19 replies to this topic

#1 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

Went to Rye Last Weekend

Awesome view from the hilltop house overlooking the ocean, watching the spirit of tasmania and sorrento ferry passed by :) while washing the dishes Lol. Sorry my photography not that good using my Iphone. Will try to get more good ones fm my friends Nikon and Canon cameras :sad:

Attached File  IMG_7713.JPG   1.64MB   7 downloads

Attached File  IMG_7727.JPG   1.61MB   6 downloads

Attached File  IMG_7927.JPG   1.72MB   11 downloads

fishing

the moment we caught the fish, the birds snapped it :) Attached File  IMG_7894.JPG   1.58MB   11 downloads

on the way back passed the Frankston Waterfront Attached File  IMG_7951.JPG   1.77MB   11 downloads
That which brings you closer to Allah (swt), is the greatest blessing of all.

#2 Sibawayh

Sibawayh
  • Brothers
  • 686 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

fishing

the moment we caught the fish, the birds snapped it :) Attached File  IMG_7894.JPG   1.58MB   11 downloads

Sure, blame the birds for incompetent fishing skills. B-)

By the way, can you recommend other Melbourne tourist attractions? I am heading there during the Easter long weekend with the family to visit my folks who live near Dandenong.

إذا كان هذا كافرا جاء ذمه
وتبت يداه في الجحيم مخلدا
أتى أنه في يوم الإثنين دائما
يخفف عنه لسرور بأحمد
وما الظن بعبد الذي طول عمره
بأحمد مسرورا و مات موحدا

#3 Mounir

Mounir

Every Technique is Unique

• Moderators
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

LOL poor fish was in a lose lose situation.
Allah is One and loves unity

#4 Nouhed 'Nev'

Nouhed 'Nev'
  • Brothers
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

I am not from Melbourne, however I can recommend:

- street art / graffiti in the laneways, also if you have a good walk around you'll find cafes and restaurants in other lanes and alleys
- Koko Black hot chocolate in Royal Arcade
- Queen Victoria markets, it also has a Koko Black however that one only sells chocolates
- NGV @ Fed Square is good, although I have not been to the main NGV building on the other side of the river
- in Fitzroy there is a pool/billiards hall that is not licensed, so no alcohol around instead a quiet pool hall that serves coffee
- briefly went to St Kilda beach and South Melbourne beach, they have a nice view however nothing too special
- Ferguson Plarre bakehouse Coburg

I imagine there's more however that's off the top of my head, someone else can recommend something better

By the way, can you recommend other Melbourne tourist attractions? I am heading there during the Easter long weekend with the family to visit my folks who live near Dandenong.

#5 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

LOL, I could highly recommend on that side of town, this is just top off my head, Ill add more if I could think more clearly.Does it have to be in Dandenong area and it's close vicinity?

Phillip Island, see Penguin Parades at sunset, Cowes Beach awesome park for the whole family,Adventure Playground (entry fee), the mornington peninsula, Frankston Waterfront, see the sunset near the jetty, check out the sandcastles :) and there is also a nearby Botanical Garden, beautiful park away from the 'naked' ppl where you can hv yr BBQ, there's nice lake and playground for kids, I did went on the slide and swings :ermm:

Koko Black hot chocolate in Royal Arcade - Queen Victoria markets, it also has a Koko Black however that one only sells chocolates -

I know there's one Koko Black on Lygon St Carlton, I love their hot chocolates there however they've changed management I think, they're serving alcohol :sad:

#6 Sibawayh

Sibawayh
  • Brothers
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

I am not from Melbourne, however I can recommend:

- street art / graffiti in the laneways, also if you have a good walk around you'll find cafes and restaurants in other lanes and alleys
- Koko Black hot chocolate in Royal Arcade
- Queen Victoria markets, it also has a Koko Black however that one only sells chocolates
- NGV @ Fed Square is good, although I have not been to the main NGV building on the other side of the river
- in Fitzroy there is a pool/billiards hall that is not licensed, so no alcohol around instead a quiet pool hall that serves coffee
- briefly went to St Kilda beach and South Melbourne beach, they have a nice view however nothing too special
- Ferguson Plarre bakehouse Coburg

I imagine there's more however that's off the top of my head, someone else can recommend something better

I have a family of three kids youngest of whom is 2 years old. Those options do not appear to suit a family's requirement.

