Woke Up With A Swollen Upper Lip

15 replies to this topic

#1 Sarah

Sarah

Basking in the ambience..just basking in the ambience

• Former Member
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:10 PM

this morning i woke up with my upper lipswollen. throughout the nite i felt it tingling and just kind of ignored it then i woke u and it looks like i've done botox on my upper lip. it loooks soooooo funny like i loo in the mirror and crack up but what is gonig on and why did this happen?

i can't see a dr today because i have to drive back to port mac and tommorrow i'm seeing clients!! what if my clients think im pouting at them or soething!! i look like i'm pouting and i'mnot even!! lololololololo!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

has this ever hapned to anyone? it happened to my mum before but for her both lip were swollen and it was cause she put on a lipstick that she was allergic to, she's alergic to most things ad boody reacts like that but i dont have the same allergy problem and even if i did i never wear lipstick i never put anything on my lips last night or anything.

so what the? then i thought maybe something bit me last night??

its just so funny!! but weird!! if you have my number and receive mms then msg me and i'll send you a photo of if it but if anyone has anyidea of what this could be please enlighten me!!

if it doesnt go away by the end of tuesday i'll see a dr.

loolollololo!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
"(2)The revelation of the Book is from Allah the Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom. (3) Verily in the heavens and the earth, are Signs for those who believe."

(Al-Jathiyah)

#2 Shai*

Shai*

Goooozfraaabaaa

• Sisters
  • 9,302 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:25 PM

lol awww you poor thing! Do you have any other symptoms? It sounds like Angioedema.
More like an Emo parade for the boys. We'll hire some violinists from Austria to serenade you while you all cry & whinge - Mercurial

You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life? -Rumi

#3 Al-muntahaa

Al-muntahaa
  • Members
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:35 PM

and receive mms

There's the culprit right there ...

[img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:JzunAmFLUdmzqM:http://www.lhs.logan.k12.ut.us/~jsmart/m%26m.gif[/img]
We have guided missiles and misguided men - MLK

#4 Mosty

Mosty

Yes... zey do teach suber sayian fiqh at al-Azhar

• Moderators
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:05 PM

lol awww you poor thing! Do you have any other symptoms? It sounds like Angioedema.

Hmm Angioedema is usually an allergic reaction associated with some medications. Are you on any meds Sarah?
Sounds like it just could be a mosquito bite.
To get what you love, you must first be patient with what you hate.
- Imam Al- Ghazzali ®

#5 abcd

abcd
  • Members
  • 870 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:38 PM

It could be something to do with your teeth.. could be anything really..
Inshallah nothing serious. Try see a local doc where you are at, ther should be docs there :)

Allah yeshfiki - May Allah cure you

Take care,

salam
...do not throw yourself into destruction with your own hands, 2:195
To those who believe and do deeds of righteousness hath Allah promised forgiveness and a great reward, 5:9 </span></span>

#6 znood elsit

znood elsit
  • Sisters
  • 848 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

sinuses maybe? i woke up and my entire mouth was puffy... like my gums and i take great are of my mouth and am a dental assitant so its not lack of dental hygiene... its gone now... put it down to mystery andunless it reccurs just dont worry about it...ehehe...

#7 Kareem

Kareem

Abu Leila

• Brothers
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:33 PM

Please make dua for Znood she has had her wisdom teeth out and is in much pain. Jazak Allah Kheir!
Wara Aneb- Drooooool!

TAKBIR! ALLAH U AKBAR!

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
Mark Twain

Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
Mark Twain

#8 CM786

CM786

Just for Palestine/Syria

• Moderators
  • 7,326 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

LOL It happened to me once ages ago. Both lips were swollen. Dont know what happen, I remembered cooling it down with colgate toothpaste and it gets worse :lol: parents took me to dr and gave me a shot and Alhamdullillah it goes back to normal. Must be somekind of allergic reaction ;) Sis Dont wait too long go and see a dr :)
That which brings you closer to Allah (swt), is the greatest blessing of all.

