Touching The Quran Without Wudhu

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 islam80

islam80
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:29 AM

I understand that I cant touch the Quran without wudu.

However, a brother gave me a copy of the Quran with the English translation (not tafsir) and he said that I CAN touch this even if I'm not in a state of purity. (I cant read arabic yet).

Is this true, because I cant find the answer anywhere on Google?

#2 pepe

pepe
  • Brothers
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

I understand that I cant touch the Quran without wudu.

However, a brother gave me a copy of the Quran with the English translation (not tafsir) and he said that I CAN touch this even if I'm not in a state of purity. (I cant read arabic yet).

Is this true, because I cant find the answer anywhere on Google?

Is it one of those Arabic+ translation or is it 100% in english?
The Monoculture’s complaint about Islam amounts to only one demand: Be like us!

#3 islam80

islam80
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:40 AM

Is it one of those Arabic+ translation or is it 100% in english?

Its a Saheeh International version with the verses of each ayat and english translation beside it on each page.

Since I cant read arabic at the moment, what I want to do is read the english translation of each verse.

Will I need to be in wudu to handle the book to do this?

-------------------

I dont know of any sheiks personally... so if someone could ask/email a sheik for me it would be appreciated. I will wait for an answer.

(I want to start reading this for Ramadan). Jazakallah khair

#4 Bedouin

Bedouin
  • Members
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:02 AM

Assalamu alaykum

In the name of Allah, the Inspirer of truth.

It is not permissible to touch a translation of the Qur'an even if it does not have the Arabic Qur'anic script in it. However, any book that contains Qur'anic verses in it such as a book on tafsir or fiqh, it would be permissible to touch it as long as the tafsir or fiqh is more than the verses of the Qur'an in it. If the verses of the Qur'an are more, it would not be permissible to touch it except with wudu. [Radd al-Muhtar, 1:119]

However, it is always best to undertake the study of the Din and handle its literature in the state of wudu. There is more blessing derived this way.

And Allah knows best.

Abdur-Rahman ibn Yusuf

http://qa.sunnipath....=1&ID=5&CATE=30

#5 islam80

islam80
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:07 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Jazakallah khair Alpha Dude Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Bedouin

Bedouin
  • Members
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:38 AM

No worries bro.

I have heard numerous times that our sins are cleansed via wudhu (inshaAllah someone can confirm) so the more the better. :)

#7 Astral

Astral
  • Sisters
  • 10,415 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

I never quite understood this ruling.

The other week, I was listening to a shaykh answer the same question. Similarly he said you cannot touch the Quran without being in a state of wudhu. However, he said, it was ok to read the Quran without wudhu.

Also, what does this mean for non Muslims, particularly Arabic speaking non Muslims, wanting to read the Quran? And how about reading the Quran online?
Life Is...
A Tragedy For Those Who Feel
A Comedy For Those Who Think
And A Melody For Those Who Understand

#8 pepe

pepe
  • Brothers
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:39 PM

The other week, I was listening to a shaykh answer the same question. Similarly he said you cannot touch the Quran without being in a state of wudhu. However, he said, it was ok to read the Quran without wudhu.

Also, what does this mean for non Muslims, particularly Arabic speaking non Muslims, wanting to read the Quran? And how about reading the Quran online?

If they are non Muslim there are bigger issues than if they got wudu or not but yes I didn't think the touching rule applied to english translations as well.
The Monoculture’s complaint about Islam amounts to only one demand: Be like us!

#9 FGK

FGK
  • Sisters
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 10:29 PM

What about this scanario? I catch a train to work everyday and sometimes have the Quran in my bag to read on the train. Of course, I always read/recite it when I am in a state of wudu.

However, can I still carry it in my bag if I am not in a state of wudu?

Also, can I carry a Quran in my bag?

From what I understand, your tongue is always pure (unlike other parts of your body eg hands). Therefore, you can recite verses of Quran without being in state of wudu. Even menstruating women can recite the Quranic verses but of course, can't touch the Quran.

#10 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:28 AM

What about this scanario? I catch a train to work everyday and sometimes have the Quran in my bag to read on the train. Of course, I always read/recite it when I am in a state of wudu.

