Photo

How Can A Revert With No Walli Find A Husband

45 replies to this topic

#1 sydneymuslima

sydneymuslima
  • Sisters
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

As salaam wa alaykum, I'm an Australian revert who came to Islam 2 years ago (I am also a single mother to a young child) and would like to get married to another revert (due to cultural reasons) I know there are websites but I have tried this and don't think the brothers on them are following their deen properly. I am trying my best to follow the sunnah of our beloved Prophet (sws) and just want a good kind man who does the same, does anyone have any idea on a way I can find the right brother in a halal way so that I can complete half of my deen insha allah.

Jazakallahkhair

#2 Emoolie

Emoolie
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:47 PM

w3laykuma Salam Sis

I highly suggest going to the Mosque. I think that is the best way :)

InshaAllah Kheir sister :)
Allahumma Salla Ali Mohammed Wa Aleyh Mohammed

#3 DuralMusallah

DuralMusallah

Used to post local Hills District Info only

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:13 PM

As'salamu'alaykum dear Sister Liz,

Please contact HDMS Sisterhood - click here | direct email address - click here (Sydney Hills area)

Also a good place to start is: Bukhari House Sisterhood Reverts Group - click here 1 & click here 2 for more information | direct email address - click here (based in Auburn)

I highly advice meeting the sisters groups above - as they via their contacts know of brother's who are single and are looking for sisters to marry. And also please be careful (as we should be with any major decision making) as there have been cases where people wanting to get PR/citizenship marrying sisters in situations like yours. So the above 2 sisters groups inshaAllah should be able to weed these type of issues out. May Allah make it easy for you :)

#4 sydneymuslima

sydneymuslima
  • Sisters
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

Please contact HDMS Sisterhood - click here | direct email address - click here (Sydney Hills area)

Also a good place to start is: Bukhari House Sisterhood Reverts Group - click here 1 & click here 2 for more information | direct email address - click here (based in Auburn)

I highly advice meeting the sisters groups above - as they via their contacts know of brother's who are single and are looking for sisters to marry. And also please be careful (as we should be with any major decision making) as there have been cases where people wanting to get PR/citizenship marrying sisters in situations like yours. So the above 2 sisters groups inshaAllah should be able to weed these type of issues out. May Allah make it easy for you Posted Image

Jazakallah sisters for all your help

#5 DuralMusallah

DuralMusallah

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

HDMS Sisterhood (facebook) - click here

Sisterhood at Bukhari House (facebook) - click here

[from your brother in Islam]

#6 fatma

fatma
  • Members
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:14 PM

don't worry about a husband, here's a wally

Attached Thumbnails

• images.jpg

#7 FreePalestine

FreePalestine
  • Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:09 PM

Seriously, you DONT want to marry Wally. He'll never spend time with you, and he'll always be hiding. So you'll end up trying to look for him by stalking his FB, calling him on his phone every second, following him on twitter, maybe even hiring a detective to track him down, and im sure those probably wont even work on that man Posted Image
My lord, forgive me and my parents - my lord, have mercy on them as they cherished me in my childhood.

#8 randwiggend

randwiggend
  • Banned
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:53 AM

I was about to make a similar joke... but you got in first :)

I highly advice meeting the sisters groups above - as they via their contacts know of brother's who are single and are looking for sisters to marry. And also please be careful (as we should be with any major decision making) as there have been cases where people wanting to get PR/citizenship marrying sisters in situations like yours. So the above 2 sisters groups inshaAllah should be able to weed these type of issues out. May Allah make it easy for you :)

Don't think that will be an issue, as she said she wants to marry a convert for cultural reasons.

#9 DuralMusallah

DuralMusallah

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:58 PM

As salaam wa alaykum, I'm an Australian revert who came to Islam 2 years ago (I am also a single mother to a young child) and would like to get married to another revert (due to cultural reasons) I know there are websites but I have tried this and don't think the brothers on them are following their deen properly. I am trying my best to follow the sunnah of our beloved Prophet (sws) and just want a good kind man who does the same, does anyone have any idea on a way I can find the right brother in a halal way so that I can complete half of my deen insha Allah.
Jazakallahkhair

HDMS Sisterhood know of a brother who is ideally also looking for a revert sister to marry, although in this case seeking someone (like themself) who has not been in any previous relationships. But Allah knows best how things may change and you never know it may all end. Contact and see how you go

#10 injoyandsorrow

injoyandsorrow
  • Brothers
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

Seriously, you DONT want to marry Wally. He'll never spend time with you, and he'll always be hiding. So you'll end up trying to look for him by stalking his FB, calling him on his phone every second, following him on twitter, maybe even hiring a detective to track him down, and im sure those probably wont even work on that man Posted Image

There's benefits too, though.

