138 replies to this topic

#61 Shamsy

Shamsy
  • Moderators
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

This should be called Thug and Mounir's thought of the day lol

carry on carry on..
O you who are seeking your Lord, when has your Lord ever looked to your physical body's prostration in comparison to the hearts,
Learn the Prostration of the heart! Habib Umar bin Hafeedh.

http://meetmyscarf.blogspot.com.au

http://thehajjofkingsandqueens.blogspot.com.au/

#62 Mounir

Mounir

Every Technique is Unique

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

To Allah, hurting Islam is like pegging an ice cube at the sun.
But, to Allah, hurting a fellow Muslim is like pegging the sun at an ice cube.
In the Sight of Allah, we are vulnerable and weak, and hurting a Muslim brother or sister is more devastating than the fierce sun.
Seeking sincerity takes sincerity

#63 zemaire

zemaire
  • Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

"The ailment of the body is in sickness and that of the heart is in sins. A delicious meal cannot benefit the body when the person is sick and likewise, the heart cannot taste the sweetness of worship if it is full of sins.” ( Dhu’n-Nun al-Misri)

SubhanAllah, what a deep statement.

:wub:
The middle course is the best.

" I am less concerned about getting people to the shahada than I am about getting people beyond the shahada". (Shk Abdullah bin Hamid Ali)

#64 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

Performing and completing Hajj (Greater Pilgrimage) bare foot whilst carrying your mother on your back will not pay her back not even for a single contraction she had when she held you for 9 months.

Ya Allah! Forgive me for the times I treated her unjustly and the amount of times I turned away from her when she asked for help and the times she smiled at me while I frowned and the times she slept at night upset at me and the times I never thanked her the way she deserved to be thanked. Ya Allah! Forgive me and Guide me! And grant her the greatest gifts!

#65 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

Cemetery

Peaceful from above...

And only Allah swt knows best whats below...
What would I know... Im just a small mushroom that grows in the backyard...

#66 Shamsy

Shamsy
  • Moderators
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

^ those 4 last four posts are subhanAllah so true.
O you who are seeking your Lord, when has your Lord ever looked to your physical body's prostration in comparison to the hearts,
Learn the Prostration of the heart! Habib Umar bin Hafeedh.

http://meetmyscarf.blogspot.com.au

http://thehajjofkingsandqueens.blogspot.com.au/

#67 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:20 PM

O my friend do not despair
In that which Allah has made so fair
Do not lose hope in Allah's Decree
But rather cling to the family tree
To he whom belongs the most noble history
Muhammad, the shimmering light in every century
Then turn to Allah and beg that He may
Be accepting for that which you pray
A prayer for love, nearness and devotion
To the one who was full of emotion
To you and I and the rest of his nation
His Illuminating tremendous station
O Allah even the slightest moment
Without him is forever torment
Muhammad, our Gift, our Praised Adornment

#68 Soroya

Soroya
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Mashallah, beautifully written

#69 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

belief with out action, there is no belief...

Action with out belief, there is no Action...

you got to

- Have belief in your action, for your action to be believed...

- Act upon your belief, for your belief to be within your actions...

#70 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

The piece of marital worn by sisters as a scarf, and by brothers as a turban, is just a cloth...

But, its the intention held by the one that wears it, that makes it rewarding.

Subhan'Allah

#71 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

Allah Allah, I love your two comments Thug, Subhanallah wonderful words

#72 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

when ask to clean up our mess after ourselves, we find it disgusting and hard...

when ask to clean up the the street, we find it to embarrassing and hard on the soul...

But yet, when we commit a sin, its easily done, with out thinking, we got forget the how disgusting the act is...

subhan'Allah, only if we think about our sin first before we commit it...

#73 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

^ :( Subhanallah

#74 koalaboi

koalaboi
  • Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Come to me knowing everything and I can teach you nothing.

Come to me knowing nothing and I can teach you everything.

Uncle Paul,

Senior Aboriginal Loreman

#75 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

Nice KB. :thumbsup:

If you go to Allah knowing everything (ignorance) then He will teach you nothing.

If you go to Allah knowing nothing (humble) then He will teach you everything

#76 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

The silenced and weakened voice of the oppressed is louder than the roar of a crumbling mountain

#77 koalaboi

koalaboi
  • Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

Nice KB. :thumbsup:

If you go to Allah knowing everything (ignorance) then He will teach you nothing.

You're right in saying ignorance but from a traditional Lore point of view, arrogance or pride would be better words as the antonyms of humility.

I guess too, I have to ask you, after you took an Aboriginal saying and converted it to a Muslim expression, did that expression exist in your faith before?

It is an issue of cultural appropriation for Aboriginal peoples in that many Christian (et al) missionaries tried to re write Aboriginal spirituality as a sort of defacto Christianity, which it wasn't. While most religions share many tenets, you have to be careful here.

You also need to consider her that in my original quote i was talking about living elders, not God.

I do appreciate the way you have been able to see the inherent wisdom in traditional lore...thank you for that, few have over the last couple of centuries!

