sound, although Abdur-Rahman did not hear it from Khalid. Al-Hafiz
al-Munzhari has mentioned it]

#2 Surrender

Surrender

.:~งตяřэŋdεŗ~:.

• Brothers
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:38 AM

Does anyone have and tips on sleeping at night?

i have a real big problem with sleep you can say im like a owl stay up all night sleep all day (not really) but yea

the problem is im still fully awake at about midnight

and about 5-6 i start feeling dozey but at that time i got to get up and get to work then i have to force myself to stay awake and work till about about 4-5 as soon as i get home i crash for a few hours and i randomly wake up fully buzzed

then its all over again the next day!!!

any one got tips on getting my sleep pattern straightened out and tips to get to sleep proply?
"Women were created from the rib of a man. She was not made from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be stood upon, but out of his side to be equal to him."

#3 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:00 AM

lol I do too sometimes stay up late but normally only during holidays <_< where I can sleep in again after fajr <_<

maybe this Link will help you ;)
That which brings you closer to Allah (swt), is the greatest blessing of all.

#4 Surrender

Surrender

• Brothers
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:06 AM

lol I do too sometimes stay up late but normally only during holidays <_< where I can sleep in again after fajr <_<

maybe this Link will help you ;)

thats the problem i have i dont bother trying to sleep because the time i do its time for fajr then off to work
"Women were created from the rib of a man. She was not made from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be stood upon, but out of his side to be equal to him."

#5 cucurbit

cucurbit
  • Sisters
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:25 AM

i am also a night owl (as evident by this post)

you need to break the cycle- just don't sleep during sunlight hours, force yourself to stay awake untill a reasonable time after ishaa, you'll be very tired and sleep like a baby- then wake up at a humanly time.

unrelated but- i was googling how to remember your dreams, and lots of places said to study your hands just before you slept- sounds silly i know- but i did this and it worked!

#6 Surrender

Surrender

• Brothers
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:33 AM

i am also a night owl (as evident by this post)

you need to break the cycle- just don't sleep during sunlight hours, force yourself to stay awake untill a reasonable time after ishaa, you'll be very tired and sleep like a baby- then wake up at a humanly time.

unrelated but- i was googling how to remember your dreams, and lots of places said to study your hands just before you slept- sounds silly i know- but i did this and it worked!

i try to break the cycle it works great but only for a few days at a time them im dead again!!!! wont happen again for a few weeks

how do u study your hands?
id love to remember my dreams havent remembered them for years my phycologist said 2 me its because of stress and my anxiety

depression and anxiety messes everything up :( whyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:37 AM

thats the problem i have i dont bother trying to sleep because the time i do its time for fajr then off to work

bro did u even bother to read the link :ermm: :sad:

force yourself to sleep, listen to nasheeds or something or drink hot milk or hot chamomile tea. InshaAllah if you try to do it now, you can have at least 3 and 1/2 hrs of sleep and set your alarm for fajr maybe 1/2 hr before sunrise. :) May Allah (swt) make it easy for you.

#8 Surrender

Surrender

• Brothers
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:40 AM

bro did u even bother to read the link :ermm: :sad:

force yourself to sleep, listen to nasheeds or something or drink hot milk or hot chamomile tea<_< InshaAllah if you try to do it now, you can have at least 3 and 1/2 hrs of sleep and set your alarm for fajr maybe 1/2 hr before sunrise. :) May Allah (swt) make it easy for you.

youve got alot 2 learn about me lol

#1 i cant force my self to sleep i just toss and turn
#2 ive tried the hot milk thing i actualy wakes me up lol
#3 no alarm can wake me up there was a riot on my street yrs ago i slept right through it

#9 cucurbit

cucurbit
  • Sisters
  • 4,363 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:40 AM

how do u study your hands?

stare at them, try concentrating on the lines, overall shape, distinct features, so you can see your hands in your minds eye- its a very odd process- make sure no one is looking at you, or else you'll be visiting the psychologist for another reason ;)

i have the exact same sleeping problems as you, need to shape up though its very unhealthy.
keeping your room cold helps too

#10 Surrender

Surrender

• Brothers
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:49 AM

stare at them, try concentrating on the lines, overall shape, distinct features, so you can see your hands in your minds eye- its a very odd process- make sure no one is looking at you, or else you'll be visiting the psychologist for another reason ;)

i have the exact same sleeping problems as you, need to shape up though its very unhealthy.
keeping your room cold helps too

hmm sounds really weird but ill give it ago.....i know its unhealthy not sleeping raises your stress levels which ends up making other problems worse

#11 Aqua

Aqua

Um Muhammad

• Sisters
  • 6,735 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:59 AM

Posted Image

#12 Ibn Tarek

Ibn Tarek
  • Brothers
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

do you do well off 4-5 hours sleep or do you need 7-8 hours usually? some people can do 4 hours day after day for up to a week and when you talk with them, they seem normal. Me... i can't do that. i get 6 hours for 5 days and i'm a grumpy bum and my eyes aare falling out of my head. i need a good 8 hours ideally once every 3-4 days (never happens), and no less than 5.5 per night i reckon.

point is, are you oversleeping? if you need 8 hours and you are sleeping 8-9 hours for consequetive days, you will stay up later. if you need only 5 hours but are sleeping 7-8 hours, then you will stay up later disrupting your sleeping pattern.

work out what you need, go to bed tired at 12pm. wake up at whatever time without over sleeping and don't go back to sleep. or whatever format suits you.

also, do some excersize and eat right.
And this little light of mine, a gift you passed on to me;
I'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way,
Your way home ...