He could share his skills and you could both get away with murder (Um...Not literally?:doh:)

Urgh! I can't believe I got in on the Where's Wally jokes...

#11 sydneymuslima

sydneymuslima
  • Sisters
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:21 AM

HDMS Sisterhood know of a brother who is ideally also looking for a revert sister to marry, although in this case seeking someone (like themself) who has not been in any previous relationships.

how do i contact and find out if he is willing to meet me as im new to this site. Jazakallah

#12 mr Eazy

mr Eazy
  • Brothers
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

There's benefits too, though.

He could share his skills and you could both get away with murder (Um...Not literally?:doh:)

Urgh! I can't believe I got in on the Where's Wally jokes...

i think wally should marry wenda for cultural reasons (they like the same coloured clothes) unless they're related :(

#13 sydneymuslima

sydneymuslima
  • Sisters
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:40 PM

HDMS Sisterhood know of a brother who is ideally also looking for a revert sister to marry, although in this case seeking someone (like themself) who has not been in any previous relationships. But Allah knows best how things may change and you never know it may all end. Contact and see how you go

asalam wa alaykum, how do I find out if this brother would be interested in meeting me as i'm new to this site.
Jazak allah

#14 sydneymuslima

sydneymuslima
  • Sisters
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:01 PM

i think wally should marry wenda for cultural reasons (they like the same coloured clothes) unless they're related Posted Image

Thanks for all the jokes sisters and brothers in islam

#15 DuralMusallah

DuralMusallah

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:25 PM

asalam wa alaykum, how do I find out if this brother would be interested in meeting me as i'm new to this site.
Jazak allah

Please contact HDMS Sisterhood via email or the HDMS website ('Sisters Section') and inshaAllah they can arrange a meeting with a suitable and 'genuine' brother in the proper/halal condtions and environment (due to your condition of not having a wali)

#16 DuralMusallah

DuralMusallah

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

As at early saturday (islamically - as after maghrib) how did you go with contacting? Did you get a reply?

#17 sydneymuslima

sydneymuslima
  • Sisters
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

As at early saturday (islamically - as after maghrib) how did you go with contacting? Did you get a reply?

Salam yes I received an email from Sandy she said she would ask her husband to contact the brothers mentioned but she also mentioned she is 2 weeks off having a baby so I'm unsure when I will receive another email which is cool I understand in that situation obviously I'm in no rush insha allah. Jazakallahkhiran brother for all your help.

#18 DuralMusallah

DuralMusallah

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:27 AM

No worries, trying to help a fellow muslim for the sake of pleasing Allah. and we got to help each other no doubt in these times :)

#19 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:26 AM

I highly advice meeting the sisters groups above - as they via their contacts know of brother's who are single and are looking for sisters to marry. And also please be careful (as we should be with any major decision making) as there have been cases where people wanting to get PR/citizenship marrying sisters in situations like yours. So the above 2 sisters groups inshaAllah should be able to weed these type of issues out. May Allah make it easy for you Posted Image

why dont we have such a thing for the brotherhood??? Posted Image
--If Religion was Object Oriented Language (eg: C++) then Islam would be equivalant to Base Class and a Muslim would be an Inferface Object.

--There is no greater act than trying to explore what is greater. 

#20 DuralMusallah

DuralMusallah

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

why dont we have such a thing for the brotherhood??? Posted Image

I think we do have something like that with MV-forums and the likes of HDMS, who are really trying to bring back the human bond of keeping contact with one another and serving one another and helping one another..... Khayr inshaAllah

#21 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

I think we do have something like that with MV-forums and the likes of HDMS, who are really trying to bring back the human bond of keeping contact with one another and serving one another and helping one another..... Khayr inshaAllah

hhm... dont think i have come across any. i might have to try a few links then :ermm:
--If Religion was Object Oriented Language (eg: C++) then Islam would be equivalant to Base Class and a Muslim would be an Inferface Object.

--There is no greater act than trying to explore what is greater. 

