345 replies to this topic

#31 Pearl

Pearl
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

arabella oolololl

I know it's the 21st century lol !

Next you'll tell me, you'll tell me I'm old enough to make my own decions (heard that line plenty of times before).

Does that mean that if we have values we should sacrifice them?

Confused..

#32 Tahirrah

Tahirrah

• × •HeKtic• × •

• Former Member
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:49 PM

Okay let me get this right...The salmon are the males right.

#33 pepe

pepe
  • Brothers
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:51 PM

yes.
The Monoculture’s complaint about Islam amounts to only one demand: Be like us!

#34 ABU Ahmed

ABU Ahmed
  • Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:52 PM

It all depends sis........... pink salmon, atlantic or australian salmon....................lol depending on the species, the salmon can be female too...........lol

#35 Tahirrah

Tahirrah

• × •HeKtic• × •

• Former Member
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:54 PM

^ Lol that made me laugh.

#36 pepe

pepe
  • Brothers
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:56 PM

It all depends sis........... pink salmon, atlantic or australian salmon....................lol depending on the species, the salmon can be female too...........lol

funny guy aren't you :lol:

#37 ABU Ahmed

ABU Ahmed
  • Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:57 PM

funny guy aren't you :lol:

Well brother that's just a perk of being a keen fisherman.

#38 ocean

ocean

God's Lonely Man

• Brothers
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:10 PM

:lol:
--If Religion was Object Oriented Language (eg: C++) then Islam would be equivalant to Base Class and a Muslim would be an Inferface Object.

--There is no greater act than trying to explore what is greater. 

#39 hamid_

hamid_
  • Brothers
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:39 PM

Alhamdulilah allah has given me alot of blessings.

I am finding that meeting people for marriage in Australia is difficult.

Like other girls, I have had many people approach my parents. I haven't let them through the door because I feel they are not what I am looking for.

My friends have tried to introduce me to people, but it seems that the men they know want to get to know a girl before seeing her parents. My parents and I are traditional and like to follow the islamic way.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions?

Well people don't go to your door to ask for ur hand straight away, rather they go to your door to get-to-know-you better cause they have an interest (Maybe recommended by friends or family friends, or have accidentally seen you somewhere)

Apparently theres some sort of disease in australia that makes expectations high. If you are one of those people who can go overseas and come back together, then that is an option. They don't ask much overseas and most would be more practicing and caring

#40 MrWarraEnib

MrWarraEnib

Member to Remember!!!!

• Brothers
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:41 PM

Overseas is a good option as well,
We are one, but we are many,
And from all the groups of Islam we come,
We share a belief,
And pray to one god,
I am, You are, We are Australian Muslims

www.abdulbasitonline.com :)

#41 Tahirrah

Tahirrah

• × •HeKtic• × •

• Former Member
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:43 PM

^True.

#42 Joumana

Joumana

The blessing of prayer...

• Sisters
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:47 PM

You mean bring someone out from overseas ??
He who asks is a fool for 5 minutes, but he who doesn't ask remains a fool forever...

#43 hamid_

hamid_
  • Brothers
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:52 PM

You mean bring someone out from overseas ??

Yeah, why not?

#44 Joumana

Joumana

• Sisters
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:56 PM

Yeah, why not?

I am not against it.... my husband is from overseas. However, we met here. It does need careful consideration though ..... it would be highly dependant on the two parties involved.
He who asks is a fool for 5 minutes, but he who doesn't ask remains a fool forever...

#45 pepe

pepe
  • Brothers
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 11:59 PM

Yeah, why not?

just be careful where you bring em from. i would advice against Europe(particularly Balkans) or Russia, but somehow i doubt you were talking about that :P :doh:

#46 hamid_

hamid_
  • Brothers
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:09 AM

I am not against it.... my husband is from overseas. However, we met here. It does need careful consideration though ..... it would be highly dependant on the two parties involved.

It does depend on both sides involved you are right. But given some situations from certain people that they are in here, then what i was saying was they can start to look for options overseas.

just be careful where you bring em from. i would advice against Europe(particularly Balkans) or Russia, but somehow i doubt you were talking about that :P :doh:

What i mean by overseas is muslim populated countries and the country of your origin of course.

#47 Joumana

Joumana

• Sisters
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:11 AM

It does depend on both sides involved you are right. But given some situations from certain people that they are in here, then what i was saying was they can start to look for options overseas.

What i mean by overseas is muslim populated countries and the country of your origin of course.

mmm..... i am not going to say anymore on this topic.... there are positives and negatives to everything and i think i will leave it here..

#48 Rawina

Rawina
  • Sisters
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:36 AM

Alhamdulilah allah has given me alot of blessings.

I am finding that meeting people for marriage in Australia is difficult.

Like other girls, I have had many people approach my parents. I haven't let them through the door because I feel they are not what I am looking for.

My friends have tried to introduce me to people, but it seems that the men they know want to get to know a girl before seeing her parents. My parents and I are traditional and like to follow the islamic way.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions?

