Photo

Red Moon, Cold Summer Make For Strange Times

Salat-Al-Kusuf

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brother In Islam

Brother In Islam

The Believers are but a single Brotherhood. Alhumdullah.

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 11:27 AM

The moon will turn red just before midnight tomorrow….a good opportunity to perform Salat-Al-Kusuf inshallah...

Red moon, cold summer make for strange times

Stephanie Gardiner

December 9, 2011 - 10:27AM
Sydneysiders will be seeing red this weekend, and not just because the cool weather and showers are expected to continue into the third week of summer.
The moon will turn red just before midnight tomorrow, in a total lunar eclipse as the moon passes through the Earth's shadow.

"People will see the shadow of the Earth moving across the moon, and, for 52 minutes, witness the usually milky white moon turn a blood-red rusty colour," Sydney Observatory's Geoffrey Wyatt said.
It will be the second total lunar eclipse this year, following another one in May, and will be the last one until 2014.

Australia's east coast will be one of the best places in the world to see the eclipse.
"It's a long, gradual, yet spectacular event," Mr Wyatt said.

And - after several rainy, grey days - Sydneysiders should make the most of the sunshine this morning as showers and thunderstorms are forecast over the weekend.

Bureau of Meteorology climatologist Acacia Pepler said the maximum temperature was not expected to rise above 25 degrees for the next week.

Ms Pepler said those mild temperatures would set a summer record.
"At the moment if it stays 25 or below until next Thursday, that will be the first time we've had 15 consecutive days below 25 in summer since 1999."

She said such a long run of cool summer days had happened only nine times on record.
The bureau's website says the temperature would reach 23 degrees tomorrow and 25 degrees on Sunday, with scattered showers and thunderstorms predicted.

From Monday the top temperature would be 22 degrees before the mercury drops to 21 on Thursday.

The cool temperatures were being caused by a mixture of wind and cloud, Ms Pepler said.
"For the last while, we've been having southerly winds ... bringing the cooler winds from the ocean.
"That's not helped by cloud cover, which keeps the maximum low."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz1fznA0mIr

Hadith narrations about the eclipse (kusuf):

Narrated 'Aisha :

In the life-time of Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) the sun eclipsed, so he led the people in prayer, and stood up and performed a long Qiyam, then bowed for a long while. He stood up again and performed a long Qiyam but this time the period of standing was shorter than the first. He bowed again for a long time but shorter than the first one, then he prostrated and prolonged the prostration. He did the same in the second Raka as he did in the first and then finished the prayer; by then the sun (eclipse) had cleared. He delivered the Khutba (sermon) and after praising and glorifying Allah he said, "The sun and the moon are two signs against the signs of Allah; they do not eclipse on the death or life of anyone. So when you see the eclipse, remember Allah (thikr) and say Takbir, pray and give Sadaqa (charity)." The Prophet then said, "O followers of Muhammad! By Allah! There is none who has more ghaira (self-respect) than Allah as He has forbidden that His slaves, male or female commit adultery. O followers of Muhammad! By Allah! If you knew that which I know you would laugh little and weep much.

(Bukhari)

Narrated Asma' bint Abu Bakr:

I came to 'Aisha the wife of the Prophet during the solar eclipse. The people were standing and offering the prayer and she was also praying. I asked her, "What is wrong with the people?" She beckoned with her hand towards the sky and said, "Subhan Allah." I asked her, "Is there a sign?" She pointed out, "Yes." So I, too, stood for the prayer till I fell unconscious and later on I poured water on my head. After the prayer, Allah's Apostle praised and glorified Allah and said, "Just now I have seen something which I never saw before at this place of mine, including Paradise and Hell. I have been inspired (and have understood) that you will be put to trials in your graves and these trials will be like the trials of Ad-Dajjal, or nearly like it (the sub narrator is not sure of what Asma' said). Angels will come to every one of you and ask, 'What do you know about this man?' A believer will reply, 'He is Muhammad, Allah's Apostle , and he came to us with self-evident truth and guidance. So we accepted his teaching, believed and followed him.' Then the angels will say to him to sleep in peace as they have come to know that he was a believer. On the other hand a hypocrite or a doubtful person will reply, 'I do not know but heard the people saying something and so I said the same.' "

(Bukhari)

Narrated Abu Bakra:

We were with Allah's Apostle when the sun eclipsed. Allah's Apostle stood up dragging his cloak till he entered the Mosque. He led us in a two-Rakat prayer till the sun (eclipse) had cleared. Then the Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "The sun and the moon do not eclipse because of someone's death. So whenever you see these eclipses pray and invoke (Allah) till the eclipse is over."

SALAT AL KUSUF.

The Prayer during a Solar or Lunar Eclipse (Salat al-Kusuf and al-Khusuf). Scholars agree that this is a sunna mu’akkada, a stressed or confirmed one, which is to be performed by both men and women. It is best, but not absolutely necessary, to pray it in congregation. Its time is from the eclipse’s beginning until its end. It is preferred to say takbir, supplicate, give charity, and ask God for forgiveness during the eclipse. It should be noted that this has nothing to do with asking for the eclipse to end, for its beginning and end are clear. An eclipse is only an occasion for such a prayer.
Source(s):

http://www.thewaytotruth.org/pillars/pra…

#2 zemaire

zemaire
  • Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

Salaams,

Akhi, Jazakum Allahu khyran for this important reminder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxryEltoLDY

May Alalh subanu wa Talaa accept our ibadaa't.
The middle course is the best.

" I am less concerned about getting people to the shahada than I am about getting people beyond the shahada". (Shk Abdullah bin Hamid Ali)

#3 zemaire

zemaire
  • Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

Australia 2007

http://www.smh.com.a...ipse/index.html

Allahu Akbar!
The middle course is the best.

" I am less concerned about getting people to the shahada than I am about getting people beyond the shahada". (Shk Abdullah bin Hamid Ali)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users