However, can I still carry it in my bag if I am not in a state of wudu?

Also, can I carry a Quran in my bag?

Yes coz its covered and you can carry it as long as it's above your waist, showing some respect to the Quran. Allah Alam:)
That which brings you closer to Allah (swt), is the greatest blessing of all.

#11 Um Zaynab

Um Zaynab

i'kal wa tawakkal

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

salam

here is another one from sunnipath about this topic. incidently this is 'hanafi fiqh.

Can you handle a copy of the Quran without wudhu if it is covered or if you use something e.g. cloth? I understand the same circumstances apply to a mushaf as well as a quran tafsir book? 2. what about handling something which has Quran in/on it? examples may be a clock with surah al-fatihah and first few verses of al-Baqarah on it, a frame for the wall which has part of Ayat-ul-Kursi on it, even a paper with some Qur'an written on it? 3. is it better to write Quran with capital 'Q'? what should our approach be whenever we write such 'sacred' info including writing names of prophets? what about writing generally good things, should there be any extra etiquette without which we would sin?

Answer

Assalamu alaykum

1. Yes one can handle a copy of the Qur�an without wudu (without touching it directly, which is haram), provided that if it is covered by something unattached to it, i.e. not the cover. One can also hold a cloth to pick it up with. However, it is prohibitively disliked to use a piece of cloth that one is wearing, for example one�s sleeve. [Hashiya al-Tahtawi, 1:206, Maktaba al-�Ilm al-Hadith]

2. Books of tafsir may be touched if the tafsir content is greater than the Qur�an content, though it is disliked to touch them without wudu.

3. Objects with Qur�anic verses on them are not the same as a mus-haff (copy of the Qur�an). One may touch these without wudu provided that on does not touch the actual Qur�anic verse which would require wudu to touch.

4. Following the rules of the English language, names of prophets should be written with capitals, the same with the Qur�an. If one takes any specific measures to show reverence to the Qur�an or to any of the prophets of Allah (May the peace and blessings of Allah be on them all) then one can certainly benefit spiritually from this act of reverence and can be rewarded for it.

And Allah knows best.

Sohail Hanif

has anyone heard of the following before?

if only in a situation of learning, the teacher can touch the quran without wudu'. students can touch and recite the quran without wudu'.

also, i heard that one can wear a glove if not in state of wudu and read the quran, in the link Alphadude provided it is saying haram. that was interesting for me as i have dne this before may Allah forgive me.

wasalam
if you educate a man, you educate an individual, but if you educate a female, you educate a nation

#12 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

salam

has anyone heard of the following before?

if only in a situation of learning, the teacher can touch the quran without wudu'. students can touch and recite the quran without wudu'.

also, i heard that one can wear a glove if not in state of wudu and read the quran, in the link Alphadude provided it is saying haram. that was interesting for me as i have dne this before may Allah forgive me.

wasalam

from my limited understanding sis, there's a hadith which says no one should touch the qur'an except one who is taahir (pure) and one should have a wudu before touching quran or prayer. Allahu Alam.

isnt it more meritorious if one wants to learn or read quran to be in a state of wudu<_<<_< as one sufi scholar says "Be with Allah / You'll find Allah with you."
That which brings you closer to Allah (swt), is the greatest blessing of all.

#13 alaq

alaq
  • Brothers
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

...has anyone heard of the following before?

The schools differ. Its best to learn a school, follow it and ignore everything else.
I have heard similar rulings to what you mention (teaching etc) from the Malikis though without learning the specific conditions there is no benefit.
كُنْ مَعَ الله - تَرَ اللهَ مَعَك

#14 Zeey

Zeey
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

Salam,

How weird..I went to a talk last week..it was an question and answer forum. And there was a girl that asked the sheikh a question in regards to the whole issue of being in the state of wudu when touching the quran etc. He said (I WAS SHOCKED AND SPEECHLESS) that there is no ''dalil'' in the quran that clearly states in a direct way a person needed to be in the state of wudu when dealing/touching the quran. Also that when a female in menstruating there is no dalil in the quran to say that she cannot touch the quran and also that her hair doesn't need to be covered..because there is no dalil, however, he said that it was PREFERRED! I've read in sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many places that a woman is not to touch the quran while menstruating it is not permissable!