Salams,

Alhamdulillah we are fortunate enough to have the blessings of our creator ..ALLAH.

Pearl.. what a wonderful nickname, I'm sure your a real pearl sis but my comment to you is,,, it's hard to find the right partner anywhere in this world not just in Australia. You live in Australia and I recommend that you mix within our Islamic community and find Mr.Right ...right here in Australia.

You say that you are getting many proposals approaching from the door, isn't that the right way a man is surpose to enter. I suggest you allow these so called grooms to at least enter as a guest and a guest is the guest of Allah. Cause you said that you haven't let them through the door as you believe they're not what your looking for. Sis how would you know them if you haven't even let them in, that doesn't make sense. At times we may hear about the man things and make quick decissions but really they turn out to be nothing like we're told. I believe that you should let these men that are honest enough to come from the door than try to come from a window...lol.

Another thing you said.....My parents and I are traditional and like to follow the islamic way. Well sis if this is what you want then I suggest you let your parents have the first say and wait till that right person walks in your home.

Sister Rawina

#49 Cat

Cat

BROTHER Cat

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:45 AM

Sis you got an older brother or uncle that could act as your Wali? Perhaps the fellas feel a bit too much pressure to impress, meeting with your parents there but might feel a little more relaxed if you have a meeting or two with a brother or uncle (or someone else your parents approve of as a Wali) there?

Just a suggestion,

Cat

#50 Slowpoke99

Slowpoke99
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:03 AM

Yeah where are all the practising muslim brothers hiding <_<

Bismillah, Hiding from the fitna of women!!! Does anyone expect practising muslim brothers to intermingle with sisters to make themselves known?

#51 Bint Halal

Bint Halal

DAM3ET 7OZN

• Former Member
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 04:16 PM

And the practising sisters are hiding from the fitnah of the males ;)

And no I don't expect the brothers to mingle with the sisters lol like I said I was being sarcastic sis
Don't tell people not to tell you certain things, because they'll tell you exactly what you told them not to tell you!

Always Guilty before the sin, I can't win!

Khaybar, Khaybar yaa yahood, jayshu Muhammad sawfa ya’ood

#52 ~Summer~

~Summer~
  • Sisters
  • 787 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:36 PM

They don't ask much overseas and most would be more practicing and caring

I was on the floor reading that :lol:
"Death is a sufficient advisor" - Prophet Muhammad saw
"He who aims for nothing hits it with remarkable success"
"Only dead fish go with the flow"

#53 OhMyGod!

OhMyGod!
  • Former Member
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:40 PM

They don't ask much overseas ...

Only your visa! :P
Behind every successful man there is a surprised woman.

#54 Sarah

Sarah

Basking in the ambience..just basking in the ambience

• Former Member
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:57 PM

Well people don't go to your door to ask for ur hand straight away, rather they go to your door to get-to-know-you better cause they have an interest (Maybe recommended by friends or family friends, or have accidentally seen you somewhere)

Apparently theres some sort of disease in australia that makes expectations high. If you are one of those people who can go overseas and come back together, then that is an option. They don't ask much overseas and most would be more practicing and caring

wowsers. olollllollll....
"(2)The revelation of the Book is from Allah the Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom. (3) Verily in the heavens and the earth, are Signs for those who believe."

(Al-Jathiyah)

#55 Shamsy

Shamsy
  • Moderators
  • 6,249 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:02 PM

^ tell me about it...

Ive heard many horrific stories of men from overseas coming here and marrying etc... and many nice ones... but unfortunately humans have a tendancy to remember the bad more often than the good. So its a no-go for me... Ya Allah.. ameen.

Edit: for OMG's post :P
O you who are seeking your Lord, when has your Lord ever looked to your physical body's prostration in comparison to the hearts,
Learn the Prostration of the heart! Habib Umar bin Hafeedh.

http://meetmyscarf.blogspot.com.au

http://thehajjofkingsandqueens.blogspot.com.au/

#56 OhMyGod!

OhMyGod!
  • Former Member
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:52 PM

I'd like to assure you sis that there are equally horrible men in Australia :P :ph34r:

#57 pepe

pepe
  • Brothers
  • 13,180 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:02 AM

I'd like to assure you sis that there are equally horrible men in Australia :P :ph34r:

lets not be sexist(gender equality/equity and all that jazz) there are similar numbers of women with "loose floorboards" :P

#58 Tahirrah

Tahirrah

• × •HeKtic• × •

• Former Member
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:12 AM

True Pepe....You should see the sisters these days!!! FREAKY

#59 Rawina

Rawina
  • Sisters
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:18 AM

Only your visa! :P

Salams,

Actually they get the visa and you get a tip....a kid or 2. :(

#60 OhMyGod!

OhMyGod!
  • Former Member
  • 7,322 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:56 AM

lets not be sexist(gender equality/equity and all that jazz) there are similar numbers of women with "loose floorboards" :P

Ok ok - since I'm into in this whole equality business, this one is for you bro:

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users