#9 al-CIA-da

al-CIA-da
  • Brothers
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:07 PM

i'm going with herpes(aka coldsores). it explains the tingling and the swelling.

Edited by al-CIA-da, 07 May 2007 - 08:07 PM.

#10 Mosty

Mosty

• Moderators
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:08 PM

i'm going with herpes(aka coldsores). it explains the tingling and the swelling.

No! her symptoms don't match that of a coldsore. You're fired...!
I'm sticking with a bite, probably from a mosquito. Sarah... sis... update us.
- Imam Al- Ghazzali ®

#11 Mosty

Mosty

• Moderators
  • 5,897 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:09 PM

Please make dua for Znood she has had her wisdom teeth out and is in much pain. Jazak Allah Kheir!

Insha'Allah her pain will go away as fast as possible. Remember pain is only temporary, and live in the comfort that it is expiating your sins :D
Insha'Allah a speedy recovery Znood, hang in there
- Imam Al- Ghazzali ®

#12 Sarah

Sarah

Basking in the ambience..just basking in the ambience

• Former Member
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:41 PM

salams!! thanks for the replies!! i mus say it was one of the weirdest thigns that ever happened to me but it was sooo funny!! me and my feinds stiull laugh at the picture of my lip!! hahaahahah

i dont get cold sores but i know what they look like cause of a friend that gets them. mine was much more different just a swollen mother of a lip. it deflated throughout the rest of the day and by the next morning it was back to normal again.

not on any meds and not allerigc to anythign that i know of except fake jewellry so i think it must have been some sort of bite from an insect or some kin dof allergic reaction to somethign i dont even know yet??

ahhh well!! it's all over!!! inshallah it never happens again!

HOWEVER!!!! one day while sitting on the grass at night in port these thigns bit me!! i thopught they were mosquitos but when i went home they grew into these massive big fat mother of lumps!! and i kept scratching them cause they were so itchy but GUESS WAHT THEY WERE????? ..... SAND FLY BITES!!! thats what my feind told me cause i was like omg waht is this??? that is really bad, dont sit on the grass at night if you're near teh beach!!!

p.s sorry for really late reply/
p.s duas for znood!
p.p.s nothing :)
"(2)The revelation of the Book is from Allah the Exalted in Power, Full of Wisdom. (3) Verily in the heavens and the earth, are Signs for those who believe."

(Al-Jathiyah)

#13 Hanan Oum Medina

Hanan Oum Medina

All'alba vincero

• Sisters
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:32 PM

Woke Up With A Swollen Upper Lip....

sis, have you seen Fight Club? :blink: :wacko:
"There is none amongst the believers who plants a tree, or sows a seed, and then a bird, or a person, or an animal eats thereof, but it is regarded as having given a charitable gift [for which there is great recompense]."

#14 Guest_buriedaway_4536_*

Guest_buriedaway_4536_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2007 - 11:41 PM

I think you just broke the first rule...

#15 Wesam

Wesam
  • Banned
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:05 AM

Stop biting your lip in your sleep, like derr :egads:

yeh yeh yeh.... I know.... now comes denial.

Fact is many people do it and don't realise.
This is our fault, doctors over prescribing antibiotics. Got a cold? Take some penicillin.......We bred these super bugs, they're our babies. Now they're all grown up, have body piercings and a lot of anger HOUSE MD

#16 Appollymi1

Appollymi1

Lady Appollymi

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

i had that happen to my daughter once cos she had one of those really old metal cups near her face it wasnt allergic it was more like a bacterial thing beware of those old golden or zinc coloured decos in some old wall units and see a doctor soon cos it also might be a bite that doesnt agree with you :whome:
"I'll abide by my word, but you will never win me back. Believe me, in two weeks, I will slice open your throat, drink from your blood and then pierce your heart and laugh while your body explodes into dust."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users