- - - - -

Dealing With Abusive Language On The Internet

16 replies to this topic

#1 Arshad Mawla

Arshad Mawla
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Assalamualakum. May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon all of us. I would greatly appreciate some advice on dealing with cyberbullying. I have come across some greatly abusive language, which I would not like to repeat, and am having trouble accepting it. I did say some mean things in return and that has made even more guilty. I do not know what I should do. 

#2 Hasaan Moyle

Hasaan Moyle

Smooth Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:51 PM

The best method is to speak the truth and correct falsehoods without getting emotional. Demand evidence over and over and don't be afraid to call people bigots if they are bigoted and liars when they tell lies.

1. Use clear, well-written sentences, use correct spelling and punctuation and avoid using textese. Let your enemy do that.
  2. If they curse and use foul language, GOOD. This works in your favour if you speak words that are straightforward and clean. They look cheap, you look like The Quality.
  3. Keep your responses short, relevant and to the point. If you have much to say, save it for future responses. Don't hit them with a long post they won't read.
  4. Only debate in the open with a large online audience. Don't waste your time with private arguments. You can't change the mind of your enemy, but your words could potentially reach hundreds of open-minded people who are out there searching for answers.

Here is an example of my own methods in action on YouTube.

This was started by my comment on a YouTube video about a Muslim who converts to Christianity. While many Muslims DO convert to Christianity, this particular story was an obvious fake, intended to reinforce a number of falsehoolds that are frequently spread by bigots. In particular, this ex-Muslim abused him mother regularly because it was supposedly an Islamic requirement to treat women badly. This is a blatant lie. After converting to Christianity, he apologises to his mother for his bad treatment, explaining that he has found a better way in Christ.

This video was clearly not intended for a Muslim audience, but for an ignorant Christian one who know nothing about Islam and Muslims.

I have a big problem with Christians who go to so much effort, making a dramatisation about a Muslim converting to Christianity that is a LIE. Hiring Arabic-speaking actors, shooting on location in Muslim countries, using professional film crews and quality direction and production to propagate LIES about Islam? That is very un-Christian!

I decided to criticise the video and quickly came under attack myself:

Hasaan: "How could any Muslim think that treating his mother harshly was following Islam? This video is intentionally misleading. If any Muslim watches it, he/she will be galvanised against Christianity, not drawn towards it. If any non-Muslim watches it, he/she will? become more ignorant about Islam, not more enlightened. I was a Christian, I converted to Islam. This deceptive video further justifies my conversion. I think Jesus would hate it too.

ilsinglemom3: "Give me a break. U know that Muhammad would approve of a son correcting a so-called corrupt mother. That? is why Khalil who thought that his mother and siblings were not "Muslims" enough were scolded. This is typical in many Muslim family, including honor-killings. U were not born into a Muslim family so u don't know. Muslims don't have love in them because Muhammad doesn't teach them love but submission to Allah and to hate "infidels" thru lies they have been brainwashed with. The movie is real."

Hasaan: "Firsty, Muhummad :pbuh: never permitted any Muslim to correct, scold or in any way disrespect a parent. Secondly, "honor killings" have nothing to do with the religion of Islam at all. It is a bizarre concept that existed in the Arab world before Islam. It is not "typical" of Muslim families and most families do not understand the concept. Thirdly, being born into a Muslim family does not make a person knowledgeable. If you have any evidence to back up your lies about Islam, then let's hear it."

ilsinglemom3: "The proof is in the millions that practice all of the above and yet most Muslim governments approve or won't do anything about them. Islam is Satanic in its nature. When a person convert into it they turn into angry grouches but when a Muslim convert to Christianity he or she look peaceful and have a more loving personality.? I have seen it over and over again."

Hasaan: Yes, so in other words, you have no evidence whatsoever to back up your sad bigotry. I will not make any ridiculous statements to imply that you are a typical Christian or a typical American, since I know that there are many Christians in the world who aren't as bigoted as you and I know many Americans who are intelligent, well educated and who understand the difference between having knowledge and having an opinion. These same Americans and Christians are embarrassed by ignorant bigots like you

ilsinglemom3: "I am only telling the truth and I am bigoted? That is another thing, 2 many zealot Muslims are pathological liars and bullies. To me that tells me that there is something demonic about Islam. Non-Muslims r finding out more about Muhammad that Muslim scholars and religious leaders hoped no one would see(including? majority Muslims). Dozens of books have been written about the man around his time that tell different accounts of people who have met or lived with Muhammad. The man is sleazy and scary."