يخفف عنه لسرور بأحمد
بأحمد مسرورا و مات موحدا

#7 Sibawayh

Sibawayh
  • Brothers
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

LOL, I could highly recommend on that side of town, this is just top off my head, Ill add more if I could think more clearly.Does it have to be in Dandenong area and it's close vicinity?

Phillip Island, see Penguin Parades at sunset, Cowes Beach awesome park for the whole family,Adventure Playground (entry fee), the mornington peninsula, Frankston Waterfront, see the sunset near the jetty, check out the sandcastles :) and there is also a nearby Botanical Garden, beautiful park away from the 'naked' ppl where you can hv yr BBQ, there's nice lake and playground for kids, I did went on the slide and swings :ermm:

I know there's one Koko Black on Lygon St Carlton, I love their hot chocolates there however they've changed management I think, they're serving alcohol :sad:

Thanks for that.

I think next time I'll holiday in Sydney, a much better city. B-)

I'm only going to Melbourne to visit family otherwise I'd go to Adelaide or Perth, much better cities. B-)

يخفف عنه لسرور بأحمد
بأحمد مسرورا و مات موحدا

#8 coachMusa

coachMusa

Former Member

• Brothers
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:10 AM

B-)
Wal'hamdhu'lil'lah aw'wal'lan wa akh'he'ran ||||| Alhumdulilla'ala'kulli'hal |||| How did you come to Islam?

#9 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

Last weekend went to http://www.justinsidethegate.com.au/ awesome place but no aircond and microwave. :(

We went to Tidal River, Cape Liptrap, Walkerville Sth (private beach) enjoy swimming in there:)

#10 Jobis

Jobis
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

It’s really awesome I like it. I never ever visited there but I am willing to explore it soon

#11 souLja

souLja
  • Moderators
  • 8,836 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

If you find yourself in Melbourne, best thing to do is to get on the Hume Highway and head north to Sydney :)
Be thirsty heart, seek forever without a rest. Let this soundless longing hidden deep inside you be the source of every word you say- Rumi

#12 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

^ Excuse me :angry: create your own Sydney thread :ermm:

Loving the spring In Melbourne. Awesome flowers blooming with birds happy chirping :wub: go to the Botanical Gardens in Werribee and see for yourself. :) :wub:

#13 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

Mt Buller awesomeness :) :wub:

Posted Image

#14 Nour1

Nour1

Walk behind those you are leading

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

If you find yourself in Melbourne, best thing to do is to get on the Hume Highway and head north to Sydney :)

:slowclap:
ما لذتُ العيشِ الا صحبةُ الفقراء، هم السلاطينُ، و الساداتُ، و الأمراء

#15 nicol65

nicol65
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

Hi dear, can you suggest other Victoria vacationers attractions? I am going there during the Easter time long few days with members of the family members to check out my people who stay near Dandenong.

#16 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Thanks for that.

I'm only going to Melbourne to visit family otherwise I'd go to Adelaide or Perth, much better cities. B-)

I was in Sydney recently, basically less than 12 hours, how sad is that :ermm:  but worth it though, attended an awesome blessed event which Sydney-siders don't even know it  :ermm:

#17 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,399 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Hi dear, can you suggest other Victoria vacationers attractions? I am going there during the Easter time long few days with members of the family members to check out my people who stay near Dandenong.

Hi Nicol

I came to this thread too to get some ideas for my next getaway for this long weekend Labour Holidays.

Sometimes I would search through this link RACV or Stayz or TakeABreak  :wub:

#18 zamadesigns

zamadesigns
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

It is really awesome ,I also want to go there.

#19 attaullah36

attaullah36
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Eureka skydeck and the great ocean road (around 250km from melb city but worth it).

#20 Hafiz Amir Aslam

Hafiz Amir Aslam
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:49 PM

Melbourne is the capital and most populous city in the state of Victoria, and second most populous city in Australia. Next month I am going to visit this place.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users