Thought Of The Day

138 replies to this topic

#1 Mounir

Mounir

Every Technique is Unique

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:16 PM

How to warn a colour-blinded person wearing red from entering a bull-rampaged city.
Allah is One and loves unity

#2 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:24 PM

Sending Salutations upon our Beloved Prophet while listening to the birds sing in the thickness of the lush green trees opened upon me the thought of Heaven and the Company of the Most Majestic.

#3 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

I shall surely return to you O soil, and surely I shall return to He that created you.

#4 eosdiscovery

eosdiscovery

Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him

• Brothers
  • 581 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:08 PM

Impatience is not a license to do as you please.
La Illaha Illallah, Muhammad Rasulallah, Sallah Lahu Alaihi Wassalam, Fi Kuli Lamhatin, Wa Nafasin, Adada Ma Wis'u Ilmu'lah.

#5 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:27 PM

Im feed up with people calling them selfs Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'ah. But yet they dont know one single thing about the true Salaf.
What would I know... Im just a small mushroom that grows in the backyard...

#6 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:07 PM

I drove past a church today that said on the front: "Obey me and I will be your God." I wonder what disguise the devil wore as he uttered those words.

#7 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:28 PM

why's history called history,if it repeats it self....:blink:

#8 Hammoud87

Hammoud87
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:16 AM

My thought: why is it that everytime we get guidance from Allah (subhaanahu wa ta3aala) and intend to do something good, we intend to do it at a later time rather than doing it straight away.
Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The example of a Mujahid in Allah's Cause ...is like a person who fasts and prays continuously.

#9 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

Let not your nafs feel as though it has a right over you when Allah's call has not yet been answered.

#10 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

If men of this Ummah up held the Sunnah of wearing the Turban, where could we have been now...?

If the Sikh wear it with so much pride and are not shy to wear it in public... why cant the Muslim men do the same...?

#11 eosdiscovery

eosdiscovery

• Brothers
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:01 PM

Allah is watching, His Angels are recording, Muhammad (pbuh) is praying, and I am heedless.

Ya fattah iftah 'alayna.
La Illaha Illallah, Muhammad Rasulallah, Sallah Lahu Alaihi Wassalam, Fi Kuli Lamhatin, Wa Nafasin, Adada Ma Wis'u Ilmu'lah.

#12 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:16 AM

Turning up to the blue sky is relaxation to the eyes. Turning up to the Most High is freedom from worldly lies.

#13 zemaire

zemaire
  • Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:50 AM

Salaams,

What a beautiful thread. Jazakum Allahkhyran for sharing all these wise words and wisdom. :star:

Here is good one from late Gandhi who once said "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed".

How true.
The middle course is the best.

" I am less concerned about getting people to the shahada than I am about getting people beyond the shahada". (Shk Abdullah bin Hamid Ali)

#14 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:38 PM

Salaams,

What a beautiful thread. Jazakum Allahkhyran for sharing all these wise words and wisdom. :star:

Here is good one from late Gandhi who once said "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed".

How true.

Jazakullah khairan for sharing your wise and kind words Posted Image

Ah thats excellent. Well the tables turned these days, people are taking the earth to satisfy their own selfish greed. How unfortunate for those less fortunate

#15 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:21 AM

I think............Syria is going down soon...!

#16 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:21 PM

Your eyes only see what can be touched...

Your heart can touch what can't be seen...

#17 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

Did Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings upon him) even need to eat and drink? or did he do so to teach us (who are dependant upon such things) the etiquettes when performing such actions.

#18 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,393 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

Should be in our thoughts everyday :)
Ilahi anta maqsudi waridhaka matlubi:)

That which brings you closer to Allah (swt), is the greatest blessing of all.

#19 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:12 AM

Don't thank Allah to thank Allah enough, thank Allah to thank Allah, for thanking Allah can never be enough

#20 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,393 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:30 AM

Say what you mean and mean what you say, but don't be mean when you say it. :)
That which brings you closer to Allah (swt), is the greatest blessing of all.

#21 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:18 AM

Your not a Sufi, if you say only Sufi's love Sayydin Muhammad :saws:....

#22 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

Say what you mean and mean what you say, but don't be mean when you say it. :)

lol

#23 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:07 PM

When Allah swt takes away, whats rightly He's...

Why do we cry...

Do we cry out fear...

Do we cry out sadness...

or

Do we cry out of happiness...

#24 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:29 PM

(If this post is going to start a discussion in this thread can one of the Mods move it to the general discussion thread please :) )

This thought has been roaming in my head for some time...

Food for thought...

When brothers and sisters who take on the path of The Sufi's, say ' I cant belive such and such person does not have this understanding of tasawwuf ' or ' How can they not belive in such experinces'...

One should stop and say.... ' How did i come about,in understanding tasawwuf ', ' What makes me better then this person'...

One should be greatful to Allah swt, thanking Him swt for such understanding and feeling the different experinces of Iman...

One should make dua for other brothers and sisters, and not have ill feeling towards them, for not having the same understanding of the science of tasawwuf. One should make dua asking Allah swt to implant the understanding of such science in their hearts, and let them feel the same experince that your feeling too...

