66 replies to this topic

#1 Usama

Usama

Remember the day of your final Wash.

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:08 PM

Assalamualaykum

I have been told that quiet a number of our muslim brothers around the suburb of Auburn and the surrounding surburbs from the lebanese community are eating McDonalds specifically Big Macs late at night.

Their excuse is that there is no other takeaway shops open at that time of the night, except Mc Donalds and they get hungary for meat.

Well apart from the meat not being slaughtered the islamic way in McDonalds, the meat of the Big Mac is well known to have a mix of sheep meat, cow meat, cat meat and even dog meat. I know this after having worked in that industry for a number of years back in my youth.

If you know any brothers who are eating McDonalds then advise them to cease, and instead go and buy a Kebab.

Wasalam

#2 Armenian*Muslimah

Armenian*Muslimah

A rare breed

• Sisters
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:14 PM

There are some McDonalds that are halal certified- Im sure Punchbowl and Lakemba is... not sure about Auburn though...
** Don't tell me the sky's the limit.. when there are footprints on the moon **

#3 SirZubair

SirZubair

ѕιя zυвαιя

• Brothers
  • 16,073 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:26 PM

Well apart from the meat not being slaughtered the islamic way in McDonalds, the meat of the Big Mac is well known to have a mix of sheep meat, cow meat, cat meat and even dog meat.

:eyepop: :unsure: :mellow:
Alhumdulilah!

#4 LovinMyDeen

LovinMyDeen

Traverse this path with certainty

• Sisters
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:32 PM

LOL
macdonalds halal? Halal has become buisness these days..
Peace

#5 Sakinah

Sakinah
  • Sisters
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:16 PM

halal or not halal, i would never touch the stuff :barf:

ps. the one in lidcombe is also halal
hh

#6 Sam

Sam
  • Former Member
  • 19,074 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:43 PM

LOL
macdonalds halal? Halal has become buisness these days..
Peace

McDonalds have had Halal stores here in Sydney for some time now, along with KFC... at least a couple of years I think.

Personally I don't have a problem with them providing halal food, not that I really eat their food, but I have once or twice.

wasalaam
sam
Israel's strategy: "The beatings will continue until morale improves"

#7 JiGZ

JiGZ

Abu Ayman, Zainudeen

• Brothers
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:47 PM

:barf: at maccas. :drool: at KFC :P
Me, I always tell the truth, even when I lie

A married man who misses his single life has not married his wife with his heart - Dishdash

#8 Ruminate

Ruminate
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:49 PM

I ate a fish-burger last night.

What's wrong with fillet of fish?

#9 Jaaved

Jaaved

Alhamdulillah

• Admin
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:02 PM

If they indeed are using meat other than 100% beef in their burgers (with the exception of their fish and chicken burgers for the pedantic amongst us) then they are misleading the consumer. If I remember correctly from the ads on telly and the few times I've been in maccas, they use '100% beef' in their burgers...
“One of the greatest tribulations Allah can afflict a servant with is to preoccupy him with the faults of others, and blind him to his own faults.” — Quoted by Imam Zaid Shakir

“If you see an injustice, ACT ON IT, and if you can't do that, then SPEAK ON IT, and if you can't do that, then FEEL IT IN YOUR HEART, it's the weakest form of faith but at least that's a start.” — "Act On It" by The Brothahood

#10 Shug

Shug

With Islam can their only be true justice...

• Brothers
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:08 PM

Assalamualaykum

I have been told that quiet a number of our muslim brothers around the suburb of Auburn and the surrounding surburbs from the lebanese community are eating McDonalds specifically Big Macs late at night.

Their excuse is that there is no other takeaway shops open at that time of the night, except Mc Donalds and they get hungary for meat.

Well apart from the meat not being slaughtered the islamic way in McDonalds, the meat of the Big Mac is well known to have a mix of sheep meat, cow meat, cat meat and even dog meat. I know this after having worked in that industry for a number of years back in my youth.

If you know any  brothers who are eating McDonalds then advise them to cease, and instead go and buy a  Kebab.