#13 wladimir

wladimir

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:37 PM

Exercise more.

When you get home from work, have dinner, then coffee (to keep yourself from falling asleep), then 2.5 hours after your dinner, go for a 1 hour run.

Come home, and sleep like a baby.

Problem solved.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" - Martin Luther King Jr. (April 16, 1963)

#14 Surrender

Surrender

• Brothers
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

Posted Image

^^^^cant see the pic :wacko:

do you do well off 4-5 hours sleep or do you need 7-8 hours usually? some people can do 4 hours day after day for up to a week and when you talk with them, they seem normal. Me... i can't do that. i get 6 hours for 5 days and i'm a grumpy bum and my eyes aare falling out of my head. i need a good 8 hours ideally once every 3-4 days (never happens), and no less than 5.5 per night i reckon.

point is, are you oversleeping? if you need 8 hours and you are sleeping 8-9 hours for consequetive days, you will stay up later. if you need only 5 hours but are sleeping 7-8 hours, then you will stay up later disrupting your sleeping pattern.

work out what you need, go to bed tired at 12pm. wake up at whatever time without over sleeping and don't go back to sleep. or whatever format suits you.

also, do some excersize and eat right.

^^^^^week days i only get a few hours sleep but weekends or days off i do kinda over sleep, over sleep actualy makes me feel sick headaches stomache sickness etc i should work towards fixing it

Exercise more.

When you get home from work, have dinner, then coffee (to keep yourself from falling asleep), then 2.5 hours after your dinner, go for a 1 hour run.

Come home, and sleep like a baby.

Problem solved.

^^^^^^^^
I dont drink coffee lol its bad for you it de-hydrates your joints and later on in life causes arthritis
i might start the night time run never thought of that tohught im not the running type of person :P insh'Allah ill try it tomorrow night and let you know how it goes :)

#15 injoyandsorrow

injoyandsorrow
  • Brothers
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

:salam:

Run on coffee for a few days.
Then one day go without.

Trust me.
You'll sleep.

#16 Surrender

Surrender

• Brothers
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:10 PM

:salam:

Run on coffee for a few days.
Then one day go without.

Trust me.
You'll sleep.

which coffe you talking about pure coffee or that crappy watered down instant coffee?

#17 FreePalestine

FreePalestine
  • Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:30 PM

I should really try that. I hope it works. It'll be useful, especially when you pray Istikhara and expect to see a sign in your dream, but instead you wake up not remembering anything at all...

:(
My lord, forgive me and my parents - my lord, have mercy on them as they cherished me in my childhood.

#18 Surrender

Surrender

• Brothers
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

I should really try that. I hope it works. It'll be useful, especially when you pray Istikhara and expect to see a sign in your dream, but instead you wake up not remembering anything at all...

:(

i was up heaps late well early like 3-4am

i was going to try it but i fully forgot and passed out asleep

i shall try it tonight and actualy remember to do it this time

#19 Ibn Tarek

Ibn Tarek
  • Brothers
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:42 PM

don't go running right before bed though. you'll stay awake. if anything, go for a run before dinner or at least as early as possible.
And this little light of mine, a gift you passed on to me;
I'm gonna let it shine to guide you safely on your way,
Your way home ...

#20 Shamsy

Shamsy
  • Moderators
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:56 PM

I have a perfect trick! (works everytime for me!!)

Just stare straight ahead into the blackness- try to pin point one spot in the blackness and just try to stare at it- don't cringe your eyes- just stare naturally but concentrate on the spot... Then you'll feel your eyes roll tensely and BANG! your gone!

Works like a charm for me every time!
O you who are seeking your Lord, when has your Lord ever looked to your physical body's prostration in comparison to the hearts,
Learn the Prostration of the heart! Habib Umar bin Hafeedh.

http://meetmyscarf.blogspot.com.au

http://thehajjofkingsandqueens.blogspot.com.au/

#21 FreePalestine

FreePalestine
  • Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

This is my trick which i've posted here on mv before:

When i have trouble falling asleep i get my "masbaha" and keep saying alhamdulilah or istagfurallah till i just fall asleep. Seems to do the trick for me.

Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight :)
My lord, forgive me and my parents - my lord, have mercy on them as they cherished me in my childhood.

#22 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 12:12 AM

coffee causes arthritis

are you serious, says who :blink:

I have a perfect trick! (works everytime for me!!)

Just stare straight ahead into the blackness- try to pin point one spot in the blackness and just try to stare at it- don't cringe your eyes- just stare naturally but concentrate on the spot... Then you'll feel your eyes roll tensely and BANG! your gone!

