctly remember Ramadan in 2005, when a Lebanese TV series titled The Diaspora Arabs featured a scene in which Jews slaughtered a Christian child for their secret matzah ingredient, the blood of Christians!

Given the fact that Arabs don’t have a strong reading culture, most of the information Arabs depend on comes from television, although lately the internet is becoming more prominent. Because of this, it may not be unusual to find a viewer of The Diaspora Arabs utterly convinced that the Jews eat matzah tainted with the blood of Christians. Unfortunately some Arab TV stations have decided to take advantage of a Muslim holiday to broadcast paranoia, obsessions and illusions.

Ramadan is supposed to offer Muslims a month of spiritual reflection, self-restraint, an opportunity to give charity and empathize with those who are less fortunate. Yet because of those who make decisions on Arab TV networks, this year’s Ramadan offers another dose of unchallenged hatred and historical forgery, planting deeper seeds of Jewish hatred that is all too often becoming an expression of Arab identity in the modern age.

Fom the days of my early childhood in Egypt, anti-Semitism was not only a common phenomenon, it has been a national characteristic of my country. From Alexandria to Aswan, in every city and small town along the Nile river, anti-Jewish propaganda can be easily found in mosques, bookstores, on the radio, in newspapers and on TV.

Learning to hate Jews starts in Egypt the first moment you learn about their existence and continues long into adulthood. I am so used to seeing Jews identified by the old traditional Middle Ages stereotype as mean, filthy, greedy dishonest conspirators out to cause global chaos and disharmony among the Egyptian people. Bit by bit I learned all the elements and causes of religious and secular hatred of Jews in Egyptian society. I still recall the time when, as a 13-year-old, I got to experience the broadcast of the Ramadan special: “A Horseless Knight,” a TV series watched widely across Egypt telling the story of the Jewish conspiracy to dominate humanity, as recorded in the “Elder’s Protocols.” The TV series spurred a large growth in sales of countless copies of the “Protocols of the Elders of Zion” in Egypt.

Egyptians will be celebrating the holy month of Ramadan until August 7th this year. Little is known in the west about this Islamic festival other than that it is a holy month of fasting. Ramadan is the biggest and longest event in the Muslim world. The holiday is marked by 30 days of feasts and traditional celebrations, which vary depending on the cultural heritage of the country and are tangential to the religion. In some countries, schools and some businesses go on vacation for the entire month. In other countries, work is limited to only 4-6 hours a day.

Muslims and Arabs spend each day fasting, refraining from eating food and drinking water. Due to the usual harsh climate in the Middle East, they spend most of their time resting in the shade. Upon sunset they break their fast in a celebration known as Iftar, leaving the rest of the evening and night to a continuous joyful festival atmosphere with plenty of good food and family reunions and the family TV room is the traditional place for spending Ramadan.

During Ramadan, Arab TV networks offer hundreds of new daily shows starring the biggest actors and actresses in the Arab world, nearly 300 new episodes of Arabic language programs are introduced during the prime viewing month of Ramadan. Most of these programs are produced in Egypt, which was almost the sole producer of Arabic media content until the 2000s, which led to a prevalence of Egyptian Arabic all over the Middle East.

As far as I remember from the early days of my childhood, not one Ramadan season missed the opportunity to introduce some major anti-Jewish documentary or TV series. The biggest hit Ramadan specials in Egypt are usually programs that offer a large dose of anti-Semitism to the Arab appetite.

The Middle East has a mythological mix of nationalism, history and religion unlike anything in the West. National loyalty and history need to be defined clearly and because of the development of the Abrahamic framework of the region, the subject of “the Jews” offers a unique integration of these elements. Ramadan, is the perfect time to celebrate not just Muslim identity but being un-Jewish.

This Ramadan, a new documentary called Khaibar and produced by an Egyptian is being broadcast on a pan-Arab Qatari TV network. Khaibar introduces the audience to Jews being the villains, conspirators out to dominate humanity, enemies of Islam and slayers of prophets, the same themes used to define Jews over and over again to Arab audiences. It portrays the Jewish community living in the Arabian Peninsula during the time of the Prophet as a secret society, only concerned with conspiring against everyone else, including other Jews.

Ramadan specials like Khaibar are designed to remind large numbers of Arab viewers every day for a month that their Jewish neighbors are plotting their destruction. I distinctly remember Ramadan in 2005, when a Lebanese TV series titled The Diaspora Arabs featured a scene in which Jews slaughtered a Christian child for their secret matzah ingredient, the blood of Christians!

Given the fact that Arabs don’t have a strong reading culture, most of the information Arabs depend on comes from television, although lately the internet is becoming more prominent. Because of this, it may not be unusual to find a viewer of The Diaspora Arabs utterly convinced that the Jews eat matzah tainted with the blood of Christians. Unfortunately some Arab TV stations have decided to take advantage of a Muslim holiday to broadcast paranoia, obsessions and illusions.

Ramadan is supposed to offer Muslims a month of spiritual reflection, self-restraint, an opportunity to give charity and empathize with those who are less fortunate. Yet because of those who make decisions on Arab TV networks, this year’s Ramadan offers another dose of unchallenged hatred and historical forgery, planting deeper seeds of Jewish hatred that is all too often becoming an expression of Arab identity in the modern age.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users