I couldn't believe it!

What does everyone think about this!?

Wasalam.

#15 Um Zaynab

Um Zaynab

i'kal wa tawakkal

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

salam

may Allah forgive us our sins.

to my understanding surat al waaqi'ah is specifically state that whoevetouches the quran needs to be in a state of purity. a menstruating woman cannot be in a state of purity for this reason she cannot pray while menstruating. thus, a menstruating woman cannot touch the quran. i was even taught that while menstruating, a woman can only read with the eyes only the quran...Allahu A'lam

here is the part i am refering to in surat al waaqi'a

[56:75-79] And I swear by the falling of the stars –and that is a mighty oath if you only knew –it truly is a Noble Qur'an, in a well protected Book. No one may touch it except the purified.

tafsir al jalalayn on this ayah
[56:75-79] Nay, I swear (fa-lā uqsimu: lā is extra) by the setting-places of the stars!
And indeed it, the swearing by these [setting-places of stars], is a tremendous oath, if you only knew — if you were people of [deep] knowledge, you would realise the magnitude of this oath.
This, namely, what is being recited to you, is indeed a noble Qur'ān,
in a Book, inscribed, guarded, preserved, and this is the Mushaf;
which none touch (lā yamassuhu is a predicate functioning as a prohibitive command)
except the purified, those who have purified themselves of ritual impurities, [56:80] a revelation, revealed, by the Lord of the Worlds.

source

wasalam

if you educate a man, you educate an individual, but if you educate a female, you educate a nation

#16 alaq

alaq
  • Brothers
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:53 PM

There is also the story of Umar bin Al-Khattab's (May Allah be pleased with him) reversion to the religion.
The way of Ahlul Sunnah wa Jammah is to follow the Salaf.

#17 Mirza

Mirza
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:29 AM

The Qur'an is not just a book for Muslims. It is for every single person in the world. There is not one single verse in the Qur'an that tells a person to be in a state of ablution before touching the Qur'an. Some people argue that translations can be given to non-Muslims, which can be touched without ablution. However, there are Arab non-Muslims, so what about them?

The answer is that the verse in Al'Waqia does not refer to humans being purified. It says that none can touch it except those who are fully purified (look at the Arabic word). Who are those who are fully purified? The angels of Allah. Therefore, only the angels have the power over the Qur'an that Allah has given them, not the shaytan or evil humans. None can touch it, except the (most) purified.

#18 alaq

alaq
  • Brothers
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:06 PM

The answer is that the verse in Al'Waqia does not refer to humans being purified. It says that none can touch it except those who are fully purified (look at the Arabic word). Who are those who are fully purified? The angels of Allah. Therefore, only the angels have the power over the Qur'an that Allah has given them, not the shaytan or evil humans. None can touch it, except the (most) purified.

The Arabic word is: ٱلْمُطَهَّرُونَ Tahara is not a word exclusive to angels etc otherwise why would fiqh books have wudu and ghusl in the book of tahara?
The time proven tafsir linked to above states: which none touch (lā yamassuhu is a predicate functioning as a prohibitive command) except the purified, those who have purified themselves of ritual impurities, [56:80] a revelation, revealed, by the Lord of the Worlds.

Anyway I am not going to pretend I can interpenetrate the Quran nor debate non-issues. Fiqh is derived from deep understanding and rarely from one source. This is why the safest way is the way of the ulama.

#19 Um Zaynab

Um Zaynab

i'kal wa tawakkal

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

salam

Mirza
why would the angels be needing to touch the Quran?

if what you are asumming is correct then why do we need to do wudu'/ghusul anyway? we are always going to be impure. you can see the wrong in such view because we can do things to purify ourselves to pray and also to read and touch the quran.

anyway it is not healthy for one to interpret words of the quran from own knoweldege as there are a lot of things needed to be taken into account to do tafsir of even one letter of the quran. because of this it is better to leave it to the qualified scholars to do the job for us.

don't you think so?

wasalam

#20 Mirza

Mirza
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:49 AM

The Arabic word is: ٱلْمُطَهَّرُونَ Tahara is not a word exclusive to angels etc otherwise why would fiqh books have wudu and ghusl in the book of tahara?
The time proven tafsir linked to above states: which none touch (lā yamassuhu is a predicate functioning as a prohibitive command) except the purified, those who have purified themselves of ritual impurities, [56:80] a revelation, revealed, by the Lord of the Worlds.