Works like a charm for me every time!

gee, you're scary, once lights off, my eyes shut, scared to look at anything else in the dark <_< lol

This is my trick which i've posted here on mv before:
When i have trouble falling asleep i get my "masbaha" and keep saying alhamdulilah or istagfurallah till i just fall asleep. Seems to do the trick for me.
Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight :)

o yeah, I used to watch my mum (who always have difficulty in sleeping) holding her tasbih each time she goes to bed, I know when she falls asleep is when the tasbih dropped from her hand Alhamdullillah :)

#23 MoldyToast

MoldyToast
  • Members
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:16 AM

youve got alot 2 learn about me lol

#1 i cant force my self to sleep i just toss and turn
#2 ive tried the hot milk thing i actualy wakes me up lol
#3 no alarm can wake me up there was a riot on my street yrs ago i slept right through it

I used to be just like this (all the way down to sleeping through alarms - our burglar alarm malfunctioned at 3am once and I slept like a baby), all the way through uni and my first full-time job, which started late in the afternoon and often finished around midnight/1am. The only thing that really fixed me was a 9-to-5 job.

A couple of things that may help:
- No computer use for an hour before bed
- No TV either
- No chocolate (painful, I know), in fact, try leaving an hour in between eating and bed
- Don't read anything that will make you emotional. It really does make a difference. I had a terrible night's sleep a few nights ago and I blame it entirely on the fact that I had an argument on twitter with someone about Miranda Devine's stupid column and then read the second last chapter of Stephen King's book Under the Dome, which is terribly stressful and anxiety-inducing because you know something horrible is about to happen. The night after I read a No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Book. Much more calming.

Your brain needs to wind down before it can go to sleep. Going from hyperstimulation to nothing at all is a guaranteed way to spend hours lying there, staring at the ceiling.
NB: I'm a girl (there appears to have been some confusion over this...).

#24 Surrender

Surrender

• Brothers
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:41 PM

are you serious, says who :blink:

its a fact caffine de-hydrates you and it de-hydrates your joints which leads to wear and tear over the years and when u get to a certain age where your body isnt strong enough it turns into full on arthritis

#25 Surrender

Surrender

• Brothers
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

ALHUMDULILAH

I had the best sleep last night i full forgot about all these posts i went bed around 10ish and watched "The message" its not a boring movie but relaxing as concerntrating for so long just knocked me out!!!!

The words of Allah is really powerfull if it knocked me out cold :lol:

#26 FreePalestine

FreePalestine
  • Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

ALHUMDULILAH

I had the best sleep last night i full forgot about all these posts i went bed around 10ish and watched "The message" its not a boring movie but relaxing as concerntrating for so long just knocked me out!!!!

The words of Allah is really powerfull if it knocked me out cold :lol:

:thumbsup:

#27 FreePalestine

FreePalestine
  • Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:13 PM

An interesting article about sleep. I find that thinking a lot or stressing about things before going to bed does affect the amount of sleep you get.

Want to live longer? Get some shuteye!

We all know most of the benefits of getting a good night's sleep, but new European research has found that it not only benefits our everyday health and wellbeing, it can also help us live longer.

Research conducted by the University of Warwick and the University of Naples Federico II found poor sleepers who get less than six hours of sleep a night were 12 percent more likely to die prematurely.

The research found seven hours of sleep was ideal and those who did get that amount of shuteye would live a longer and healthier life.

Achieving this amount of sleep is a challenge for around 20 percent of Australians who have a disturbed sleep, the late Harry Teichtahl from the Australasian Sleep Association said in a 2007 Pfizer Australia media release.

Teichtahl said 20 percent of Australians reported being disturbed between three and five times every night, while close to two-thirds reported difficulty going to sleep.

The health report also found that two-in-five Australians say they do not wake up feeling refreshed.

"Insomnia is often caused by worrying," Teichtahl said.

"This, combined with the long hours and stresses of our 24-hour society, is a recipe for leaving the majority of the population living in a constant state of fatigue. Not a healthy, or safe, way to live," he said.

"Sleep is important because it is a period of rest and recuperation for the body and brain. Using medications to aid insomnia only masks the problem and those people who are in the habit of having an afternoon nap and trying to sleep in on the weekend are only reinforcing the cycle of poor sleeping patterns."

But the new research findings shouldn't be taken as an open invitation to sleep in too much, too often. The research found that sleeping more than nine hours a night could indicate a serious underlying illness.

http://womansday.nin...et-some-shuteye

#28 omnichrono

omnichrono

♂ The Lost Boy ♂

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:17 PM

Nothing like more reports to tell me how unhealthy I am. 12% more likely to die prematurely, I just keep racking up those kind of percents.
╔═══╗ ♪ ♬ Tala'al-Badru 'alayna ♩♪♫♬
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ♫ ♪
╚═══╝♪♪

#29 FreePalestine

FreePalestine
  • Members
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

hahahah, yep, me too :ermm:

#30 omnichrono

omnichrono

♂ The Lost Boy ♂

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

hahahah, yep, me too :ermm:

Race you! lol Insha'Allah you sleep a little better than I do.
╔═══╗ ♪ ♬ Tala'al-Badru 'alayna ♩♪♫♬
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ♫ ♪
╚═══╝♪♪

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users