KB

#78 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

The quote you mentioned only served as an inspiration for me to write what I wrote. However I wouldnt say such an expression came from the beginning of Islam (i.e 1434 years ago) but rather from the beginning of time as we can see from the story of Prophet Adam (as) and his enemy saytan who had so much pride that God expelled him from Heaven. Although I acknowledge your words, it's shame that Aboriginal people have been disregarded so much. When a people restricted from society is lost then everything with them is lost. That was their (invaders) evil plan :(

#79 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

A man thirsty for water, on the edge of dehydration, spotted a sweet valley in the distance. So eager to put an end to the dryness in his throat, he rushed to this valley hoping to find a fresh stream of water or alteast some gushing from a spring. Upon arriving, he was bewildered at what he had seen. Not even a drop of water was to be found. He was no longer able to hold himself and began to cry. Looking around for another source, he ran towards a small hill not far from where he stood. Over boulders he threw himself, grabbing onto the hot edges that made the face of the hill. He felt as though the hot scorching sun was a metre above his head. He would not give up. Having finally reached the edge of the top of the hill, grabbing with both hands with such anticipation and swinging himself over to safety. Expecting to land on both feet, he had only come to the realisation that this was no hill, but rather a hill with an enormous hole through it. Falling through, he came to an unwanted realisation, it was a volcano! Rapidly slapping his hands against the inner wall of the volcano, he knew there was no hope. Into the lava he had uncontrollably dived into. His thirst was put to an undesirable end. A day after his disintegration, it had rained and the valley was full, flowing in memory of the poor man who couldn't hold himself

#80 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

These days you hold your prayer beads and remember God and people look at you with suprise. But to have wires dangling out of you ears listening to rock that can be heard from 3 miles, then that's normal?!

#81 Alpha Dude

Alpha Dude
  • Validating
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:21 AM

Profound thought. :)

#82 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

The best way to spend your day
Is to follow the best exemplar, who led the way

#83 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

You know that annoying moment when your trying to clean your phone screen but with one smudge comes another haha? Yeah well that's like trying to purify your heart with sins on your hands. 

#84 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

If only human's had the same affection

#85 Alpha Dude

Alpha Dude
  • Validating
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

Heart melting video, Thug.

You know that annoying moment when your trying to clean your phone screen but with one smudge comes another haha? Yeah well that's like trying to purify your heart with sins on your hands.

That's deep.

#86 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,363 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Similar to what Ive learnt in my munabihat class last night, Ustadh said, why we have to take showers everyday? to clean our body and get rid of the stinkiness? we should also do the same,have a nafs shower get rid of all those heart diseases :sad: Did you watch the livestreaming? :ermm:
That which brings you closer to Allah (swt), is the greatest blessing of all.

#87 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

Similar to what Ive learnt in my munabihat class last night, Ustadh said, why we have to take showers everyday? to clean our body and get rid of the stinkiness? we should also do the same,have a nafs shower get rid of all those heart diseases :sad: Did you watch the livestreaming? :ermm:

Subhanallah it's so true. I need a nafs shower 10 times a day :(

No I didn't, I really want to but it's hard when you have a nafs to take care of lol

#88 Nour1

Nour1

Walk behind those you are leading

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

♥ What is LOVE?
I asked it from Life, Sun, Flowers, Universe, Sky,
Earth every one but didn't get satisfying answer from any one.

Then i took referral from history and went back 1400 years.
The night was dark and a great personality with wet eyes in prostration was asking from his Lord(ALLAH).
"O Allah! Forgive my ummah"O Allah! Forgive my ummah.
"My heart and mind shaked me and said O foolish human, look this is real love
(SUBHAN'ALLAH) and if you want to love someone love your beloved Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa'alehi Wasallam) and both your world and hereafter will go evergreens

Character is higher than intellect

#89 SiStaAa AyYSssHhhAa

SiStaAa AyYSssHhhAa
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:21 AM

If the best of mankind (SAW) asked for forgiveness, then who are we not to?
Ya Allah, shower Your Mercy upon us while weighing our deeds on the Day of Resurrection, for without it, no one is safe, Ameen!
"Hope: Prophet Yusuf (peace be upon him) was supposed to be killed, and Allaah saved him. He was supposed to be defamed, and Allaah elevated him. They tried to decreasae his father's love, and Allaah increased it. He was sold as a slave, and Allaah made him a Minister. Never despair of Allaah's mercy, there's a light at the end of the tunnel InshAllaah. O Allaah turn difficulties into ease, Aameen"
Sh. Alaa Elsayed

#90 Soroya

Soroya
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:31 AM

Ameen sister,

The day was momentarily snatched by a solar eclipse. Your world became enveloped in darkness. Your senses will eagerly seek directions to a source of light. An intensely glowing ring will appear in the sky yet will be too bright for your eyes to witness. Look away for a moment, pause and reflect on the direction your life has taken and the strength of your relationship with Allah (swt).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users