Anyway I am not going to pretend I can interpenetrate the Quran nor debate non-issues. Fiqh is derived from deep understanding and rarely from one source. This is why the safest way is the way of the ulama.

The Arabic word is "muTah-haruun" (Mutahreen). It refers to those who are entirely pure, i.e., sinless. Of all the created beings of Allah's, none are more pure than the angels, and "Mutahreen" refers to none else but them. This was meant to refute all those who thought that the Qur'an came from an evil source, hence Allah said that none had control of it but the pure, and the evil beings are not pure.

salam

Mirza
why would the angels be needing to touch the Quran?

if what you are asumming is correct then why do we need to do wudu'/ghusul anyway? we are always going to be impure. you can see the wrong in such view because we can do things to purify ourselves to pray and also to read and touch the quran.

anyway it is not healthy for one to interpret words of the quran from own knoweldege as there are a lot of things needed to be taken into account to do tafsir of even one letter of the quran. because of this it is better to leave it to the qualified scholars to do the job for us.

don't you think so?

wasalam

Salam.

The Qur'an is preserved in a book/tablet well guarded, as Allah says in the Qur'an,

[al-Burooj 85:21-22] "Nay, but it is a glorious Qur'an.(22)(Inscribed) in a Tablet Preserved!"

This refers to the Qur'an in the Heaven, which none can have the right to deal with except the angels, who are entirely pure. No human is as pure as the angels, and no human can be entirely purified. It is our nature to have bad thoughts and commit mistakes. Also, when we have to pray, we have to purify ourselves from physical impurities, so that we can stand clean before Allah. As for your last comment, there is nothing wrong with agreeing with some of them and reflecting their views. You will find lots of scholars agreeing with me on the matter. If the Qur'an says that only the most purified can touch it, then how do non-Muslims touch it? It is easy for them. Clearly the Qur'an says that the angels can touch the Qur'an which is perfectly guarded, and none of other creations can do that.

#21 Um Zaynab

Um Zaynab

i'kal wa tawakkal

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:21 PM

sallam

The schools differ. Its best to learn a school, follow it and ignore everything else.
I have heard similar rulings to what you mention (teaching etc) from the Malikis though without learning the specific conditions there is no benefit.

i think you are right. it depends on the school of thought that th esheikh you ask is following. because just two days ago, Mahmoud alMasry on Iqraa television network [from egypt] said in reply to a question similar to this topic. he told the sister to wear gloves [she said she had mesies] and there would not be a problem in her reading the quran.

wassalaam

#22 Alpha

Alpha
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:05 AM

to my understanding surat al waaqi'ah is specifically state that whoevetouches the quran needs to be in a state of purity. a menstruating woman cannot be in a state of purity for this reason she cannot pray while menstruating. thus, a menstruating woman cannot touch the quran. i was even taught that while menstruating, a woman can only read with the eyes only the quran...Allahu A'lam

here is the part i am refering to in surat al waaqi'a

[56:75-79] And I swear by the falling of the stars –and that is a mighty oath if you only knew –it truly is a Noble Qur'an, in a well protected Book. No one may touch it except the purified.

Eid Mubarab,

There is deference between the physical touch and the psychological touch

Allah used both words in many places in the Quran

The meaning of the previous Ayah doesn't relate to the Woudou or physical Tahara but actually related to the spiritual Tahara, so the meaning will be something like this:"the person who is not pure/purified from inside will not be able to understand the meaning of the Quran".

So we can't use this verse as a proof that if you don't have Woudou/physical Tahara you can't touch the Quran. No evidence in the Quran -
that I am aware of-saying: that you have to have physical Tahara before touchinging it.

