• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 al-CIAda

al-CIAda

The Best Wahhabi

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:17 AM

I'm aware of the hadith that says you should not offer salams to a non-muslim first and if you respond to their salams you respond with "wa alaikum".

what i'm wondering is... do you get a sin if you offer salams to them first?

jazakallahu khairan

wassalamu alaikum
Give us this day our daily discount outlet merchandise, raise up a multiplex and we will make a sacrifice!

#2 Acrylic

Acrylic

I am of the male part of humanity.

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:44 AM

My personal opinion is:

I don't see why you would be committing a sin by offering salams first. It's just an act of kindness, I'd think.

I know you weren't looking for my personal opinion, but I just had to throw it in there, because it makes some sense I'd think.
Do not consider any act of kindness insignificant, even meeting your brother with a cheerful face. "- The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

#3 Astral

Astral
  • Sisters
  • 10,415 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:16 AM

.trashed.

Edited by Astral, 10 August 2007 - 06:07 PM.

Life Is...
A Tragedy For Those Who Feel
A Comedy For Those Who Think
And A Melody For Those Who Understand

#4 SirZubair

SirZubair

ѕιя zυвαιя

• Brothers
  • 16,073 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:28 AM

I try my best not to reply to non-muslims in full, but every now and then it does slip out. I know a few non muslims ( some are christians and others are athiests ) who have learnt how to say "asalam alaikum" from some muslim, somewhere. Like this customer i had yesterday, he had worked in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Malaysia years and years ago,.. he was telling me how much he loves muslims and so on and on.. :)
Alhumdulilah!

#5 al-CIAda

al-CIAda

The Best Wahhabi

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:35 AM

wassalamu alaikum

wa alaikum.

View Post

thanks for talking to me like i'm a kafir. awful nice of you.
Give us this day our daily discount outlet merchandise, raise up a multiplex and we will make a sacrifice!

#6 JJJ

JJJ
  • Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:28 AM

I'm aware of the hadith that says you should not offer salams to a non-muslim first and if you respond to their salams you respond with "wa alaikum".

jazakallahu khairan

wassalamu alaikum

View Post

do u mean, salam as in "assalam alaykum"

or

do u mean, salam as in a greeting, like "hi, how are you?"
Note - i am not a sheik, so when it comes to discussion on religious matters i might be wrong. so take my opinion with a grain of salt. best to refer to people in the know (i.e. sheiks).

#7 Aqidah_police

Aqidah_police

www.darussalam.net.au

• Brothers
  • 8,544 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:41 AM

My personal opinion is:

I don't see why you would be committing a sin by offering salams first. It's just an act of kindness, I'd think.

I know you weren't looking for my personal opinion, but I just had to throw it in there, because it makes some sense I'd think.

View Post

Akhi i love you for the sake of Allah, But i have to advice you, talking and commenting on a issue that you don't have knowledge is a sin it self.
I know the aliens killed the dinosaurs.

#8 hameed

hameed

Just a Muslim

• Members
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:51 AM

There is a Hindu guy in my work and every now and then he'd say AsalamoAlaikum to me.... I normally reply Wa Alaikum. Yesterday he completed my sentence.

Him: Asalamo alaikum
Hameed: Wa Alaikum
Him: Asalaam

I do say "Hi, G'morning, etc" first, but Allaho Alam if it is sinful to do so.
I'd think it is not apropriate to say the full Salaam to them (first), if not sinful but not sure about other greetings...

Edit: I was listening to a lecture by Sheikh Khalid Yasin and he said it is ok to say Salaam, as the prophet used to say, Peace be with the seekers of the truth, but he didn't say whether it was ok to say it first or not... but that was strictly in regards to Da'wah. I'd assume it is ok to say Salaam to people who come to learn about Islam.

One thing I know that the fact Muslims didn't reply with full Salaam to non-Muslims because Jews used to come and say Asawm Alaikum (spell?) which I think means "May death be upon you". Once a jew said this to prophet and Aaisha (RA) got angry in front of the prophet (PBUH) and said "May death be upon you, your mother, your father...."