#22 DuralMusallah

DuralMusallah

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:48 AM

hhm... dont think i have come across any. i might have to try a few links then :ermm:

Khayr inshaAllah get in-contact with HDMS when you can, mashaAllah beautiful brotherhood and connection with one another - the Sheikh of the area and also the regulars who attend Fajr and Isha in jamat daily are truly a blessing for the area, and also mashaAllah there are reverts in the area

#23 DuralMusallah

DuralMusallah

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:59 AM

Marriage Facilitation Service [MV thread] - Brothers |and| Sisters

http://IWWA.org.au

#24 DuralMusallah

DuralMusallah

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

Any reply back from IWWA - sis. SydneyMuslima or sis. RedLilly? How about you br. Ocean?

#25 DuralMusallah

DuralMusallah

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

Any reply back from IWWA - sis. SydneyMuslima or sis. RedLilly? How about you br. Ocean?

Please click here for correct postal address for IWWA Marriage Facilitation Service

#26 sydneymuslima

sydneymuslima
  • Sisters
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:41 AM

Asalam wa alaykum, I've tried two sisters suggested to me and kind of just leaving it in Allah's hands now in sha allah it will happen forme. I can't keep trying different people at some point I have to just leave it in Allahs hands so i'm focussing on looking for a new job now instead. Thanks for all your help though a lot of people just made jokes but you actually helped me Posted Image .

#27 coachMusa

coachMusa

Former Member

• Brothers
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:58 AM

Asalam wa alaykum, I've tried two sisters suggested to me and kind of just leaving it in Allah's hands now in sha allah it will happen forme. I can't keep trying different people at some point I have to just leave it in Allahs hands so i'm focussing on looking for a new job now instead. Thanks for all your help though a lot of people just made jokes but you actually helped me Posted Image .

(BTW back to using personal account [as Alhumdulilla got access again via MV-forum admin] & not using 'local prayer room' account as before anymore as the management brother's of DM can use it from now on, inshaAllah)

Khayr inshaAllah, prioratise what you have to do and what is important and firstly and always ask Allah to give you what pleases Him the most and to make your test as easy as can be, and inshaAllah it will all workout.... and plus mashaAllah look at all the blessings Allah (azza'wajal) has provided us|individually with :)

And also mashaAllah (from what I heard) you got to meet some sister's in Islam from the Hills area from making these 'marriage' inquires and perhaps there was a reason|purpose for it all happening. And as always Allah knows best
Wal'hamdhu'lil'lah aw'wal'lan wa akh'he'ran ||||| Alhumdulilla'ala'kulli'hal |||| How did you come to Islam?

#28 sydneymuslima

sydneymuslima
  • Sisters
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:10 AM

(BTW back to using personal account [as Alhumdulilla got access again via MV-forum admin] & not using 'local prayer room' account as before anymore as the management brother's of DM can use it from now on, inshaAllah)

Khayr inshaAllah, prioratise what you have to do and what is important and firstly and always Allah to give you what pleases Him the most, and inshaAllah it will all workout.... and plus mashaAllah look at all the blessings Allah (azza'wajal) has provided us with Posted Image

I am very grateful for all I have and I figure when the time is right it will happen, I have a great life and have realised a lot from reading a good book including Before you look at the thorn of the rose, look at its beauty. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of its peace and quiet. Why look at things in such a pessimistic and negative manner? Why deny and change blessings? Have you not seen those who have changed the Blessings of Allah into disbelief? Take these blessings and accept them graciously, and praise Allah, the Almighty, All-Glorious, for them.

I have so many blessings in my life and if I never marry it is by the will of Allah alone and all I can say is al hamdu lillah and thank Allah for the chance to enter paradise which not every person gets, what better blessing is that, how can I feel slighted when I have been given the knowledge of Allah and Islam. Subhan Allah I don't need more than I have.

#29 coachMusa

coachMusa

Former Member

• Brothers
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 11:18 AM

And mashaAllah you are someone of special rank as you are a mother, Alhumdulilla. Coz from what I know 'spiritually' mother's have a different rank to per-say someone who is not a mother (in a general sense) but I could be wrong on this theory, but I do seem to remember this point for some reason

Very good to see you are being positive.... and you never know coz (by the permission of Allah) a 'wind of marriage' seems to be sweeping across MV-forums lately :) so you could be next.... inshaAllah Ameen
Wal'hamdhu'lil'lah aw'wal'lan wa akh'he'ran ||||| Alhumdulilla'ala'kulli'hal |||| How did you come to Islam?

#30 coachMusa

coachMusa

Former Member

• Brothers
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:25 AM

:)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users