Wasalam

How long ago did you work at Maccas? cause like Jaaved mentioned they now advertise it as 100% beef.
We will never submit
We will never leave
We will never be silenced
We will never forget

#11 Jaaved

Jaaved

Alhamdulillah

• Admin
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:10 PM

if they were found to be misleading the consumer in such a manner, they'd be open to the mother of lawsuits... and who wants that hassle?
“One of the greatest tribulations Allah can afflict a servant with is to preoccupy him with the faults of others, and blind him to his own faults.” — Quoted by Imam Zaid Shakir

“If you see an injustice, ACT ON IT, and if you can't do that, then SPEAK ON IT, and if you can't do that, then FEEL IT IN YOUR HEART, it's the weakest form of faith but at least that's a start.” — "Act On It" by The Brothahood

#12 Sam

Sam
  • Former Member
  • 19,074 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:05 PM

If they indeed are using meat other than 100% beef in their burgers (with the exception  of their fish and chicken burgers for the pedantic amongst us) then they are misleading the consumer. If I remember correctly from the ads on telly and the few times I've been in maccas, they use '100% beef' in their burgers...

The Halal Maccas and KFC here are certified through AFIC.

#13 Dishdash

Dishdash

is loving Salafi cowboys.

• Brothers
  • 9,510 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:19 PM

Assalamualaykum

Welcome back br Usama.

Bro - if you put things like this, I want to see your source. Youthful reminiscing doesn't pass as proof of anything. Are you telling me you saw domestic pets slaughtered and put into burgers? You saw this with your own eyes?

I just don't believe you.

If they have halal certification, that's fine but I think the real issue is whether it is Tayyiba or not....
Islamaphobaphobe.

Every soul shall taste death.
Every soul should taste wara enib.

#14 Dishdash

Dishdash

• Brothers
  • 9,510 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:20 PM

I don't eat there myself, but I defend the right of brothers who want to - it is halal to you if there is a halal certificate.
Islamaphobaphobe.

#15 Hasaan Moyle

Hasaan Moyle

Smooth Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:36 PM

McDonalds are a giant of the corporate world, and they have restaurants all over the world.

I'm sure that if they claim that one or two of their restaurants are now using only halal meat, there should be no doubt in our minds at all.

Why would they lie to us? McDonalds? The folks who brought us everyone's favourite clown, Ronald McDonald? And let's not forget the "Hamburglar" and the big fat purple guy that I forgot the name of, who was in all those ads in the 80's.

They've never lied to us about their ingredients in the past, so why would they start now?

I can't believe that there are some people who would even suspect that McDonalds could be dishonest when they claim that one or two of their restaurants are absolutely 100% halal.

Surely, they are more concerned about the unique dietary needs of Sydney's Muslim community than they are about petty things like profits!

McDonalds LOVES us! McDonalds is our nutritional savior!

Good, nice McDonalds... need to spend more money at McDonalds... need to spend money now... need to eat Big Mac... Big Mac good. Need fries... fries good... Thirsty... mmm... large Coke... mmm... add 50c... get supersize meal... :wacko:
MuslimVillage is lots of fun! It can be addictive!

Many of us have made life-long friends here and it has totally transformed the lives of many!

Please, to maximise your enjoyment here, read the Forum Rules, Terms and Conditions.

#16 Niche

Niche
  • Banned
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

HASAN LMAAAAAAAAOOOOOOO!!! CLASSIC STUFF!
" A clear conscience makes a soft pillow "

#17 Moby

Moby

He that can't endure the bad will not live to see the good.

• Sisters
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 08:58 PM

Good, nice McDonalds... need to spend more money at McDonalds... need to spend money now... need to eat Big Mac... Big Mac good. Need fries... fries good... Thirsty... mmm... large Coke... mmm... add 50c... get supersize meal...

What about dessert? Surely a 30c cone should do the trick. Whats that? caramel? Oh take the caramel sundae, its only a few more pennies. go on.
Try the cultural McDonalds where you can get real tandoori chicken in a bun, a deli choice. Ah where would we be without McDonalds?