Edit2:
Giving Salams to Non-Muslims - from SunniPath

Edited by hameed, 10 August 2007 - 10:02 AM.

#9 JJJ

JJJ
  • Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

One thing I know that the fact Muslims didn't reply with full Salaam to non-Muslims because Jews used to come and say Asawm Alaikum (spell?) which I think means "May death be upon you". Once a jew said this to prophet and Aaisha (RA) got angry in front of the prophet (PBUH) and said "May death be upon you, your mother, your father...."

but wasn't that because they didn't give the proper salam, they said "May death be upon you?"

Aisha (ra) got angry, but the Prophet (SAW) told her she should have just said "to you as well" (i.e. wa alaikum)

not sure if that story applies in this case, because the Jews didn't greet the Prophet (SAW), they swore at him under the guise of a greeting.

Edited by JJJ, 10 August 2007 - 10:02 AM.

Note - i am not a sheik, so when it comes to discussion on religious matters i might be wrong. so take my opinion with a grain of salt. best to refer to people in the know (i.e. sheiks).

#10 hameed

hameed

Just a Muslim

• Members
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:06 AM

but wasn't that because they didn't give the proper salam, they said "May death be upon you?"

Aisha (ra) got angry, but the Prophet (SAW) told her she should have just said "to you as well" (i.e. wa alaikum)

not sure if that story applies in this case, because the Jews didn't greet the Prophet (SAW), they swore at him under the guise of a greeting.

View Post

I agree. It don't think it applies, I wrote it since it was the reason why Muslims used to say only Wa Alaikum to Jews back then

#11 hameed

hameed

Just a Muslim

• Members
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:13 AM

QA from IOL

It says it is impremissible to innitiate greeting of "Salaam" to non-Muslims (doesn't say whether we can say hi or not). So it is obvious that one commits a sin if he/she does what is inot allowed. However Ibn Qayyim says in his Ahkam Ahl Adh-Dhimmah that if you are absolutely sure that they said Asalamu Alaikum properly then you should say the full reply.

Is It Allowed to greet non-Muslims with the words "As-Salamu `Alaykum”?

#12 al-CIAda

al-CIAda

The Best Wahhabi

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:15 PM

alhamdulilah.

#13 JJJ

JJJ
  • Members
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:16 PM

so we can't say the salaam, but can we say "hi" (i.e. non-islamic greetings)?

#14 Astral

Astral
  • Sisters
  • 10,415 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:56 PM

thanks for talking to me like i'm a kafir. awful nice of you.

Oh. :oops: :oops: :oops: I read your post as you saying "non-mahram" not "non-muslim"- sorry!! :oops:
Life Is...
A Tragedy For Those Who Feel
A Comedy For Those Who Think
And A Melody For Those Who Understand

#15 Hasaan Moyle

Hasaan Moyle

Smooth Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:48 PM

Edit: I was listening to a lecture by Sheikh Khalid Yasin and he said it is ok to say Salaam, as the prophet used to say, Peace be with the seekers of the truth, but he didn't say whether it was ok to say it first or not...

View Post

Actually, he often quoted a hadith that stated that a greeting should be returned with a greeting that is equal or better. I don't know the source of this hadith. It was quoted in a khutba delivered in GIYC, Liverpool.

Brother Khalid himself would say "assalamu ala man ittaba’a al-huda" in return to a non-Muslim offering him the salam. He disliked to say "wa alaykum".
MuslimVillage is lots of fun! It can be addictive!

Many of us have made life-long friends here and it has totally transformed the lives of many!

Please, to maximise your enjoyment here, read the Forum Rules, Terms and Conditions.

#16 stopnot

stopnot
  • Brothers
  • 704 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:26 PM

Assalamu Alaikum,

The Holy Quranic is very clear in regards to greetings:

Sura 4:86 When ye are greeted with a greeting, greet ye with a better than it or return it. Lo! Allah taketh count of all things.