Just to give an example in the deference between the Lamasaلمس & Massa مس

Lamasa

The Kufar is asking the prophet to have a real book so they can touch it by their hands

ولو نزلنا عليك كتابا في قرطاس فلمسوه بايديهم لقال الذين كفروا ان هذا الا سحر مبين
سورة الأنعام - سورة 6 - آية 7

Had we sent down unto thee (Muhammad) (actual) writing upon parchment, so that they could feel it with their hands, those who disbelieve would have said: This is naught else than mere magic. 6:7

Allah is telling us that we can't pray if we physically touch the women and at the same time the women touched us ( continues touching, not just by mistake, or accidently, things that relate to sexual interactions)

يا ايها الذين امنوا لا تقربوا الصلاة وانتم سكارى حتى تعلموا ما تقولون ولا جنبا الا عابري سبيل حتى تغتسلوا وان كنتم مرضى او على سفر او جاء احد منكم من الغائط او لامستم النساء فلم تجدوا ماء فتيمموا صعيدا طيبا فامسحوا بوجوهكم وايديكم ان الله كان عفوا غفورا سورة 4 - آية 43

O ye who believe! Draw not near unto prayer when ye are drunken, till ye know that which ye utter, nor when ye are polluted, save when journeying upon the road, till ye have bathed. And if ye be ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have touched women, and ye find not water, then go to high clean soil and rub your faces and your hands (therewith). Lo! Allah is Benign, Forgiving. 04:43

Massa

لا يمسه الا المطهرون سورة 56 - آية 79

Which none toucheth save the purified,56:79

ام حسبتم ان تدخلوا الجنة ولما ياتكم مثل الذين خلوا من قبلكم مستهم الباساء والضراء وزلزلوا حتى يقول الرسول والذين امنوا معه متى نصر الله الا ان نصر الله قريب
سورة البقرة - سورة 2 - آية 214

Or think ye that ye will enter paradise while yet there hath not come unto you the like of (that which came to) those who passed away before you? Affliction and adversity befell them, they were shaken as with earthquake, till the messenger (of Allah) and those who believed along with him said: When cometh Allah's help? Now surely Allah's help is nigh 2:214

ان يمسسكم قرح فقد مس القوم قرح مثله وتلك الايام نداولها بين الناس وليعلم الله الذين امنوا ويتخذ منكم شهداء والله لا يحب الظالمين
سورة آل عمران - سورة 3 - آية 140

If ye have received a blow, the (disbelieving) people have received a blow the like thereof. These are (only) the vicissitudes which We cause to follow one another for mankind, to the end that Allah may know those who believe and may choose witnesses from among you; and Allah loveth not wrong-doers. 3:140

ثم بدلنا مكان السيئة الحسنة حتى عفوا وقالوا قد مس اباءنا الضراء والسراء فاخذناهم بغتة وهم لا يشعرون سورة 7 - آية 95

Then changed We the evil plight for good till they grew affluent and said: Tribulation and distress did touch our fathers. Then We seized them unawares, when they perceived not. 7:95

ان الذين اتقوا اذا مسهم طائف من الشيطان تذكروا فاذا هم مبصرون سورة 7 - آية 201

Lo! those who ward off (evil), when a glamour from the devil troubleth them, they do but remember (Allah's Guidance) and behold them seers! 7:201

واذا مس الانسان الضر دعانا لجنبه او قاعدا او قائما فلما كشفنا عنه ضره مر كان لم يدعنا الى ضر مسه كذلك زين للمسرفين ما كانوا يعملون سورة 10 - آية 12

And if misfortune touch a man he crieth unto Us, (while reclining) on his side, or sitting or standing, but when We have relieved him of the misfortune he goeth his way as though he had not cried unto Us because of a misfortune that afflicted him. Thus is what they do made (seeming) fair unto the prodigal. 10:12

قال ابشرتموني على ان مسني الكبر فبم تبشرون سورة 15 - آية 54

He said: Bring ye me good tidings (of a son) when old age hath overtaken me? Of what then can ye bring good tidings?

#23 cheesegirl

cheesegirl
  • Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

One of my Quran translations says in brackets that the verse actually is referring to the lawh almahfoz and not the Quran... (re the one about none touch it but those who are pure).