Hasaan: "You and I both know that you aren't telling the truth. You know perfectly well that your knowledge of Islam is not based on any serious study or reading. You are right that there are dozens of books written about Muhummad  :pbuh: by people who knew him or lived in his community. I bet you can't name a single book. You haven't read any of them. If you had,? you would see that everyone who knew him trusted him - even his ENEMIES. You are a bigot and an ignorant liar, and we both know it."

ilsinglemom3: "Then my guess is how? you look at things. If sleaze, bullying others, and mass murder was consider normal back then, even among his followers then I guess that is how it is. But for a Christian, a lot of what Muhammad did was considered evil. It is as simple as that. There are brave non-Muslim people who learned Arabic and are finding out the truth through those books. I trust them to tell me the truth."

Hasaan: Well, at least you are now being honest enough to admit that you are listening to what others tell you about Islam and not actually finding out the truth for yourself. How ridiculous would it be for a Muslim to learn about Christianity from another Muslim? How about if they ask an atheist to teach them about Christianity? What if they went to the Mormons or the Westboro Baptist Church for answers? Everything you think you know about Islam was learned from people who hated Islam. See the problem?

ilsinglemom3: "Does it helps to say I did look at the Koran? History, cultures, news, and even meeting Muslims have given me no good impression. Sorry but even Jesus said that u will know who u are dealing with by their fruits. Plus he said whatever comes out of someone's mouth reveals what is in the inside. Muhammad used swear words and cursed people. That would have been enough for me to realized he is no prophet. I can see why Jews and others rejected him but he can't even take rejection so he killed them!"

Hasaan: "History, culture, news and Muslims? None of these are Islam. The inquisition didn't truly reflect Christianity did it? Catholic priests who abuse children don't truly reflect Christianity do they? The Phelps family picketing funerals is not a reflection of the teachings of Jesus Christ is it? Please provide evidence that Muhummad  

:pbuh: swore and cursed people. It is a LIE. Please provide evidence that Muhummad  :pbuh: killed Jews. It is also a LIE. Should I judge you by your fruits? You're a LIAR!"

ilsinglemom3: "You need to do your own research on Muhammad. I am done with what I have to say. People are humans with flaws. Just like those you mentioned that were so-called Christians. None were following Jesus' teachings by the way. But murderous Muslims do follow Muhammad's teachings."

Hasaan: "I have done my own research on Muhummad  :pbuh: . If had not done it, I would remain silent on the subject. I know that these so-called Christians were not following Christ's teachings. I have nothing but good things to say about Jesus Christ and his teachings. He was a mighty messenger of God. How are we going with the evidence that Muhummad  :pbuh: swore, cursed people and killed Jews? Are you ever going to present your evidence, or will you now admit that you lied about it? Jesus didn't lie, why do you?"

ilsinglemom3: "From what it looks like here. I am not lying. You are. Muslims are encouraged to lie about Muhammad or not admit the truth. That is why CAIR and other dangerous groups want Americans and the West ignorant about Islam by using political correctness and brainwashing us through education and the law. But we got sources, including the internet... as long as this country remains free. But Muslims r trying 2 undo that 2 by bringing in "special rights" for them and eventually Sharia law for all of us."

Hasaan: "What a disgrace. You have still not provided ANY evidence for your claims that Muhammad  :pbuh: swore, cursed people or killed Jews. Now you have made an equally dishonest claim that Muslims are encouraged to lie and not admit to the truth. Where is the evidence for this? Give us references! You are compounding your shame by offering more lies."

ilsinglemom3: "I don't have time to look up info but I am seeing news, new laws, petitions, biographies, political books, documentaries, etc. to back up my claims. I am not saying all Muslims are bad but I am saying Islam is bad. That is all I have to say to you."

Hasaan: "

Muhammad  :pbuh:"swore" - a lie that you told and cannot prove to be true.

Muhammad  :pbuh: "cursed people" - a lie that you told and cannot prove to be true.

Muhammad  :pbuh: "killed Jews" - a lie that you told and cannot prove to be true.

Muslims are "encouraged to tell lies and conceal the truth" - an absurd lie that is popular among bigots and has no basis.