I once ask one of my teachers in Islam, he his a master in the science of tasawwuf and love for Sayydin Muhammad :saws: , a question relating to tasawwuf... He said to me... ' Not all people can take in the knowledge of tasawwuf '. He also said, ' A true sufi, wouldnt call him/her sufi and say i have gained such and such konwledge, but he/she should go back to Allah swt thanking Him for such knowledge and understanding and even seeking forgiveness for not acting upon the knowledge given'.

Aslo to keep in mind, that not every one has experince what you have experince, and that with in the science of tasawwuf there are different states and stages one would past, which others might not get to or even comprehend.

Leave you with this from Imam Al Ghazali, Dear Beloved Son...

My dear beloved son! You have asked [me] about some [spiritual] issues, among which, some cannot be described completely in writing and speech. When you reach that [high spiritual enlightenment] state then you will know them yourself. The lesson of love is not taught but it’s born and learned by itself. If you reach that [high spiritual] state then knowing [these issues] will be equivalent to moving from one [spiritual] state to another (Mustahilaat). Because Ishq (intense love) is another name for love and intense desire to seek what one loves (Zauq). Love and Zauq (intense desire to seek what one loves) can neither be described in speech nor in writing and its spirit (meaning) cannot be presented. Just like sweetness, sourness, and bitterness cannot be described by anyone who wants to describe them in writing or speech. Therefore, let it be known, that if you reach this destination [of high spiritual station/enlightenment] then you will know [all this] by yourself. But if you are not able to reach this destination [of high spiritual station] then the truth can be described to some extent in writing and speech.

This is reminder to myself Insha'Allah...:)

#25 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

Panadol...reduces headaches.
Morphine...reduces pain.
Nature...reduces stress.
Chewing gum...reduces Dhikr of Allah.

#26 eosdiscovery

eosdiscovery

• Brothers
  • 581 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:14 AM

If you try and fail to be selfless, you are only human.

#27 cucurbit

cucurbit
  • Sisters
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

“Take some kittens, some soft little pussycats, and put them in a box,” says Jamal, a surgeon at Al Shifa hospital, the main one in Gaza, while a nurse places a couple of cardboard boxes just in front of us, covered with spots of blood. “Seal the box, and with all your weight and your strength jump on it until you hear the bones crack, and the last miaow is choked.” As I stare at the boxes dumbfounded, the doctor continues, “Now try to imagine what would happen immediately after a scenario like that was publicised: the justified outrage of the world, complaints by animal welfare organisations…” The doctor continues his story, and I cannot remove my eyes for a moment from those boxes placed at my feet. “Israel has locked up hundreds of civilians in a school as if in a box, dozens of children, and then crushed it with the full brunt of its bombs. And what were the reactions of the world? Almost nothing. It would have been better to be born animals, rather than Palestinians; we would have been better protected.” At this point, the doctor bends towards one of the boxes, and opens it in front of me. Inside are mutilated limbs, arms and legs from the knee down or entire femurs, amputated from the injured who had come from the UN Fakhura School in Jabalia, more than 50 victims until now. Pretending I had an urgent phone call, I take my leave of Jamal; in fact, I head to the toilet, double up, and vomit.”

Vittorio Arrigoni, Gaza, January 8 2011

they found his dead body today :/ well done killing a man who's on your side.

#28 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

“Take some kittens, some soft little pussycats, and put them in a box,” says Jamal, a surgeon at Al Shifa hospital, the main one in Gaza, while a nurse places a couple of cardboard boxes just in front of us, covered with spots of blood. “Seal the box, and with all your weight and your strength jump on it until you hear the bones crack, and the last miaow is choked.” As I stare at the boxes dumbfounded, the doctor continues, “Now try to imagine what would happen immediately after a scenario like that was publicised: the justified outrage of the world, complaints by animal welfare organisations…” The doctor continues his story, and I cannot remove my eyes for a moment from those boxes placed at my feet. “Israel has locked up hundreds of civilians in a school as if in a box, dozens of children, and then crushed it with the full brunt of its bombs. And what were the reactions of the world? Almost nothing. It would have been better to be born animals, rather than Palestinians; we would have been better protected.” At this point, the doctor bends towards one of the boxes, and opens it in front of me. Inside are mutilated limbs, arms and legs from the knee down or entire femurs, amputated from the injured who had come from the UN Fakhura School in Jabalia, more than 50 victims until now. Pretending I had an urgent phone call, I take my leave of Jamal; in fact, I head to the toilet, double up, and vomit.”

Vittorio Arrigoni, Gaza, January 8 2011

they found his dead body today :/ well done killing a man who's on your side.

yalateef.....

#29 Thug

Thug
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:20 PM

we think we know, but we dont know, and when we do know that we dont konw, we think we know.

#30 Mounir

Mounir

• Moderators
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 02:23 PM

Allah Almighty has granted us a limited brain. Do not expect to understand Allah, the One who has no limit.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users