• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SiMa

SiMa
  • Sisters
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:41 PM

Asalamu alaikum,

Does anyone know the deeper meaning of this hadith?

Woman was created from a bent rib and will not be made straight for you on one way (that you like). If you want to enjoy her,you enjoy her while she is still bent. If you want to straighten her up, you will break her. Breaking her is divorcing her. [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

Jazakum Allahu Kheir,

wa salam,

SiMa :)
There is no miracle greater than being awakened to one's faults.
Shaykh Nuh Ha Mim Keller

#2 SiMa

SiMa
  • Sisters
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

anybody....hello.... :(
Shaykh Nuh Ha Mim Keller

#3 BilalB

BilalB
  • Brothers
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:49 PM

Amr Khalid had a nice explanation for this, he said that Eve was created from the bent rib that covers the heart of Adam (as), without a woman a man's heart is open to bad things in this world, i'll find out more and get back to you.
̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡

#4 Ademind

Ademind
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:50 PM

asalamu alyikom
sister hope this helps your queston.

wifes rights in islam
http://www.iccuk.org...ts_in_islam.pdf

Masalama :)
http://www.habibtour.com.au/

The Real Honest Truth about Habib Umar ( http://www.aswjmedia.com/habibumar.htm )

#5 SiMa

SiMa
  • Sisters
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 10:16 PM

Jazakum Allahu Kheir Ademind and the_bilal.

the-bilal i look foward to reading more on what Amr Khalid had to say...insha'Allah :)
Shaykh Nuh Ha Mim Keller

#6 child-of-islam

child-of-islam
  • Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:00 PM

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

First i would like to say with all my respect to Amr Khaled and allah knows that i love him but he is not a scholar or even a knowldeg student! so i cannot take his words on this..he is just a da3i and he is doing good job there so let's not keep him out of his crircle cause he even himself said that he is just a da3i :)

Second The hadith is clear and obvious regarding to which part the woman was created from. However, the rest of the Hadith is to show how women should be treated in sense of kindness and taking it easy with them. so it's more like not to be too easy with them otherwise they will be ruined and not to bee too hard with them so they will be stubborn and such harshness will get them harmed. so it's having the wisdom and blanace when treating them :)

If you wanna know the Tasfsser of the Hadith...you can refer to the Ibn Hijr book in his explaination to sahih Bukhari :)

and allah knows best :)

Edited by child-of-islam, 21 November 2005 - 03:35 PM.

Allah Messenger's Peace & Blessings Be Upon Him said:" Be in this world as a traveller or as a stranger"

#7 landownunder

landownunder

Landownunder

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:29 PM

anybody....hello.... :(

Very touchy subject... this could lead to a Male Vs Female debate.I shall stay clear :)
If he didnt want to give, he wouldnt have given want!

#8 BilalB

BilalB
  • Brothers
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:13 PM

Well Said Child-To-Islam
̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡

#9 MrWarraEnib

MrWarraEnib

Member to Remember!!!!

• Brothers
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:39 PM

Praise be to Allaah.

This is a saheeh hadeeth which was narrated by the two Shaykhs [al-Bukhaari and Muslim] in al-Saheehayn from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Treat women kindly, for woman was created from a bent rib, and the most crooked part of the rib is the top part, so treat women kindly.”

This is a command to husbands, fathers, brothers and others to treat women kindly and not to oppress them; to give them their rights and to guide them to do good. This is what is obligatory upon everyone, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Treat women kindly.” This is not altered by the fact that a woman may sometimes mistreat her husband or relatives with her words or actions, because she was created from a rib as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, and the most crooked part of it is the top. It is well known that the top of it is the part by which it is attached, so the rib will have some crookedness in it at that point, as is well known.

The meaning is that she will inevitably have some crookedness or shortcomings in her character. Hence it was narrated in another hadeeth in al-Saheehayn:

“I have not seen any lacking in rational ability and failing in religion but (at the same time) robbing the wisdom of the wise, besides you [women].”

The point is that this is the ruling of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and it is narrated in al-Saheehayn from the hadeeth of Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him). What is meant by lacking in rational ability, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, is that the testimony of two women is equivalent to the testimony of one man. Failing in religion, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, means that women spend days and nights without praying, i.e., because of menstruation or post-childbirth bleeding. This is a shortcoming which Allaah has decreed for them, and there is no sin on them because of that.

So women should accept this in the way that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) meant it, even if a woman is knowledgeable and pious, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not speak of his own whims and desires, rather that was a Revelation that was revealed to him, which he conveyed to the ummah, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“By the star when it goes down (or vanishes).

Your companion (Muhammad) has neither gone astray nor has erred.

Nor does he speak of (his own) desire.

It is only a Revelation revealed” [al-Najm 53:1-4]
We are one, but we are many,
And from all the groups of Islam we come,
We share a belief,
And pray to one god,
I am, You are, We are Australian Muslims

www.abdulbasitonline.com :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users