You say you don't have time to provide evidence to back up your lies. It's because you're too busy spreading more lies on other videos! What a shameful bigot!"

ilsinglemom3: "You can start in the Koran. That is good enough for most people. Peace."

Hasaan: "Telling me to look in the Qur'an is not providing proof for your lies. I doubt you've even read the Qur'an. If you had, you would know that it is not a book of stories, not a biography of Muhammad  :pbuh: , not a documentation of his manners or actions. You couldn't possibly use the Qur'an to find any evidence for the lies you have been telling! You would need to look into the biography of Muhammad  :pbuh: , written by those who lived when he lived, saw what he did, heard what he said. You are a manifest liar!"

ilsinglemom then left the conversation for good, and went to another video to post more lies.

ilsinglemom3: "Your description of Islam does not look anything like the reality. Give me a break! Islam is not just a religion but a lifestyle that is involved in everything from politics to how you dress and eat. As a woman I would warn other western women about dating a Muslim man or converting to Islam. It is a macho's man religion. Not for women."

Hasaan: "What would you know? You haven't read a single book about it, you let others read for you. You make grandiose and generalised statements that come out of your head, you naturally can't back them up with proof. You make personal attacks on those who ask you for proof and you give no proof! You are a liar, a coward and a bigot. Jesus would hate you for those three qualities alone! You think Muslims will go to hell? You'd better hope you're wrong, because you'll be in there too!"

ilsinglemom3: "You really have nothing better to do than to stalk someone like me? I don't know what is your problem but you need psychological help. I am here to save souls while Satan is using you for the opposite. Take care of your soul first. You need it to save yourself."

Hasaan: 

"You're here to save souls?

How? By lying to them, abusing them, saying stuff like "Oh I think you must be on welfare..."

You are sick of me preaching to you? Okay here's the deal - you stop visiting every anti-Islamic video on Youtube and making stupid comments, lying about Islam even though you know ZERO about it and I'll stop replying to your crap. But if you want to continue then get used to me."

lsinglemom3: "Sorry but I will continue because this is a free country and if you want to continue talking to me with your demonic words go ahead. I am going to ignore you. You are a typical zealot Muslim that doesn't believe in free speech and probably hate women too. Good luck to you. Islam is the worst religion in the world and Christianity is the best. I intend to tell the world about that."

Hasaan: "And I couldn't care how "free" you think your country is, I don't live in it, and I thank GOD that I don't live in it."

ilsinglemom3: "Good! It is the first honest thing you said so far. No freedom-loving person would want you here anyway."

she went to another video about Australian Muslims leaving Islam and commented there:

ilsinglemom3: "This is why Muslims r so dangerous. Anyone who think that they don't do anything wrong can't see why Jesus is the best thing that ever happened in mankind. It takes a perfect, pure lamb 2 butcher in order to 4give every sin(even the most despicable) ever committed in the world. Only Jesus could do that. The son of God, who is sinless. Jesus came in flesh from heaven to be our mentor and role model too. Then only Christians in Jesus can have the power of the holy spirit to do the will of God."

Hasaan: "What a joke. You go here and there, abusing Islam, abusing Muslims, attacking Muhammed  :pbuh: , and then you hope that Muslims will convert to Christianity - that they will be attracted to something that you think you have as an alternative to Islam. A dirt sandwich is better than what you people have to offer! Jesus wasn't the son of God, and he can't be a role model because there is no accurate record of how he lived, how he spoke, what he did. Only the Bible, which is corrupt and inaccurate."

I know it may seem like a waste of time to argue with such a person, but as a result of this exchange, ilsinglemom has stopped commenting on videos about Islam and is instead into documentaries about gay rights and music videos.

MuslimVillage is lots of fun! It can be addictive!

Many of us have made life-long friends here and it has totally transformed the lives of many!

Please, to maximise your enjoyment here, read the Forum Rules, Terms and Conditions.

#3 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

I know it may seem like a waste of time to argue with such a person, but as a result of this exchange, ilsinglemom has stopped commenting on videos about Islam and is instead into documentaries about gay rights and music videos.

Lol

well done, subhanAllah. sometimes it really gets to me I'll not argue but  just flag spammer  or report. :ermm:

That which brings you closer to Allah (swt), is the greatest blessing of all.

