ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:12 PM

OMGGG!!! :o

its soooo cute :ermm:
first time eva having an animal.

um... if you have any tips please let me know. I have bot her soft food n the hard food. i was told to feed it the mix for the week.
um... wat heigenic stuff shud i be weary of? for prayer etc.... do i need to make sure i change clothings before prayer? shud the cat be allowed on ma bed? etc...give advices plzzz. :ermm:
--If Religion was Object Oriented Language (eg: C++) then Islam would be equivalant to Base Class and a Muslim would be an Inferface Object.

--There is no greater act than trying to explore what is greater. 

#2 platypuspieau1

platypuspieau1

Is troll. Is banned.

• Banned
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:14 PM

aaawwww - pics please

make sure it has a big bowl of fresh water every day or you'll come home & find paw prints on the toilet seat
take it to vet & have checked out & given kitty flu shots
flea season is here so get advice on flea control
get it speyed as soon as old enuff
change litter tray often - it will poop elsewhere if the tray is not clean enuff
if you don't want it on your bed, get it a kitty igloo with a hotwater bottle wrapped in a blanket with an old clock inside so it think its sleeping with a warm body with a heartbeat

i ignored this advice when i was very young & ended up with trouble & more kittens

Posted Image
Justice now for the Flaming Jihadis of West Preston!

#3 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:16 PM

^ soon!! inshallah!
--If Religion was Object Oriented Language (eg: C++) then Islam would be equivalant to Base Class and a Muslim would be an Inferface Object.

#4 dachlostar

dachlostar
  • Sisters
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:20 PM

Feed it the kitten food because kittens have different nutritional requirements to adult cats.

Is it microchipped? And vaccinated? If not get it done especially if it will be outside.

Ideally it should still be with its mother until 12 weeks - can you give it back for a month and pick it up then?
"stupidity isn't a Shariah-countenanced reason to shed inviolable human blood" Sh. Faraz Rabbani

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight" — Albert Schweitzer

#5 Dishdash

Dishdash

is loving Salafi cowboys.

• Brothers
  • 9,510 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:20 PM

So you did your research first then hey?!

Everyone knows that cats are forbidden. Simply saying the word cat nullifies your wudu. The touch of a cat will require you to make wudu 77 times and you must fast for 8 days straight. Should you accidentally lick or taste a cat (I've seen it happen)... well, you don't want to know, honestly you don't. But it involves an axe and your being in an area that is private so your awrah will not offend anyone and your screams will not disturb anyone.

Cats Ocean... seriously, what were you thinking........
Islamaphobaphobe.

Every soul shall taste death.
Every soul should taste wara enib.

#6 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:21 PM

Feed it the kitten food because kittens have different nutritional requirements to adult cats.

Is it microchipped? And vaccinated? If not get it done especially if it will be outside.

Ideally it should still be with its mother until 12 weeks - can you give it back for a month and pick it up then?

yes i got the soft can food n the packaged food i was given from pet shop where i bot it.
they had it vaccinated n microchipped. and its not possible to give it back n i wudnt want to :ermm: its my kitty now :ermm:

#7 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:22 PM

Everyone knows that cats are forbidden. Simply saying the word cat nullifies your wudu. The touch of a cat will require you to make wudu 77 times and you must fast for 8 days straight. Should you accidentally lick or taste a cat (I've seen it happen)... well, you don't want to know, honestly you don't. But it involves an axe and your being in an area that is private so your awrah will not offend anyone and your screams will not disturb anyone.

i realy i am not sure what u r talking about :blink:
english please??

#8 Dishdash

Dishdash

• Brothers
  • 9,510 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:23 PM

yes i got the soft can food n the packaged food i was given from pet shop where i bot it.
they had it vaccinated n microchipped. and its not possible to give it back n i wudnt want to :ermm: its my kitty now :ermm:

You're feeding it too? Astirghfirullah...

I did mean to ask. Does bot mean bought?
Islamaphobaphobe.

#9 Bint Halal

Bint Halal

DAM3ET 7OZN

• Former Member
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:24 PM

stick too baby goats :D
Don't tell people not to tell you certain things, because they'll tell you exactly what you told them not to tell you!

Always Guilty before the sin, I can't win!

Khaybar, Khaybar yaa yahood, jayshu Muhammad sawfa ya’ood

#10 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:26 PM

You're feeding it too? Astirghfirullah...

I did mean to ask. Does bot mean bought?

wats wrong with you DD?
arnt u fasting?

#11 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:26 PM

stick too baby goats :D

huh?

#12 Dishdash

Dishdash

• Brothers
  • 9,510 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:31 PM

I don't think he gets it MotP. I have spell check on this computer, so I probably can't put it into words that he'll understand - can you help me?!

Hehe! Ocean dude, by asking for the fiqh AFTER you've bought 'bot' the moggy is like asking if the chicken burger is halal after chewing it...
Islamaphobaphobe.