:P
Posted Image

#18 maya_a007

maya_a007

leila get well soon baby girl

• Sisters
  • 225 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:13 PM

What about dessert? Surely a 30c cone should do the trick. Whats that? caramel? Oh take the caramel sundae, its only a few more pennies. go on.
Try the cultural McDonalds where you can get real tandoori chicken in a bun, a deli choice. Ah where would we be without McDonalds?

ummm there 30c cones actually cost 40c LOL <_<

#19 Moby

Moby

He that can't endure the bad will not live to see the good.

• Sisters
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:14 PM

ummm there 30c cones actually cost 40c LOL

Well in my day, they were 30c.
Posted Image

#20 murissa

murissa

Alive...

• Sisters
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

halal or not halal, i would never touch the stuff  :barf:

same here!!! NO WAY!!! :stop:

#21 DeeDz

DeeDz
  • Sisters
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:16 PM

yukk... this is disgusting.. i hate maccers, everytime i drive past it,or someone suggests we should eat it, the first thing that comes to my mind is cancer for some reason <_<

:barf:

Edited by DeeDz, 19 January 2006 - 10:17 PM.

“The most beloved of deeds to Allaah is the one that is continuous, even if it is little.”

#22 BilalB

BilalB
  • Brothers
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:21 PM

hey maybe the cats and dogs are slaughtered the halal way :)
̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡

#23 Sakinah

Sakinah
  • Sisters
  • 2,453 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:21 PM

it is a fact that they use to put beef in the fries to make it taste better and they did not disclose this to the public. Apparently some hindus got together to sue them but im not sure what the outcome was.
hh

#24 DeeDz

DeeDz
  • Sisters
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

hey maybe the cats and dogs are slaughtered the halal way  :)

:shock: :shock:

and..................................
“The most beloved of deeds to Allaah is the one that is continuous, even if it is little.”

#25 BilalB

BilalB
  • Brothers
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:30 PM

:shock:  :shock:
and..................................

if you don't know sarcasm when you see it, it's your bed time :lol:
̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡

#26 Shock_And_Awe_Mujahid

Shock_And_Awe_Mujahid
  • Banned
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:48 PM

i would like to see ur sources people.. for all of these accusations.. if you don't like eating mcdonalds, then don't.. dont just believe every urban myth then expect others to follow you...

I dont like mcdonalds, but i dont think it is approapriate to believe the hype that you hear.. just because u hear it.. we need to research these things and get the facts..

peace

jihad...

ps.. now where is that warn anaib?
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"-Emiliano Zapata
"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead...Only then will you know that you are doing your share"

#27 murissa

murissa

Alive...

• Sisters
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:24 PM

bro Shock_And_Awe_Mujahid i think everyone knows how it all works...dont you know any people who work there?? ASK THEM!!
sheesh kebabz

#28 Dishdash

Dishdash

• Brothers
  • 9,510 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 12:33 AM

If you believed all the urban myths, you'd think all Indian, Chinese and even sheesh kebabs were made with cats, dogs and pigeons...

Do you have pets Usama?
Islamaphobaphobe.

#29 SirZubair

SirZubair

ѕιя zυвαιя

• Brothers
  • 16,073 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 02:52 AM

hey maybe the cats and dogs are slaughtered the halal way  :)

OH in that case.... :drool:

Alhumdulilah!

#30 Sam

Sam
  • Former Member
  • 19,074 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:01 AM

MSurely, they are more concerned about the unique dietary needs of Sydney's Muslim community than they are about petty things like profits!

McDonalds LOVES us! McDonalds is our nutritional savior!

Good, nice McDonalds...  need to spend more money at McDonalds...  need to spend money now...  need to eat Big Mac...  Big Mac good. Need fries...  fries good...   Thirsty... mmm...  large Coke... mmm...  add 50c... get supersize meal... :wacko:

Bro, I understand where the sarcasm is coming from, but the truth is that you will find quite a few muslim owned businesses that are just as concerned about profits, and sell food that is no better for us than McDonalds anyway. If the issue here is "tayyibah", then I think you'll find that the majority of halal restaurants here will fail the test. People who dish out McDonalds and then go and buy a greasy, antibiotic-pumped kebab are only fooling themselves.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users