Weekly Reminders

108 replies to this topic

#1 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

Assalamu Alaikum,

This thread is one for reminders to do good, could be anything like fasting every Mondays and Thursdays, reading Surat al-Kahf on Friday, attending a talk on Saturday, fasting the three middle days of the month (white days)...Anything rewarding..

Reminder for tonight (Friday night) is to read Surat al-Kahf:

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khduri that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on Friday, he will be illuminated with light between the two Fridays.”

Narrated by al-Haakim; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 836

Whosoever is in the heavens and on earth begs of Him (its needs from Him). Every day He is (engaged) in some affair (such as giving honour or disgrace to some, life or death to some, etc.)!

Surat ar-Rahmaan verse 29

#2 Lady Grey

Lady Grey

whispering elephantshoe.

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

Wa alaykum salaam wa rahmatuAllaahi wabaraakatuhu,

What a lovely thread!

Remember to do everything right.

Aisha radyaAllahu anhaa related:

The Prophet sallal lahu alayhi wasalam used to start every thing from the right (for good things) whenever it was possible in all his affairs; for example: in washing, combing or wearing shoes. - Sahih Bukhari

(They say): 'Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after you have guided us , and grant us mercy from You. Truly , you are the Bestower.' 3:8.

#3 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

jazakillahu khayran :D
Whosoever is in the heavens and on earth begs of Him (its needs from Him). Every day He is (engaged) in some affair (such as giving honour or disgrace to some, life or death to some, etc.)!

#4 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:43 PM

ok,

reminder for Monday

It was narrated that Aishah [may Allaah be pleased with her] said: The Prophet was keen to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 745; al-Nasaa’, 2361; Ibn Maajah, 1739; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1044.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah [may Allaah be pleased with him] that the Messenger of Allaah said: “Deeds are shown (to Allah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041

#5 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

reminder for Thursday

It was narrated that Aishah [may Allaah be pleased with her] said: The Prophet was keen to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 745; al-Nasaa’, 2361; Ibn Maajah, 1739; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1044.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah [may Allaah be pleased with him] that the Messenger of Allaah said: “Deeds are shown (to Allah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041

#6 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:09 PM

reminder for Friday

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khduri that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Whoever reads Soorat al-Kahf on Friday, he will be illuminated with light between the two Fridays.”

Narrated by al-Haakim; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 836

#7 Lady Grey

Lady Grey

whispering elephantshoe.

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

i love you fee sabililah!
(They say): 'Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after you have guided us , and grant us mercy from You. Truly , you are the Bestower.' 3:8.

#8 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:09 AM

may He whose sake you love me for love you sis! :D

#9 polymath

polymath

Odds fish! Sink me!

• Brothers
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:01 AM

Jazak'Allah kheir for this thread Muslimah_Melb. :)
One of these days, thought Winston with sudden deep conviction, Syme will be vaporized. He is too intelligent. He sees too clearly and speaks too plainly. One day he will disappear.

#10 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:28 PM

wa iyyak. But where are the reminders?? I forgot to come up yesterday and put the reminder to fast today because I had the 3 day funeral at my house for my grandad may Allah have mercy on him and yesterday was the 3rd day.

#11 Abzville

Abzville

Real Talk

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:20 AM

Salams.

Do not forget to love the Prophet (saws) more than you love yourself.

For he or she who loves the Prophet (saws) more than they love themselves has shown that they understood what the true path is and to Whom it will be to.
The most holiest of Prophets - upon him eternal salutations, blessings and peace - was sent as the best example with the best method, with the Kitaab (the Qur'aan) and the Hikmah (The Sunnah).
He was endowed with the best of characters and the best of all things good, and he was spared from all types of evil, indeed he was a diamond amongst coals, nay he was greater.
To love him, is to understand the perfection behind his message, and the Perfection of the Lord who sent him. To love him more than oneself, is to firmly grasp the reality of that which escapes the physical senses (i.e. having true faith in that which he brought), but not the mind, with the Will of Allah (Exalted be He!).