Could be just one opinion though.
"Have they not travelled in the land so that they should have hearts with which to understand, or ears with which to hear? For surely it is not the eyes that are blind, but blind are the hearts which are in the breasts."
[al-Hajj, ayah 46]

#24 Um Zaynab

Um Zaynab

i'kal wa tawakkal

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:07 AM

salaam

Eid Mubarab,

There is deference between the physical touch and the psychological touch

Allah used both words in many places in the Quran

The meaning of the previous Ayah doesn't relate to the Woudou or physical Tahara but actually related to the spiritual Tahara, so the meaning will be something like this:"the person who is not pure/purified from inside will not be able to understand the meaning of the Quran".

So we can't use this verse as a proof that if you don't have Woudou/physical Tahara you can't touch the Quran. No evidence in the Quran -
that I am aware of-saying: that you have to have physical Tahara before touchinging it.

Just to give an example in the deference between the Lamasaلمس & Massa مس

i do not disagree with you about the different uses of the verb "lamasa" in the Quran.

i have heard many shuyukh who refered to this verse when talking about tahara from mensies for women which is why i have quoted this verse.

i am uncomfortable discussing the tafsir of the ayahs of the quran because i know i am not qualified enough to do such a thing. i merely relayed what i have heard.

even if i asked you for the source you have based your opinion on the tafsir of that verse not being meant as physical touch, i would not be able to judge if it is correct or not since i am not learned enough.

however, i assume it is a common knowledge that when a person is "taahir" the implication of both internal and outward tahara is indicated..they are not seperated..so there is no way that a pious woman who has "tahara" in the heart can touch the Quran if she is not in a physical state of tahara. it is simply illogical. if it is not, why then women cannot pray while they are in mensies? why do we need to do a ritual after the impure state finishes, we can just take a shower and on with the praying...

i hope you are not inplying that a women with mensies can touch the Quran without wearing a glove or some sort of barrier. if so what is your source/evidence?

i do not think anyone of us here can say without refering to reliable sources from prominent shuyukh that physical tahara is not needed when one is touching the Quran.

wassalaam

#25 FatBoyMuslim

FatBoyMuslim
  • Banned
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:10 AM

maybe alpha should quote the major fuqahaa on this topic.

#26 Um Zaynab

Um Zaynab

i'kal wa tawakkal

• Members
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

hence though, tahara and wudu' is totally different thing..to one of the mazaheb, a person can read the quran in the context of "teaching-learning" environment if he/she does not have wudu'...but must be in a state of tahara.

the sheikh Mahmud al masry who the one i recently heard saying that one can even read the quran out loud and touch it but with a glove or some barrier...

this is clearly evident that this ruling is depended upon the mazhab of the sheikh one asks. hence it does not mean one is correct and the other is not..as long as the asked sheikh is qualified to be asked to give answers to such questions.

#27 roobarb

roobarb

I am a dude!

• Members
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:19 AM

Random question.
Why is a menstrating woman not considered pure?
I'd almost feel sorry for him if he weren't such a knob - tr3x
roobarb is actually a girls name in Arabic lol hence why I've always thought you were a girl - mango
since you are a worthless and shameless lowlife - FatBoyMuslim

#28 FatBoyMuslim

FatBoyMuslim
  • Banned
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

simple answer. because allaah has decreed as such.

islam is submission to allaah's commands. we may know the wisdom behind some of them, but we don't have to be told the wisdom for all commands. why do we pray 5 times a day and not 4 or 6? simple answer. we are commanded such.

#29 Alpha

Alpha
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:29 PM

One of my Quran translations says in brackets that the verse actually is referring to the lawh almahfoz and not the Quran... (re the one about none touch it but those who are pure).

Could be just one opinion though.

Yes sister this is one of the opinions.

