The Benefits Of Reciting Surat al-Mulk

Answered by Shaykh Gibril F Haddad

http://qa.sunnipath....D=4733&CATE=105

Question:

The Benefits Of Reciting Surat al-Mulk

Answer:
Posted Image

Wa `alaykum as-Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

The nonagenarian Muhaddith Abu Hilal and Abu Ahmad al-Hasan ibn `Abd Allah ibn Sahl ibn Sa`id al-`Askari (d. 382 or 395) was a student of al-Baghawi, Ibn Abi Dawud, al-Tabari, Ibn `Arafa and others. From him narrated al-Malini, Abu Nu`aym, al-Batirqani, Ibn Zanjuyah and others. He is the compiler of many meticulous books of hadith narration such as al-Hikam wal-Amthal, al-Tas-hif, Rahat al-Arwah, al-Zawajir wal-Mawa`iz, Kitab al-Sina`atayn, and others. He is relied upon by later Masters of Hadith such as Ibn Hajar, al-Sakhawi, and al-Nawawi.

As for the hadith cited:

It is narrated from Ibn Mas`ud with a good chain as per al-Haythami who said al-Tabarani narrates it and he indicated its chain is good as did al-Suyuti in al-Dur al-Manthur while al-Mundhiri adduces it in al-Targhib wal-Tarhib and references it to al-Hakim in the Mustadrak, adding that its asl or essential wording is in al-Nasa�i [also in al-Tirmidhi from Ibn`Abbas].

It is also narrated thus in full by Abu Nu`aym in Hilyat al-Awliya�, al-Bayhaqi in `Adhab al-Qabr (his great compilation of about two hundred hadiths on the punishment of the grave), and al-Dhahabi with his complete chain in the chapter on Imam Mis`ar ibn Kidam in Siyar A`lam al-Nubala� and its correct translation is:

A person is approached [by the angels of punishment] in the grave from the legs then the legs say: �You cannot approach him from here for he used to stand on us reciting Surat al-Mulk�; when they approach his chest it says: �You cannot approach him from here for he preserved Surat al-Mulk in me�; and when they approach his head it says: �You cannot approach him from here for he used to recite Surat al-Mulk with me.� Hence this Sura is the Immunizer (al-Mani`a), it immunizes one from the punishment of the grave. It is mentioned in the Torah as Surat al-Mulk also. If anyone recites it in the night he has accomplished a great deal and has excelled!

***Warning on Companion-sayings that concern the unseen (ghayb)***

It is narrated from Ibn Mas`ud (Allah be well-pleased with him and reward and thank him!) as his saying but has the probative force of a hadith of the Prophet, upon him blessings and peace, because it relates news of unseen matters in which there is no room for opinion, therefore Ibn Mas`ud necessarily heard it from the Prophet, upon him blessings and peace.

***Additional Benefit***

The frequent recitation of Surat al-Mulk is a very common practice among the Sufis and other pious Muslims. I have attended many evening gatherings with Sayyid Yusuf al-Rifa`i in which the entire gathering recited this blessed Sura from beginning to end. In the Naqshbandi Tariqa of Mawlana Shaykh Nazim al-Haqqani it is recited as a twice-daily wazifa, after the post-Salat tasbihs of both Zuhr and `Isha.

May Allah grant every the Believers reprieve and safety from the punishment of the grave, the punishment of Hellfire, dissensions and calamities past, present, and future, especially the trials of life and death and the trial of the Anti-Christ Dajjal.

Hajj Gibril

MMVIII SunniPath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=589IvJGWtD8
The middle course is the best.

" I am less concerned about getting people to the shahada than I am about getting people beyond the shahada". (Shk Abdullah bin Hamid Ali)

#2 zemaire

zemaire
  • Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

Rewards and Virtues of Surah Yasin, al Waqiah and al Mulk

It has been said by our prominent scholars that one should be especially observant in reciting Surat Ya Sin (36), Surat al Waqia (56) and Surat al Mulk.(67)

The Virtues and Benefits of Surah Yasin (36)

1. The Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Surely everything has a heart, and the heart of the Qur’an is Yasin. I would love that it be in the heart of every person of my people’[Bazzar]. (S.Muhammad Ali Sabuni, Tafsir-al-SabuniVol.2)

2. The Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Whoever recites Yasin once Allah will record the reward of reciting the Qur’an ten times.’[Maqal, Tirmidhi 2812/A & Dhahabi]

3. It has been reported by Aisha (radiAllahu anha)that the Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said that there is a surah in the Qur’an that intercedes for itsreciter and forgive its listener. Know! It is Surah Yasin. It is called ‘Mu’amma’ in the Torah. It was enquired, what is Mu’amma? The Prophet (SalAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘it embraces the person with the goodness of this world and removes the dismay of the Hereafter’[Hashiya of Tafsir Jalalalayn , pg 368].