A mighty Prophet (saws) one to whom the universe sends their prayers upon him and through which all of the believers will seek intercession through on a day where there is no shade except His (Exalted be He!) Shade.

For if you love the Prophet (saws) more than you love yourself then you have placed yourself amongst those who love him also, since "you are with those whom you love" on that Woeful Day. And who loves the Prophet (saws) more than our Almighty Creator (Exalted be He!)? when Muhammad (saws) is his Beloved - Habiibur-Rahmaan.

Why would not anyone with a mind that functions even in the slightest not want to be with he who is the beloved of the Beneficent, when the Beneficent himself loves him.

May Allah make us of those who drink from the hands of the Rasuul (saws) on that Woeful Day at his Basin, where the water is whiter than milk and sweeter than honey. May Allah make us break our egos, and let us love the beloved of the Most Merciful.

Was-salaam.

#12 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

reminder for Thursday

#13 Lady Grey

Lady Grey

whispering elephantshoe.

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:58 PM

you are too kool. Inna lillahi wa ina ilaahi raaji'oon.

middle of the week reminder.

Read. And Read Well. (I love coming up with wacky titles..anywho)

The first Surah revealed in Al-Qur'an! Al-Alaq!

In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful and Most Beneficient.

Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists), 96:!

#14 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

Reminder for Friday

#15 alaq

alaq
  • Brothers
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

JazzakAllah Kheir, may Allah give you good for the reminder.
كُنْ مَعَ الله - تَرَ اللهَ مَعَك

#16 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

wa iyyak brother Alaq, May Allah give you the best in both worlds.

#17 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:28 PM

reminder for Monday

#18 Daleel

Daleel
  • Probation
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

Sister wallahi u inspired me to read surat alkahf the second i read ur thread, and the hadith u posted
may Allah reward you for ur efforts and give u ajjr inshallah.

Assalamu alaikum,

#19 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:52 PM

^^^^

#20 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

Reminder for Friday

#21 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:27 PM

Sister wallahi u inspired me to read surat alkahf the second i read ur thread, and the hadith u posted
may Allah reward you for ur efforts and give u ajjr inshallah.

Assalamu alaikum,

ameen Daleel :) Alhamdulilah! you made me smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

reminder for Thursday

#22 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

Reminder for Friday

#23 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:31 PM

^^^^^^^

#24 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

reminder for Thursday

#25 Bint Halal

Bint Halal

DAM3ET 7OZN

• Former Member
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

JazakAllah Khair for the reminder sis :thumbsup:
Don't tell people not to tell you certain things, because they'll tell you exactly what you told them not to tell you!

Always Guilty before the sin, I can't win!

Khaybar, Khaybar yaa yahood, jayshu Muhammad sawfa ya’ood

#26 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

wa iyyakiii

#27 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:45 PM

Reminder for Friday

#28 alaq

alaq
  • Brothers
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:47 AM

Rasulullah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

"There is such an hour on Friday that if any Muslim makes dua in it, his dua will definitely be accepted. " - Bukhari, Muslim

Rasulullah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

"The word "shaahid" refers to Friday . There is no day more virtuous than Friday. There is such an hour in this day that no Muslim will make dua in it except that his dua will be accepted. And he does not seek protection from anything except that Allah Ta'ala will grant him protection . " - Tirmidhi
كُنْ مَعَ الله - تَرَ اللهَ مَعَك

#29 Lady Grey

Lady Grey

whispering elephantshoe.

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

Remind and be of a Reminder.

How can you remind, when you yourself are forgetful. This is a remainder to myself first and foremost.

Allah subhana wata'alaa says in Al-Quran:
O you who believe! Be afraid of Allah, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds). 9:119

#30 muslimah_melb

muslimah_melb
  • Members
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

Remind and be of a Reminder.

How can you remind, when you yourself are forgetful. This is a remainder to myself first and foremost.

tell me about it! i need people to bump this thread as well coz I forget!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

reminder for tonight (Friday)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
there i changed the colour for ya's :D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users