#30 Alpha

Alpha
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:00 AM

salaam

however, i assume it is a common knowledge that when a person is "taahir" the implication of both internal and outward tahara is indicated..they are not seperated..so there is no way that a pious woman who has "tahara" in the heart can touch the Quran if she is not in a physical state of tahara. it is simply illogical. if it is not, why then women cannot pray while they are in mensies? why do we need to do a ritual after the impure state finishes, we can just take a shower and on with the praying...

i hope you are not inplying that a women with mensies can touch the Quran without wearing a glove or some sort of barrier. if so what is your source/evidence?

i do not think anyone of us here can say without refering to reliable sources from prominent shuyukh that physical tahara is not needed when one is touching the Quran.

wassalaam

They are separated. To pray you have to follow specific steps, one of these steps is to make Udou or Gusoul it is very clear in the Quran in this verse and it is applicable for both male and female.

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آَمَنُوا إِذَا قُمْتُمْ إِلَى الصَّلَاةِ فَاغْسِلُوا وُجُوهَكُمْ وَأَيْدِيَكُمْ إِلَى الْمَرَافِقِ وَامْسَحُوا بِرُءُوسِكُمْ وَأَرْجُلَكُمْ إِلَى الْكَعْبَيْنِ وَإِنْ كُنْتُمْ جُنُبًا فَاطَّهَّرُوا وَإِنْ كُنْتُمْ مَرْضَى أَوْ عَلَى سَفَرٍ أَوْ جَاءَ أَحَدٌ مِنْكُمْ مِنَ الْغَائِطِ أَوْ لَامَسْتُمُ النِّسَاءَ فَلَمْ تَجِدُوا مَاءً فَتَيَمَّمُوا صَعِيدًا طَيِّبًا فَامْسَحُوا بِوُجُوهِكُمْ وَأَيْدِيكُمْ مِنْهُ مَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيَجْعَلَ عَلَيْكُمْ مِنْ حَرَجٍ وَلَكِنْ يُرِيدُ لِيُطَهِّرَكُمْ وَلِيُتِمَّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ (6) المائدة

O ye who believe! When ye rise up for prayer, wash you faces, and your hands up to the elbows, and lightly rub your heads and (wash) your feet up to the ankles. And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it. Allah would not place a burden on you, but He would purify you and would perfect His grace upon you, that ye may give thanks.05:06

But if the women or man want to read the Quran they can read it and touch it without having Udou/ Igtessal because there is no evidence in the Quran and even in the Hadith – many of the scholars are saying- whatever related to this issue are considered to be very weak Hadiths.

The original rule between the Fuqaha that everything is permissible until proven otherwise.

So if you want to make something Haram you have to bring the source and evidence. Which we don't have in this case!

I studied this issue and I have reached to the conclusion that: you can read/touch the Quran without the need for Udou or Igtessal , even non Muslim can do so.

why then women cannot pray while they are in mensies? They can't pray because it is in the same Aya that they have to have" Gusul" shower (plus Aya #02:222) if you study both of them you we will find that if the women want to pray they have to be "Yathurn" cleansed which means to talk bath.

يا ايها الذين امنوا اذا قمتم الى الصلاة فاغسلوا وجوهكم وايديكم الى المرافق وامسحوا برؤوسكم وارجلكم الى الكعبين وان كنتم جنبا فاطهروا وان كنتم مرضى او على سفر او جاء احد منكم من الغائط او لامستم النساء فلم تجدوا ماء فتيمموا صعيدا طيبا فامسحوا بوجوهكم وايديكم منه ما يريد الله ليجعل عليكم من حرج ولكن يريد ليطهركم وليتم نعمته عليكم لعلكم تشكرون (المائدة 6)

ويسالونك عن المحيض قل هو اذى فاعتزلوا النساء في المحيض ولا تقربوهن حتى يطهرن فاذا تطهرن فاتوهن من حيث امركم الله ان الله يحب التوابين ويحب المتطهرين (البقرة222)

They question thee (O Muhammad) concerning menstruation. Say: It is an illness, so let women alone at such times and go not in unto them till they are cleansed. And when they have purified themselves, then go in unto them as Allah hath enjoined upon you. Truly Allah loveth those who turn unto Him, and loveth those who have a care for cleanness 02:222

I know that the common understanding is that we can't touch the Quran without Udou, but this has no evidence at least in the Quran. And the scholars have many opinions on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users