This is supported by the following 4:94: Do not say to one who offers you peace, "You are not a believer"

Wassalam

#17 Aqeel.Shabazz

Aqeel.Shabazz
  • Brothers
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:29 PM

hmmmm..

someone is giving you a greeting of peace and you are certain that they are saying peace.. well im not sure why its forbidden to return that greeting.. in fact it sounds downright snobbish.. its like someone offering their hand for you to shake and you not shaking..

lets especially look at the meaning here.. if someone offers you peace in a greeting, and you refuse to give it back then they may take that to mean you have hostile intentions.
http://www.islamonli...d=1119503544320

Question and Answer Details

Name of Questioner
Islam   - Pakistan

Title
Greeting Non-Muslims

Question
Is It Allowed to greet non-Muslims with the words "As-Salamu `Alaykum”?

Date
03/Sep/2003

Name of Counsellor
Muhammad Saleh Al-Munajjid

Topic
Customs & Traditions

Answer

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, thanks for the question you posed, it’s very interesting, and that is why we also try our best to furnish you with appropriate answer.

As far as greeting the People of the Book, Jews and Christians, is concerned, Sheikh M. S. Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Islamic lecturer and author, states the following:

"Basically, it is not permissible to initiate the greeting of Salam to a non-Muslim. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “Do not initiate the greeting of Salam to a Jew or a Christian…” (Narrated by Muslim)

If one of them says “As-Samu `Alaykum” – meaning, may death be upon you – or it is not clear whether they have said “As-Salam” or "As-Sam", then we should respond by saying “Wa `Alaykum” (and upon you).

On this issue, Ibn `Umar, may Allah be pleased with them both, quotes Allah’s Messenger, peace and blessings be upon him, as saying: “When the Jews greet you, they say ‘As-Samu `Alaykum (may death be upon you),’ so respond by saying ‘`Wa Alaykum (and also upon you).’” (Narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

However, if a non-Muslim greets a Muslim with with the correct Islamic form of greeting (i.e., by saying ‘As-Salamu `Alaykum’ clearly), the scholars differed as to whether the Muslim has to return the greeting. The majority of scholars maintain that Muslims do have to return such greeting, and this is the correct view.

This is what is clear in the statements of Ibn Al-Qayyim, may Allah rest his soul in peace: They (Muslim scholars) differed as to whether it is obligatory to return the greeting or not. The majority said that it is obligatory and this is the correct view. A group of scholars said that it is not obligatory to return such greeting, just as it is not obligatory to return the greeting of those who follow Bid`ah. But the correct view is the first one. The difference is that we are commanded to forsake the followers of Bid`ah by way of rebuke and to warn others about them, which is not the case with Ahl Adh-Dhimmah (Jews and Christians). (Zad Al-Ma`ad, 2/425, 426)

In returning the greeting, the Muslim should respond in the manner prescribed by Shari`ah, by giving a similar or better response, because of the general meaning of the following Qur'anic verse:

“When you are greeted with a greeting, greet in return with what is better than it, or (at least) return it equally.” (An-Nisa’: 86)

Ibn Al-Qayyim, may Allah rest his soul in peace, said: If a Muslim is certain that the words used by Dhimmi in greeting him are ‘As-Salamu `Alaykum’, should he say ‘Wa `Alayka As-Salam’ or shorten it to ‘Wa `Alayk’? According to the principles of Shari`ah, he should say ‘Wa `Alayka As-Salam’, because this is more just, and Allah commands us to be just and to treat others well…" (Ahkam Ahl Adh-Dhimmah, 1/425, 426)"

Allah Almighty knows best.

Edited by Malik.Shakur, 10 August 2007 - 09:29 PM.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our will, within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others." -Thomas Jefferson

#18 Mosty

Mosty

Yes... zey do teach suber sayian fiqh at al-Azhar

• Moderators
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:33 PM

And can I just stress this point although it has already been mentioned. This is specifically when using the words "Asalamu Alaykum WaRahmatuallahi WaBarakatuhu" It does not refer to any other type of greeting. Meaning, you say be the first to say "Hi, Goodmorning" watever, but with "Asalamu Alaykum WaRahamatullahi WaBarakatuhu" then this greeting is resevred for Muslims.

