Photo
- - - - -

New Macbook Pro!

45 replies to this topic

#31 Moby

Moby

He that can't endure the bad will not live to see the good.

• Sisters
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:48 PM

I just thought of it another way... for the price of a Powerbook Pro I could get two 20" iMacs, one for the home and one for the office.. mmm.

Powerbook Pro, ai? Great idea! First you have to look for one...

Different Macs work for different people, i guess. Why buy two computers when you can just get one and move it.

DO U KNOW HOW MUCH THEY WANT TO TRANSFER only my emails and address book?????? sit down ... 150$ i can't believe it. anyway i have transferred most if it myself, it's time consuming.

Yeah, just do it yourself. It doesn't require too much effort.
Posted Image

#32 fatma

fatma
  • Members
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:18 PM

Sis you can change the sensitivity of the trackpad in System Preferences...that might sort out that little niggle you're having with the MacBook

thanks I'll try that :D

I just thought of it another way... for the price of a Powerbook Pro I could get two 20" iMacs, one for the home and one for the office.. mmm.

Powerbook Pro, ai? Great idea! First you have to look for one...

Different Macs work for different people, i guess. Why buy two computers when you can just get one and move it.

DO U KNOW HOW MUCH THEY WANT TO TRANSFER only my emails and address book?????? sit down ... 150$ i can't believe it. anyway i have transferred most if it myself, it's time consuming.

Yeah, just do it yourself. It doesn't require too much effort.

i can't get the emails into the email program though, they are just in a folder and to find an old email i have to open them one at a time. :blink: :blink: :blink: i'm not very computer literate, i know that there's a simple way but couldn't find export/ import stuff

#33 ebbi

ebbi

• Brothers
  • 902 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

Slightly unrelated...

But even King Abdullah uses a Mac w00t!!

http://www.tuaw.com/...fit-for-a-king/

#34 fatma

fatma
  • Members
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:22 PM

ebbi, changed the trackpad sensitivity thingo - thanks, gee didn't know they were called a TRACKPAD haha :egads:

#35 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:24 AM

found cool links :dance: :star:

MacOffice
That which brings you closer to Allah (swt), is the greatest blessing of all.

#36 fatma

fatma
  • Members
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:07 PM

i looked at that ad for office 2008 it looks cool and would be great if my workplace used mac

#37 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

Posted Image

eeww what an awful colour :blink:

#38 Aqua

Aqua

Um Muhammad

• Sisters
  • 6,735 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

Masha'Allah my MBP (from 10/08) is still going strong! I never bothered to buy extended warranty and I also never bothered to update to Snow Leopard. A few weeks ago, I just happened to be in the Apple store and asked them about Lion and if would be $$$ to go from Leopard to Lion. It turns out that it will cost in the hundreds so my best option will be to purchase Snow leopard and then later on get Lion. So I bought the CD, went home and started to install it. My computer crashed and appeared to have died. 2 days later I took it in, they tried to do the installation and again it didn't work. They sent it off for repair, replaced a part and billed me for 900 odd dollars :o I complained saying that the only reason the computer crashed in the first place was thanks to Snow Leopard. 5 minutes later, the bill was wiped clean and I was sent on my merry way laptop in hand :D

Also, if your iPhone is cracked, faulty or the functions have gone bonkers. As long as it is under warranty you can get it replaced (like for like) for free from the Apple store. I went through 4 phones in a matter of a few weeks lol

#39 fatma

fatma
  • Members
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

Both my laptops died, my mac book pro recently. Both needed a new motherboard, $950!! now i have a mac desktop, it's a reconditioned one but i think it is having a few freakouts. I have taken it back once and they put more ram in it. It's still under warranty. I think I will get a new mac though because i'm scared this will die and i'll lose my stuff.

#40 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

@Aqua Mabruk MashaAllah my MBP is still going strong too MashaAllah MashaAllah Alhamdullillah :) my iphone4 back glass cracked into pieces last year and I went to Apple store they want $300 for the repair, they said even though its under warranty, it doesnt cover for my carelessness :( anyway got a good friend to order the part and fix it for me for $50 :yay: and only last week someone took off the back cover to have a look at it and it dropped again and it cracked again arrgh :angry:

@Fatma sorry to hear about yr macbooks,:( I would never go for any other brands, MacBook for life :dance:

#41 fatma

fatma
  • Members
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

@Aqua Mabruk MashaAllah my MBP is still going strong too MashaAllah MashaAllah Alhamdullillah :) my iphone4 back glass cracked into pieces last year and I went to Apple store they want $300 for the repair, they said even though its under warranty, it doesnt cover for my carelessness :( anyway got a good friend to order the part and fix it for me for $50 :yay: and only last week someone took off the back cover to have a look at it and it dropped again and it cracked again arrgh :angry:

@Fatma sorry to hear about yr macbooks,:( I would never go for any other brands, MacBook for life :dance:

CM i reckon i might get a desktop not a laptop. I had a permanent cooked mark on my leg. Yes I know I should have got a fan and that might be why it died because i never turned it off. Just let it sleep. But I did expect it to last longer than 3 1/2 years because it was so expensive. The ibook lasted a lot longer.

#42 Sibawayh

Sibawayh
  • Brothers
  • 686 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

I love the MacBook Pro. I don't think I can ever go back to Windows. Love my MB Pro.

إذا كان هذا كافرا جاء ذمه
وتبت يداه في الجحيم مخلدا
أتى أنه في يوم الإثنين دائما
يخفف عنه لسرور بأحمد
وما الظن بعبد الذي طول عمره
بأحمد مسرورا و مات موحدا

#43 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

Need help. :cry: My macbook died on me.Ive tried to turn on and off with the plug in and after few seconds it gone blank, try going to macforum to see if there is anyway I can do it myself lol, doesnt help much, anyone experience this before apart from Fatma lol,I hope its not the motherboard :cry: is there anyway i can DIY. Im using someone else's macbook. All the brothers that I know who are expert on Macbook are all in i'tikaf, Im stuck :sad:

#44 fatma

fatma
  • Members
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

any luck with a diagnosis CM ?

#45 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,378 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

^ lol yeah Fatma I took it to the repair man, Alhamdullillah had it repaired for under $200 which is good, he changed the screen and battery. Just got it today yay Alhamdullillah. :)

#46 fatma

fatma
  • Members
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

:slowclap: :teehee: :whistle: :clap: :clap:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users