Fasting Monday And Thursday...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Daniel_*

Guest_Daniel_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:11 AM

...Outside of Ramadhan.
To what benefit is fasting these two days and why Monday and Thursday specifically? :)

#2 Palo $oldier

Palo $oldier

Rated [R]: for "Revolutionary"

• Brothers
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:18 AM

The Prophet (saw) used to do this, so thats benefit enough =]

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Deeds of people are presented (to Allah) on Mondays and Thursdays. So I like that my actions be presented while I am fasting.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

Also, a muslim shud fast everyday, not necessarily fasting from food, but from evil actions, ugly behaviour etc etc
Support Our Troops

#3 Al-muntahaa

Al-muntahaa
  • Members
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:22 AM

...Outside of Ramadhan.
To what benefit is fasting these two days and why Monday and Thursday specifically? :)

These are the days on which the angels present our actions before Allah. The Messenger (s) liked that this occur while he was in a fasting state, and the hadith stating this concludes 'each servant, who does not associate partners with Allah, will be forgiven except for a man who holds a grudge against his brother, and so it is said: hold off on these two, until they reconcile' (or something along these lines).
We have guided missiles and misguided men - MLK

#4 Al-muntahaa

Al-muntahaa
  • Members
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 12:26 AM

Also, a muslim shud fast everyday, not necessarily fasting from food, but from evil actions, ugly behaviour etc etc

The best fast (food wise) is that of Dawud, one day on one day off.
We have guided missiles and misguided men - MLK

#5 hamid_

hamid_
  • Brothers
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:00 AM

RasulAllah :saws: was asked about fasting on Mondays. He said, "That is the day on which I was born and the day on which I received Revelation.''
[Muslim].

#6 Guest_Daniel_*

Guest_Daniel_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:34 AM

JazakhAllah kheryran.

#7 pepe

pepe
  • Brothers
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:10 AM

Dani there is a story about one of the sahaba asking the prophet{pbuh} if he can fast more than ramadan and he was told(not to do it, but if he wanted) to do it monday and thursday, then the sahaba came back and asked again. He we told every second day. later on that sahaba came to the prophet {pbuh} and said that he was right that he shouldn't have fasted more than ramadan. (the commentary is that Allah{swt} loves consistency)

thought i'd share that...
The Monoculture’s complaint about Islam amounts to only one demand: Be like us!

#8 Guest_Daniel_*

Guest_Daniel_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:36 AM

I'm more asking cos I was thinking these would be the best days to make up missed fasts. :)
JazakaAllah kheyran for the info. :D

#9 coachMusa

coachMusa

Former Member

• Brothers
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

B-)
Wal'hamdhu'lil'lah aw'wal'lan wa akh'he'ran ||||| Alhumdulilla'ala'kulli'hal |||| How did you come to Islam?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users