#4 Arshad Mawla

Arshad Mawla
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Subhanallah. I learnt a lot from your post. It was really good how you dealt with the problem. I guess that is a common thing done by anti-Islam people. The main problem is that they don't research themselves. They think the media has all the info they need. They read one verse of the Quran OUT OF CONTEXT and then claim they have read AND understood. They just don't want to see logic.

#5 Hasaan Moyle

Hasaan Moyle

Smooth Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

What they want to do is hurt you because they think that "The Muslims" have somehow hurt them.

They want to provoke you into getting angry, using foul speech and making violent threats.

Then, once your anger has brought out the worst in you, they will say "See? Typical Muslim: hate speech, bad language and violent. See why I hate them?"

Many of us have made life-long friends here and it has totally transformed the lives of many!

Please, to maximise your enjoyment here, read the Forum Rules, Terms and Conditions.

#6 koalaboi

koalaboi
  • Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Hi Hasaan and everyone,

I come from an Aboriginal lore position and I am taught to basically ignore that sort of stuff. To engage with these people is to give away your power.  So don't.

Not easy but on the 'net they're just cowards hiding behind anonymity. The truth is that when back biting bullies are face to face with you, they have nothing to say.

They have nothing,.. who needs their approval, apologies or respect? Why give their views credibility by responding?

When it happens, it rankles at the time, it gets under your skin and we really feel angry and want payback but if you simply walk away from it you get over it pretty quickly!

KB

#7 Hasaan Moyle

Hasaan Moyle

Smooth Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

I advocate engagement with these people because it turns their hate speech against them by providing an opportunity for clear refutation of common fallacies and misunderstandings. 

As I said though, these arguments are POINTLESS in private.

I prefer to target videos on YouTube with a large number of views and very frequent comments. I want an audience to speak to.

The law of averages works in your favour. If only one in one hundred people takes benefit from my words that is fine. I'll monitor a 'hot' video for a few weeks, ensuring that my short and concise message is repeated over and over and that my comments are always within the first three recent posts.

I don't get rankled or upset, nor do I get upset at the stuff written on the doors of public toilets. 

I just say, "No, that's a lie. Here is the truth..."

It's important to be provocative though... keep them posting and get them frustrated. They deserve it. Keep telling them:

1. "You are a liar."
  2. "You are a bigot." (don't use the word 'racist' when they are prejudiced against Muslims)
  3. "You have no evidence."
  4. "You made that up."

#8 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

good points :thumbsup: like seriously don't get me started with public toilet doors  :doh: such fools :mellow:

By the way HM that is one cool profile pic lol Smooooth Moderatorrrrrr love the sunnies  :P should add 'The Terminator" 

I think I should put one up too  B-)  what do you think :wolf: give me a name :ph34r:

#9 Hasaan Moyle

Hasaan Moyle

Smooth Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

They are not 'sunnies' they are 3D glasses from the Australian National Museum in Canberra.

I wear them when I drive so that I can see EVERYTHING in 3D.

What an amazing experience, especially at night!

Seriously, my life will never be the same again.

#10 koalaboi

koalaboi
  • Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

Hi Hasaan,

I've always enjoyed your posts but honestly, I am thinking you may be offline here. Now my disclaimer: I am not a muslim. And, at times you need to make a stand...but with anonymous idiots on the net?

Is namecalling actually going to make difference (apart from satisfying your own ego)?

Perhaps it takes you down to their level?

Maybe it's important to be dismissive rather than provocative.

I come at this argument from a general position: there are always people out there ready to take you down; who have nothing themselves. They are black holes...continually sucking the positivie life force of everyone around them to bolster their own egos but giving nothing back in return. All of us experience these people in our personal and professional lives.

Reacting to them is feeding them.

Sure, take on issues of racism, discrimination etc where they count. But don't feed bottom feeding idiots looking for little more than a reaction. You're giving them credibility.

"It's important to be provocative though... keep them posting and get them frustrated. They deserve it. Keep telling them:

1. "You are a liar."
  2. "You are a bigot." (don't use the word 'racist' when they are prejudiced against Muslims)
  4. "You made that up."

KB

#11 Hasaan Moyle

Hasaan Moyle

Smooth Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

I don't see it that way.

In the end, it's not about the hater, it's about the audience he is attracting.

As I said before, you aren't going to change the mind of the idiot, but he/she is providing a point of reference for the audience.