Plus, I don't think you'll be ever greated with "Asalamu Alaykum WaRahamatullahi WaBarakatuhu" by a non-Muslim. I doubt most even know what it means.

Edited by Mosty, 10 August 2007 - 09:34 PM.

To get what you love, you must first be patient with what you hate.
- Imam Al- Ghazzali ®

#19 Aqeel.Shabazz

Aqeel.Shabazz
  • Brothers
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

Plus, I don't think you'll be ever greated with "Asalamu Alaykum WaRahamatullahi WaBarakatuhu" by a non-Muslim. I doubt most even know what it means.

View Post

you forget that there are arab non muslims... :dance:
"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action, according to our will, within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others." -Thomas Jefferson

#20 Othman

Othman
  • Brothers
  • 7,231 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

Assalamu Alaikum,

The Holy Quranic is very clear in regards to greetings:

Sura 4:86 When ye are greeted with a greeting, greet ye with a better than it or return it. Lo! Allah taketh count of all things.

This is supported by the following 4:94: Do not say to one who offers you peace, "You are not a believer"

View Post

You can't randomely apply general texts to specific cases, especially when specific texts on that issue exist.
"On the Day of Judgment there will be a flag for every person guilty of treachery. It will be raised in proportion to the extent of his guilt; and there is no guilt of treachery more serious than the one committed by the ruler of men" [Muslim]

#21 Mosty

Mosty

Yes... zey do teach suber sayian fiqh at al-Azhar

• Moderators
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:20 PM

you forget that there are arab non muslims... :dance:

View Post

Absolutley, but in my experience- and only my experience. I can always tell a Muslim arab from a non-Muslim arab, just by the way they greet. Really common in Egypt that a non-Muslim won't say "Asalamu Alaykum WaRahamatullahi WaBarakatuhu" but rather "Hiiii" Although of course, there are exceptions.

:yay:
To get what you love, you must first be patient with what you hate.
- Imam Al- Ghazzali ®

#22 tuxy85

tuxy85
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:29 AM

My house mate is from Saudi Arabia. I always greet him and his guests with "Salam."

I wasn't aware that some people might not appreciate this? I do this as a way of showing my respect for them and their culture. Once I gave my house mate a lift to the Gold Coast mosque for friday prayers and he said he wouldn't take long so I just waited in the car for him and read some uni lectures. An elderly man who was parked next to me approached his car and I think he went to say "Salam" but then saw me and thought there was very slim chance that I was a Muslim (blonde, blue eyes and dressed like your average "Aussie" Gold Coast uni student). I greeted him with a salam and he returned my greeting and smiled.

** side note, the Gold Coast mosque dishes up a great lunch!

#23 tuxy85

tuxy85
  • Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:32 AM

I guess the main reason I greet my Muslim friends with Salam is because I am very interested in Islam and I see it as a way of bridging the divide.

#24 Aqeel.Shabazz

Aqeel.Shabazz
  • Brothers
  • 2,268 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:35 AM

I guess the main reason I greet my Muslim friends with Salam is because I am very interested in Islam and I see it as a way of bridging the divide.

View Post

dont worry yourself my friend.. if your intention is good then say it.. some people may think that you are trying to patronise though but some ppl are like that.. if u greeted me with salams, i would return it anyday, and may ALLAH guide u my friend

#25 stopnot

stopnot
  • Brothers
  • 704 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

Assalamu Alaikum,

I have not randomly applied a general text that happens to be the Holy Quran because within we can find instructions for this specific case for us as Muslims. The other texts that you allude to are highly divisive, as we have seen so far in this discussion so far. When specific texts are highly divisive we can safely return to the simple instruction of the Holy Quran on that issue.