4. The Prophet said, ‘Whoever recited Surah Yasin in the night seeking Allah’s pleasure, Allah would forgive him’[Ibn Hibban, Darimi 3283/A, Abu Yala, Tabarani, Baihaqi & Ibn Mardawaih]

5. Ma`qil ibn Yasar (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah’s blessings and peace be upon him, his family, companions, andfollowers) said,”Ya Sin is the heart of the Qur’an. No one reads it intending thereby Allah and the Next Abode except that Allah forgives them. Recite it for your deceasedones.” [Related by Ahmad, Abu Dawud, Nasa'i (this wording is his), and Hakim, who deemed it rigorously authenticated (sahih)]

6. Imam Ghazali explained that this is because soundness of faith rests on acknowledging Resurrection and Judgment, and Surat Ya Sin details this in the most emphatic of ways. Imam Fakhr al-Din al-Razi concurred.

7. Imam Tibi explained in his commentary on Mishkat al-Masabih that Surat Ya Sin was called ‘the Heart of the Qur ‘an ‘ because of what it contains of overwhelming proofs, decisive signs, subtle spiritual meanings, eloquent admonition, and stern warnings.

The Virtues and Benefits of Surah al Waqiah (56)

8. The Prophet said, ‘Whoever recites surah al Waqiah at night would never encounter poverty’ [Ibn Sunni 620]

9. The Prophet said, ‘Surah al Waqiah is the Surah of Wealth, so recite it and teach it to your children’[Ibn Asakir]

The Virtues and Benefits of Surah al Mulk (67)

10. The Prophet said, ‘There is a surah in the Qur’an which is only thirty verses. It defended whoevere\recited it , until it puts him into paradise ‘ i.e.Surah al Mulk[Fath al Qadir 5/257, Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Tabrani inAl-Awsat & Ibn Mardawaith]

11. The Prophet said, ‘Surah al Mulk is the protector from the torment of the grave ‘[Sahihul Jamiea 1/680, Hakim 2/498 & Nasai]

12. Jabir (radiAllahu anhu) said it was the custom of the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam not to go to sleep until he had read Tabarakalladhi Biyadihil Mulk and Alif Laam Meem Tanzeel. [Ahmad, Tirmidhi and Darami]

13. Anas (radiAllahu anhu) reported Rasulullah (sallallahu alaiyhi wasalam) as saying, "There is a Surah which will plead for its reciter till it causes him to enter paradise" (Tabarakalladhi Biyadihil Mulk). [Tabrani]

http://www.islamicin...h-yasin-al.html

" I am less concerned about getting people to the shahada than I am about getting people beyond the shahada". (Shk Abdullah bin Hamid Ali)

#3 RUMI

RUMI
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

Thanks for posting, zemaire.

#4 zemaire

zemaire
  • Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:20 AM

You are welcome Akhi :-)

#5 zemaire

zemaire
  • Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

The Heart of the Qur’an: An Enlightening Commentary (Tafsir) of Surah Yasin

Posted Image

By: Shaykh Abdur Rahman ibn Yusuf

Surah Yasin has been considered the heart of the Qur’an. Many Muslims recite this surah regularly. This new series seeks to explain the meaning and message of this surah, provide inspiring anecdotes, and draw relevant lessons from it.

Part 1
http://www.zamzamaca...h-yasin-part-1/

Part 2
http://www.zamzamaca...h-yasin-part-2/

Part 3
http://www.zamzamaca...h-yasin-part-3/

#6 zemaire

zemaire
  • Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

#7 zemaire

zemaire
  • Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

Tafsir of Surah Yasin by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

#8 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,385 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Tafsir of Suratul Al-Mulk. Teaching Musims to reflect :)

That which brings you closer to Allah (swt), is the greatest blessing of all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users