#13 fatma

fatma
  • Members
  • 4,398 posts

Dont listen to the DD ! that is great that u got a kitty, i love them, i have 2 :dance:

#14 omnichrono

omnichrono

♂ The Lost Boy ♂

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

As salaam alaykum,

Congratulations on your new kitty and I hope you will share its name with us. Eight weeks old is fine enough for a cat you do not need to wait twelve weeks, as long as you know it is eating solid food already rather than still in its suckling stage. For food you generally want to give it soft(wet) food that is specific for kittens which you can give it once a day on top of the bowl of dry food which you generally just want to make sure is full most of the time. You definately want to make sure both your wet and dry food are kitten specific and not for adult cats as this can do more harm then good in a growing kitten. For hygene issues the biggest concern will be the hair of the kitten and especially when it gets older, it can dirty everything and also is unhealthy to breathe in as most animal furs are. The second slight concern would be pet dander which is not necassarily any harder to clean up then the cat fur if you are thorough. All and all I wish you the best with your first animal and kitten and insha'Allah it will grow up and be your companion for many wonderful years to come :).
╔═══╗ ♪ ♬ Tala'al-Badru 'alayna ♩♪♫♬
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ♫ ♪
╚═══╝♪♪

#15 Bint Halal

Bint Halal

DAM3ET 7OZN

• Former Member
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:33 PM

huh?

Ocean kittens hair is Najis (impure) - one reason why they are haram to have.

Dogs saliva is najis - one reason why they are haram.

Goats - the prophets sahabas all had goats as pets ( please correct me if i am wrong)
Don't tell people not to tell you certain things, because they'll tell you exactly what you told them not to tell you!

#16 dachlostar

dachlostar
  • Sisters
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:33 PM

If it eats your uncovered meat that is the fault of the meat - do not blame kitty.
"stupidity isn't a Shariah-countenanced reason to shed inviolable human blood" Sh. Faraz Rabbani

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight" — Albert Schweitzer

#17 fatma

fatma
  • Members
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

:lol: :lol:

#18 dachlostar

dachlostar
  • Sisters
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:36 PM

Ocean kittens hair is Najis (impure) - one reason why they are haram to have.

MOTP, have you heard the story of Muezza?

#19 BilalB

BilalB
  • Brothers
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:37 PM

wow i wonder what a Bot Kitty looks like, is it like those computer bots in games.
̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡

#20 Bint Halal

Bint Halal

DAM3ET 7OZN

• Former Member
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

No sis ???

#21 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:43 PM

I don't think he gets it MotP. I have spell check on this computer, so I probably can't put it into words that he'll understand - can you help me?!

Hehe! Ocean dude, by asking for the fiqh AFTER you've bought 'bot' the moggy is like asking if the chicken burger is halal after chewing it...

i didnt think having a kitten was haram! is there any clear hadith on it? i know there are plenty about dogs! do u get it? or do i need to turn spell check on? <_<
all i was asking is that if i need to be mindful of my prayers n clothings n how segragated must i have the animal from my beds n etc.

#22 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:45 PM

share with us please? :ermm:

#23 Bint Halal

Bint Halal

DAM3ET 7OZN

• Former Member
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:45 PM

No sis ???

Gotcha sis.

The most famous story about Muezza recounts how the call to prayer was given, and as Muhammad went to put on one of his robes, he found his cat sleeping on one of the sleeves, and instead of disturbing the cat he cut off the sleeve and let him sleep

I also found this.. Maybe DishDash was talking about the below?

Hadith - Dawud, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah Posted Image

The Prophet Posted Image forbade payment for cat.

#24 dachlostar

dachlostar
  • Sisters
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:46 PM

wow i wonder what a Bot Kitty looks like, is it like those computer bots in games.

Posted Image

resitanz is futile.

#25 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

Gotcha sis. Just read it.

I also found this.. Maybe DishDash was talking about the below?

Hadith - Dawud, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah Posted Image

The Prophet Posted Image forbade payment for cat.

how else was i ment to get it this day n age? steal it from the shop? <_<

#26 Bint Halal

Bint Halal

DAM3ET 7OZN

• Former Member
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

um get it from some one who has just had kittens and is giving it away?

#27 MrWarraEnib

MrWarraEnib

Member to Remember!!!!

• Brothers
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

Ocean it's bought
We are one, but we are many,
And from all the groups of Islam we come,
We share a belief,
And pray to one god,
I am, You are, We are Australian Muslims

www.abdulbasitonline.com :)

#28 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:21 PM

^ no its bot for me <_<

#29 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

um get it from some one who has just had kittens and is giving it away?

like who :ermm:
u shuda told me before. this things costed me a fortune together with accessories.

#30 dachlostar

dachlostar
  • Sisters
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

It's illegal to give away a cat without microchipping and most responsible people vaccinate and worm them too so often you're paying for the microchipping etc not the cat.

What accesories did you get for the cat? What is the well dressed kitty wearing this season? Poor old Mr Bigglesworth is still scratching his toes on an '06 scratching pole (and I won't even mention the collar) - no wonder he's been a bit stroppy lately.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users