Wassalam

#26 Aunti Anti Terrorist

Aunti Anti Terrorist
  • Banned
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

jazakallahu khairan

wassalamu alaikum

View Post

The word "salam" is not just a word for greeting like "Hello" in English. It has a wider meaning than just a greeting word. When a person says : Assalamualaykum has not said just "Hello" , but has said: "peace upon you, I wish health for you, I wish success for you and in one word I wish you all the best" .
So if we consider the wide meaning of the word "Salam" then it makes sense that we should not use that word for Non-Muslims. If you say: Muslims should be kind, how come they don't evenh say Hello to Non-Muslims? I answer: No it's not about "Hello" , to use the word "hello" is much different wit the word "Salam" , if we say Assalamualaykum to a Non-Muslim we have wished all peace and success and all the best for him or her. So do you want a Non-Muslim to be successful in his or her religion? Do you want a Non-Muslim to be successful in worshiping dolls? Ofcourse not, so that's why prophet has said that hadith.
Prophet was so kind to everybody and smiling to everyone including Non-Muslim, so being polite to Non-Muslim is different , and this Hadith is not in conflict with it.
I don't know what "Hello" exactly mean, MAYBE we can say the English word "Hello" to Non-Muslims. Wassalaamu Alalmumeneen

#27 ahmedk

ahmedk
  • Moderators
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:22 PM

Salaam

Just because we don't use the formal greeting of Asalamu Alaikum Warhmat Allahu Wabarakatu with non-Muslims does not mean we are negatively judging them or allow us to treat them badly. It is simply that this form of greeting is reserved for Muslims.

Here is the full Sunnipath answer linked to above:

Giving Salams to Non-Muslims

Answered by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari

http://qa.sunnipath....ID=1953&CATE=34

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

The word ‘Salam’ is one of the names of Allah Almighty and it is included in the Islamic greeting ‘Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh’ (May the peace of Allah descend upon you and His Mercy and Blessings). In pre-Islamic Arabia, when people met, they used to greet each other with various greetings. Islam changed and replaced these greetings with this standard form of greeting.

The greeting ‘Assalamu Alaykum’ is commonly translated as ‘peace be upon you’ and it means: May you remain safe from every pain, sorrow and distress.

Qadhi Abu Bakr ibn al-Arabi (Allah have mercy on him) states:

“The word Salam is one the good names of Allah Almighty and ‘Assalamu Alaykum’ means: Allah Almighty is your guardian and caretaker. (Ahkam al-Qur’an).

Due to this aspect of Salam, it is generally impermissible to use this form of greeting for non-Muslims. Imam al-Haskafi (Allah have mercy on him) states:

“A believer may greet a non-Muslim (with the greeting of salam, m) if he has a need from him otherwise it is prohibitively disliked (makruh)……Therefore, one should abstain from saying Salam to the disbelievers, for the Hadith says: “Do not commence by greeting the Christians and Jews with Salam. If you meet one of them on a pathway, force them to walk on the side” recorded by al-Bukhari……. If a Jew, Christian or fire-worshipper greets you, then there is nothing wrong in replying to them, but one should not say more than ‘Wa alaykum’.

Allama Ibn Abidin (Allah have mercy on him) states by commentating on the above:

“It is stated in al-Shir’a (name of a book) that when one greets non-Muslims, one should say: Assalamu ala man ittaba’a al-huda (may peace be upon the guided ones). The reason for this impermissibility of saying Salam to non-Muslims is to not show them respect. When one greets them for a need, it is not out of respect, thus permissible. (See: Radd al-Muhtar ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar, 6/412).

Imam al-Bukhari records a Hadith in his Sahih on the authority of Anas ibn Malik (Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: If the people of the book (ahl al-Kitab) greet you, say in reply: Wa alaykum (and also on you)”. (Sahih al-Bukhari).

Also in Sahih al-Bukhari, in the ‘Chapter: How to greet a gathering in which there are Muslims and non-Muslims’ a long Hadith has been recorded on the authority of Usama ibn Zaid (Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) passed by a gathering in which there were Muslims, Idolaters and Jews, and the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) greeted them and invited them to Allah….. (Sahih al-Bukhari).

