Photo
- - - - -

Meaning Of Your Name...

221 replies to this topic

#211 RoseSky

RoseSky

Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny?

• Sisters
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:10 PM

^I think it means "Deer" sis not 'cow' as we know/think it. The male deer is called a 'buck' or 'bull' and female a 'cow' or 'doe'.

In arabic deer is 'ghazal/ghazelle' but 'Maha' is probably another type of 'ghazelle'
In Surat ar-Rahman: "When the sky disintegrates, and turns rose colored like paint." {55;37}. This picture is taken by the NASA Hubble Space Telescope of the "Cat's Eye Nebula." It is an exploding star 3,000 light years away..

#212 Maha

Maha
  • Sisters
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

^I think it means "Deer" sis not 'cow' as we know/think it. The male deer is called a 'buck' or 'bull' and female a 'cow' or 'doe'.

In arabic deer is 'ghazal/ghazelle' but 'Maha' might be another time of 'ghazelle'

:oops: Thanks sis Lol I knew it was Gazelle But when i seen wild cow :ph34r: Its all good sis thankyou kindly for the clarification!!
Allah swt is my lord. Islam is my life. Al Quran is my guide. The Sunnah is my practice. Paradise is my goal inshaAllah!!!

#213 Maha

Maha
  • Sisters
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 12:24 PM

My Husband also loves the name Mariam..inshallah if Allah swt gives us kids we will choose that name.

It's a name thats mentioned approximatley 35 times in the Qur'an :D

فَلَمَّا وَضَعَتْهَا قَالَتْ رَبِّ إِنِّي وَضَعْتُهَا أُنثَى وَاللّهُ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا وَضَعَتْ وَلَيْسَ الذَّكَرُ كَالْأُنثَى وَإِنِّي سَمَّيْتُهَا مَرْيَمَ وِإِنِّي أُعِيذُهَا بِكَ وَذُرِّيَّتَهَا مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ

"And when she was delivered she said: My Lord! Lo! I am delivered of a female - Allah knew best of what she was delivered - the male is not as the female; and lo! I have named her Mary, and lo! I crave Thy protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast."
(Surat Aal-e-Imran, Verse 36)

Ohhhhh I luv the name Maryam.

Maryam, may Allah be pleased with her a woman of true beauty and purity
Allah swt is my lord. Islam is my life. Al Quran is my guide. The Sunnah is my practice. Paradise is my goal inshaAllah!!!

#214 Kulazzi

Kulazzi
  • Sisters
  • 9,649 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

I have as the meaning Mother of the Poor.. hmm how true is that??

:salam:

I have a book on Women around the Messenger :saws: [by Muhammad 'Ali Qutb] and the Zeinab[s] he refers to in the text have their meaning as "Mother of the Poor"/"Mother of the Faithful".

Wassalaam.
Ma ki du'a

Jannat ki hawa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A mother's prayers

are like the winds of heaven

#215 OhYeah

OhYeah
  • Sisters
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:20 PM

interpretation of my name: mother of the nations

#216 Bint Halal

Bint Halal

DAM3ET 7OZN

• Former Member
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

:salam:

I have a book on Women around the Messenger :saws: [by Muhammad 'Ali Qutb] and the Zeinab[s] he refers to in the text have their meaning as "Mother of the Poor"/"Mother of the Faithful".

Wassalaam.

:) I Love my name!
Don't tell people not to tell you certain things, because they'll tell you exactly what you told them not to tell you!

Always Guilty before the sin, I can't win!

Khaybar, Khaybar yaa yahood, jayshu Muhammad sawfa ya’ood

#217 Ultm8_Dzire

Ultm8_Dzire
  • Sisters
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

Name is Navila.... in Arabic its Nafilah from the Nafl (sunnah prayer)...
mum also said my name means present/gift B)
Kul inama yuhaa ilaya anamaa ilaahukum ilaa huwaahid, fahal antum muslimun?
"It is revealed to me that your God is one God, will you then be Muslims?"
108: Al-Anbiyaa

#218 Al-muntahaa

Al-muntahaa
  • Members
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:58 PM

Name is Navila.... in Arabic its Nafilah

وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَتَهَجَّدْ بِهِ نَافِلَةً لَّكَ عَسَى أَن يَبْعَثَكَ رَبُّكَ مَقَامًا مَّحْمُودًا

And pray in the small watches of the morning: (it would be) an additional prayer (or spiritual profit) [Nafilah] for thee: soon will thy Lord raise thee to a Station of Praise and Glory! - [Quran 17:79]
We have guided missiles and misguided men - MLK

#219 Al-muntahaa

Al-muntahaa
  • Members
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:16 PM

In arabic deer is 'ghazal/ghazelle' but 'Maha' is probably another type of 'ghazelle'

It is indeed, found in the saharan distinguished by its big beautiful eyes and used in arabic prose to denote a thing of beauty and found in the Quran (well sort of).

وَأُبْرِىءُ الأكْمَهَ - [Quran 3:49]
We have guided missiles and misguided men - MLK

#220 Mademoiselle

Mademoiselle

Coco Mademoiselle

• Sisters
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:31 PM

= Pure
"This is the point from which i can never return and if i back down now, then forever i burn. This is the point from which i can never retreat coz if i turn back now, there will never be peace" - Immortal Technique

#221 Ultm8_Dzire

Ultm8_Dzire
  • Sisters
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

oh Jazak-Allah Khairan Al-muntaha...
I love that ayah..obviously.
So i am an additonal prayer/spiritual profit..Awesome! :D
Kul inama yuhaa ilaya anamaa ilaahukum ilaa huwaahid, fahal antum muslimun?
"It is revealed to me that your God is one God, will you then be Muslims?"
108: Al-Anbiyaa

#222 beauty-luscious

beauty-luscious

SUCH IS LIFE...

• Sisters
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

my name means LILY ...

subhanallah,.... lillies are my favourite flower! ;)
when the world pushes you to your knees... you are in the perfect position to pray...

www.beauty-luscious.webs.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users