The clear, clean and truthful words of the Muslim contrasted against the foul, illogical and unsubstantiated slander of the hater.

CleanDirtyWater.jpg

#12 Absolute truth

Absolute truth
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

The best method is to speak the truth and correct falsehoods without getting emotional. Demand evidence over and over and don't be afraid to call people bigots if they are bigoted and liars when they tell lies.

1. Use clear, well-written sentences, use correct spelling and punctuation and avoid using textese. Let your enemy do that.
  2. If they curse and use foul language, GOOD. This works in your favour if you speak words that are straightforward and clean. They look cheap, you look like The Quality.
  3. Keep your responses short, relevant and to the point. If you have much to say, save it for future responses. Don't hit them with a long post they won't read.
  4. Only debate in the open with a large online audience. Don't waste your time with private arguments. You can't change the mind of your enemy, but your words could potentially reach hundreds of open-minded people who are out there searching for answers.
I know it may seem like a waste of time to argue with such a person, but as a result of this exchange, ilsinglemom has stopped commenting on videos about Islam and is instead into documentaries about *** rights and music videos.

MashaaAllah :)

#13 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

They are not 'sunnies' they are 3D glasses from the Australian National Museum in Canberra.

I wear them when I drive so that I can see EVERYTHING in 3D.

What an amazing experience, especially at night!

Seriously, my life will never be the same again.

Lol how cool, do you have any spares? B-)  :ermm:

I nearly had car accident this morning, the sun was so glaring shine right into my eyes and I did not see the oncoming truck on my right at the roundabout. SubhanAllah.

Anyway, my time is not up yet Alhamdullillah  :)

Hi Hasaan,

I've always enjoyed your posts but honestly, I am thinking you may be offline here. Now my disclaimer: I am not a muslim. And, at times you need to make a stand...but with anonymous idiots on the net?

Is namecalling actually going to make difference (apart from satisfying your own ego)?

Perhaps it takes you down to their level?

Maybe it's important to be dismissive rather than provocative.

I come at this argument from a general position: there are always people out there ready to take you down; who have nothing themselves. They are black holes...continually sucking the positivie life force of everyone around them to bolster their own egos but giving nothing back in return. All of us experience these people in our personal and professional lives.

Reacting to them is feeding them.

Sure, take on issues of racism, discrimination etc where they count. But don't feed bottom feeding idiots looking for little more than a reaction. You're giving them credibility.

"It's important to be provocative though... keep them posting and get them frustrated. They deserve it. Keep telling them:

1. "You are a liar."
  2. "You are a bigot." (don't use the word 'racist' when they are prejudiced against Muslims)
  4. "You made that up."

KB

:thumbsup:

#14 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

Hi Hasaan and everyone,

I come from an Aboriginal lore position and I am taught to basically ignore that sort of stuff. To engage with these people is to give away your power.  So don't.

Not easy but on the 'net they're just cowards hiding behind anonymity. The truth is that when back biting bullies are face to face with you, they have nothing to say.

They have nothing,.. who needs their approval, apologies or respect? Why give their views credibility by responding?

When it happens, it rankles at the time, it gets under your skin and we really feel angry and want payback but if you simply walk away from it you get over it pretty quickly!

KB

Yes Ill get annoyed and frustrated at times when I saw ignorant comments about Islam on youtube, I guess coming from a convert Br Hassan is very patient man and have the knowledge to argue with them. Sometimes we do need a patient, knowledgeable Muslims to rectify the matter.  :)

There's a hadith sayings of our Prophet (pbuh) “Whomsoever is questioned about a matter of knowledge and withholds it will be branded with a brand of fire on the Day of Judgment.”(At-Tirmidhi) and the scholars have stated that it is a major sin for a person who possesses knowledge to withhold it from those who request it of them and they base this on the following proofs:

Those who conceal the clear (Signs) We have sent down, and the Guidance, after We have made it clear for the people in the Book,-on them shall be Allah's curse, and the curse of those entitled to curse. (al-Baqarah 159-160)

Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islâm), enjoining Al-Ma'rûf (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism and all that Islâm orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islâm has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful. (3:104)

On the authority of Abu Sa`id (radhiallahu `anhu) that the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam said, "Whoever sees something evil should change it with his hand. If he cannot, then with his tongue; and if he cannot do even that, then in his heart. That is the weakest degree of faith." (Muslim)

#15 faisal233

faisal233
  • Probation
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

I always appreciate this sort of post because nowadays people using fake id and try to irritate others on the internet.