The author of Tafsir al-Mazhari states:

“If a group consists of Muslims, Idolaters and Jews, one should greet them (with Salam), as mentioned in the Hadith recorded by al-Bukhari and Muslim from Usama ibn Zaid. However, the intention should be to say Salam to the Muslims (of that group) so that it does not entail commencing to greet non-Muslims” (See: Ahkam al-Quran by al-Tahanawi, 2/306).

One of the great Hanafi scholars of the Indian subcontinent, Imam Ashraf Ali al-Tahanawi (Allah have mercy on him) states in his famous ‘heavenly ornaments’:

“If one’s teacher is a non-Muslim, then one should greet him by saying only Assalam (peace) or Assalamu ala man ittaba’a al-huda. One should abstain from using the words Assalamu Alaykum for non-Muslims”. (P. 476).

From the foregoing, we can conclude our discussion in the following points:

1) It is impermissible to greet non-Muslims with the Islamic greeting of Assalamu Alaykum

2) One may greet non-Muslims with the greeting they themselves use

3) At times of need, such as the hope of one accepting Islam, it would be permissible to greet non-Muslims with the Islamic greeting

4) If a non-Muslim greets a Muslim with the Islamic greeting, one should respond by saying Alaykum or Assalamu ala man ittaba’a al-huda. While doing so, one should pray that Allah Almighty guide him/her to embrace Islam.

5) If a group consists of Muslims and non-Muslims, then it is permissible to greet them with the Islamic greeting. However, the intention should be to greet the Muslims only.

And Allah knows best

Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari, UK
www.daruliftaa.co.uk

In that regard, and to clear up any possible confusion, I also post this from Sunnipath:

Showing kindness to non-Muslims

Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani, SunniPath Academy Teacher

http://qa.sunnipath....=8037&CATE=3600

Assalamu 'alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Sheikh Faraz,

What is the limit of kindness and mercy that one can show to non-Muslims? Non-Muslims I work with are very friendly and open-hearted to me. I can also be very kind inshaALLAH but I feel that I should not treat them with the same open-heartedness as I do my Muslim brothers. The ayat which says that the believers are severe with non-believers always lingers in the back of my mind when dealing with them and I think this has an effect on the overall way I deal with them.

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

I pray that this finds you well, and in the best of health and spirits. May Allah grant you all good and success in this life and the next.

Allah Most High has decreed excellence in conduct with all creation. This was the way and example of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him).

The verses about being "stern" and "severe" with non-Muslims relate to those who are at enmity with Muslims--and this, too, can only be expressed in ways consonant with the guidance of the Shariah, not on the basis of blind emotion.

And Allah alone gives success.

Faraz Rabbani

"If you are not part of the solution.......then you are part of the problem" anon

#28 Abdul Rahman

Abdul Rahman

Allah's most needy servant

• Brothers
  • 6,055 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:37 AM

The other texts that you allude to are highly divisive, as we have seen so far in this discussion so far.  When specific texts are highly divisive we can safely return to the simple instruction of the Holy Quran on that issue. 

Wassalam

View Post

Do you realise that you are referring to the speech of The Prophet Muhammad :saws: here?
"Whoever is satisfied to act without knowledge is satisfied with disobedience to Allah"
Imam Suyuti :ra:

#29 stopnot

stopnot
  • Brothers
  • 704 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:53 PM

Assalamu Alaikum Abdul Rahman,

Do you realise that I was not referring to the speech of The Prophet Muhammad but instead I was referring to the following texts?

1. Giving Salams to Non-Muslims
2. Is It Allowed to greet non-Muslims with the words "As-Salamu `Alaykum”?
3. http://www.islamonli...d=1119503544320

Wassalam

#30 Abdul Rahman

Abdul Rahman

Allah's most needy servant

• Brothers
  • 6,055 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:36 AM

Then you must admit that the Quran alone is insufficient to reach a conclusion since it has been qualified by the speech of The Messenger of Allah :saws:

wa alaykum as-salam brother.
"Whoever is satisfied to act without knowledge is satisfied with disobedience to Allah"
Imam Suyuti :ra:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users