Islamic android apps

#16 OpenMindedAussieGirl

OpenMindedAussieGirl
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

Hey there all,
I just want to start off by mentioning that I am not Muslim and am sorry to say that at the moment my knowledge on the Islamic faith and its rich culture is pretty limited (but not for long!). As part of my uni degree I finally get to study the interesting views, faith and culture the Muslim communities have to offer, and so came on here to get some insight from the general community. I wanted to say that i have to agree with the you all and Hasaan Moyle on this topic. 

As an 'outsider' to the Islamic faith, I have to say that approaching such bigots and liars with logic and reason is the best way to go. If i was a Muslim hater who decided to throw out lies about Muslims across the internet, I would be embarrassed, shamed and submit to defeat if I was approached by such reasoning. 
However i have to disagree with the statements you made towards the fact that jesus
 " wasn't the son of God, and he can't be a role model because there is no accurate record of how he lived, how he spoke, what he did. Only the Bible, which is corrupt and inaccurate. I have to say, its a little hypocritical to be defending the ways of your religion with reason, before then turning and arguing that another religion is a lie and all that what its based on is corrupt. I understand that this bigot might have aggravated you, but to a religious fanatic, it does just look as though your supporting their view that Muslims are aggressive towards other religions (which I know is a lie, but some poor narrow minded people think this is the case). 
I know Christianity has one heck of a screwed up history (and trust me, I'm not christian), but the Bible is as sacred as the Qur'an to Christians. I know many suicidal/depressed people; bullied and abused for being different as young boys or girls in their schools, who sought some refuge, and found friends and a meaning to their life through Christianity, who would be hurt by such a comment. Christianity may have its fanatics and extremists much like yours, however you cannot judge the religion based on such people. In all honesty, I view all religions through their similarities, through their appreciation of community, love and to share their knowledge to the world.

I want to bring up an example of (non-christian) bigots; My father is the most stereotypical Australian anyone will ever meet. He loves to share a beer with his hard working friends after breaking a sweat from the tough labors of his day. He greets all his mates with a friendly 'G'day' and spends his spare time fixing up his prized cars and lending a hand to anyone who needs some help. 

However due to the absence of an education in many foreign (to Australia) cultures such as the Muslim culture and practices, he has inevitably become a bigot and ignorant liar about the Islamic faith and Muslim people. 
I have always been ashamed by his wildly innacurrate claims, such as: 
-'how muslims are set on coming over to Australia and taking down our country from the inside', 
-'how muslims are all the same. They want to convert everyone to their faith and make others submit to their will in order to slowly take over all challenging faiths and communities' 
- and 'how Muslim men just want a Australian bride to take advantage of and suppress, submitting them to the dangers of their extremest faith and acts of terrorism'.
Now first of all i want to highlight that i know this all to be FALSE. I know that Muslims aren't as my father depicts them to be, and I hate all narrow minded people who are happy to exclaim these horrible notions and lies. 

I am friends with many wonderful people at my university who are part of the Islamic faith, and want to show you all that as a non-Muslim Australian myself, that I stand against such bigots and lies.
I want you all to know that such people do not represent the general public of Australia. That while the media express their opinions on Muslims in hurtful ways, slandering many Muslims as terrorist etc, these views are only created for the purpose of invoking fear to gain power and money by the media companies themselves. 
I want you all to know that many of the well educated and recent generations stand with you all, and hope for everyone to just get along. 
NO religion should be slandered like that, and NO religion can be represented by the extremists we see much off today. 

So if you're ever bullied (physically,verbally or on the internet) for being Mulsim or practicing your faith, please remember what I've said. 
We love you guys! you all just go along like the rest of us, practicing your faith, upholding your beliefs, and trying to defend yourselves against radically religious people that consider you all their 'other' or 'opposite', which is vastly false. If anything you all practice the same values as any other religion, to love, care, and embrace knowledge and difference in your own ways. 

So I hope I shed some light on what some well educated Australians truly believe, and that you all remember that this country Welcomes you as an addition to their gorgeous cultural variety. 
:)

#17 Naaz786

Naaz786
  • Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Wow brother, excellent rebuttals.

A gold medal for you.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users